• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Murlocologist Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
Here are most of character icons for wc3 I made. You can take these and convert to blp with button manager for in-game use. If I find where I saved others I will post them. In top row style was mostly determined by final touch of smudge and row below with sharpening.

From left to right: BTNTiger, BTNOldMan, BTNMurloc, BTNNightElf, BTNDoomLord, BTNKnightSalute, BTNMannoroth, BTNZeus.

icons.png

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

Excellent work my friend, I hope you can continue your Journey as a Glorious Icon maker.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Awexome to see a thread for your stuff, man. : )

~~~

I think that Murloc on the top is best. I'd say I like that white tiger, but it's just a recolor of Murlocologist's awexome regular Tiger icon. Shame on you for stealing artwork without crediting.

xD

Level 50
Nice, lots of high quality icons you get here.
Hold up! Is that Darth Maul?
Yeah, actually a recolor of my previous icon:
pu.png

About my future icons, as I made all these with gimp program and a computer mouse, it takes a lot time to get one done and especially a long time when your mouse's left button starts lagging. I don't think I'll be posting any new works as I can't even draw a straight line in the program, so if I find any more of old icons I'll list them.

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

If this was imgur, I would upvote this 500 times. I really love the strokes and the outcome of the facial hair, The color tone of this Gramps is really nice. Keep up the awesome work.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
About my future icons, as I made all these with gimp program and a computer mouse, it takes a lot time to get one done and especially a long time when your mouse's left button starts lagging. I don't think I'll be posting any new works as I can't even draw a straight line in the program, so if I find any more of old icons I'll list them.
Kickstarter? Lol. New mouse/drawing tablet?

Roland

R

Roland

You could buy a wacom tablet as a bargain, How about you go look for some Auctions who sells those stuff, I bought mine from the auction but it's missing with a Stylus, That pen was really expensive. (2000 Philippine Peso), Or how about you find some second hand stuff online? It'll be a great idea... Amazon also is a good way to find a wacom tablet.

Level 15
holy shit. with mouse? damn you are god! you need to get a tablet. I read a lot "how to get better in digital art", and it always say "dont ever use mouse and get a tablet". and now you already this good with mouse, i cant imagine when you mastered tablet too *.*

anyway, did you do traditional painting too?

Roland

R

Roland

From what I can see right now that there's no problem about your outcome so as the suitable coloring of your icon and the shading.. But This Guy >
btntroo-png.252481
Needs some work on the perspective shape of it but I love the outcome man. Keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.