• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some crappy little stuff I whipped up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I decided I wanted one of those sick WoW icons by Blizzard as my avatar, so I found this neat trick to blow them up to bigger sizes without making them look absolutely horrid.

Basically, you paste the 64x64 into photoshop, make the image size 512x512, use the Accented Edges filter twice, maybe sharpen it a bit, and reduce the size to 128x128. Now for all the art-nazis out there, I'm not claiming any "artistic talent" with these works, just showing the newbies how easy it is to make a cool avatar out of their favorite WC3 icons. So don't bitch at me (it's happened before...)!

Now, my problem is, they still don't look as good as I woudl like them to look. I'm open for suggestions to get rid of the fat black blobs...
Oh, and I'm open to requests. And I know there's a lot of nice icons out there, but I need permission to make them! Any blizzard icon is fine though.

Attachments

• voidsword2.jpg
    voidsword2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 140
  • voidhammer2.jpg
    voidhammer2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 125
  • voidsword.jpg
    voidsword.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 138
  • voidhammer.jpg
    voidhammer.jpg