• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worst game you have ever played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'll have to say... Lords of the Realm III. The game had bad graphics. Also, it just had no terrin, it looked like a NES game. Just in 3D. On the box it looked like a balst. It had great graphics, and it seemed like you could do more then just select like 60 guys and walk around. If you have a game you'll like to warn us about please post! 8)

Please, if there is a game you like and someone says something bad about it. Don't flame them. If you must say something to that person please PM him/her telling them you didn't like there post. Thank you.

Level 13
I never player REALLY BAD game. At least cannot remember it. :? I don't buy bad games ;), cuz I buy a game ONLY after reading its review in my favourite magazine for gamers :D

BTW This magazine released on its cover CD i.e. Fallout, Quake 2, BloodRayne, THPS3 ;) so it needs respect :twisted:

PS Have you heard about upcoming The Witcher RPG game? :D

Level 9
Tibia for MMO games. poor graphics, ridiculous gameplay and dumb role. they have the audacy to install a premium system for such a horrible game

WarZone for common. it is really freaking bad. very confusing gameplay, no fun with the campaigns and the techtree. Also its boring.

**i dont like Runescape but many ppl are addicted to it. ive read a thread here about someone's friend who pays for itens in this game. absolutely pathetic**

Level 12
Total Annihilation Kingdoms, no doubt about it. I liked Total Annihilation pretty much so I thought that TA Kingdoms would be fun but that was a big mistake. It so freaking boring and ugly, I just hate it.

Daikatana
Ha ha, I have never played it but I have heard that it not a very good game, that many people don't like it.

Level 16
The Tribes series and or course, Runescape. Runescape was a pathetic game. You had kids ranging from ages 5-16 flooding my frigg'n library computer system to play Runescape, like some giant LAN party. What's even worse is that people actually will pay money for that. Tribes was so frigg'n complex. You would have to memorize the manual full of different sets of gears and weapons. The mouse sensitivity and gameplay almost assured the fact the sniper rifle leading would be useless. Not to mention this one thing: "Take a shocklance (Useless gear) and take out the signal tower at point blank while not getting fried by a plasma turret.

Another useless game: Every warcraft attempt by an amateur mapper in an attempt to make a fake replication of another game: i.e. someone trying to make Pokemon for warcraft.

Level 22
*hopes Eusira isnt talking about me*

Hundred Swords ranked #1 worst with me for the PC. However, Aubird Force for the PS1 is so far the only game I actually physically destroyed after playing it. Yes, it was THAT bad...

I woudn't even sell it for the fear of damning some other poor soul to its horridness.
-VGsatomi

Level 16
No, Satomi, I was not talking about you. I was mentioning the people who are dumb enough *ahem* excuse my language, that they believe they are going to use the original war3 models to create Pokemon. I believe you're using an expert to create you own, or at least do your very best to not succumb to those tactics

Level 3
<PMM>TerranUp16 said:
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. Worst game I've ever played .

Empire at War looks good though, and has its own engine, not the AoE2 one...

There is a real game named that. If your talking about the map, it's just the same as flaming someone. (Which I beleive.) But yea the real game bites. :roll:

Level 23
Half-life. Oh... My... God...

I had read rave reviews of it for ages, I was really excited that I had finally managed to get what was apparently the best game ever. How wrong could they be???

Well, aside from crap graphics (but I can cope with that, I knew it was an (ha!) old game), it had no storyline. I mean, WTF? Do stuff, and suddenly you have to go places with aliens randomly appearing in front of you. And there was no music. No music! And when I decided to play my own, I realised there were no subtitles either... And frequently there was just no indication of where you're supposed to go; you had to wander around for hours until something happened.

Sorry to rant, but really! I wasted ten quid on that!

Level 12
Rao Dao Zao said:

I had read rave reviews of it for ages, I was really excited that I had finally managed to get what was apparently the best game ever. How wrong could they be???

Well, aside from crap graphics (but I can cope with that, I knew it was an (ha!) old game), it had no storyline. I mean, WTF? Do stuff, and suddenly you have to go places with aliens randomly appearing in front of you. And there was no music. No music! And when I decided to play my own, I realised there were no subtitles either... And frequently there was just no indication of where you're supposed to go; you had to wander around for hours until something happened.

Sorry to rant, but really! I wasted ten quid on that!
Half-Life is not a bad game. It's not your type of game. Compared it to other games in it's time it was revolutionary. The grapichs was the only bad thing in the game.
Here are some new things in Half-Life:
- Ladders. I havn't seen any ladder before HL.
- Very complex levels and missions with many polygons and advanced entities.
- 15 weapons. 10 was standard in it's time.
- Nice models.
- Impressive AI. The soldier threw grenades at you if they couldn't reach you, they run away from you grenades, they blowed Laser Trip Mines by puting a grenade to it and then run.
- Controlable turrets.
- Other NPCs than enemies. Scientists and security guards. They talked to you and they moved their mouth when they did that. And you could make them follow you.
This is what I remember right now.

Don't know that to go in the game? Explore the facilities. There are not hard to figure out where to go. Do you want the levels totaly linear where you can only go in one direction?

Why aliens appears around you? Becouse the are teleported form the other dimension.

The story line and music I can't blame you about. I understand that people didn't like the lack of those things but HL was not supposed to be like that. You are just a scientist on the way to jour job and then something very unusual and dangerous happens and you have to go to the source of the problems.

One thing that actually is bad in HL is the aliens. They are supposed to be invasion troops but they are just animals. That was very stupid, but I liked the aliens very much anyway.

Half-Life took us to a new chapter in FPS games with everything except graphics. That was Unreal that did.

Level 23
It's not that I want a totally linear level; it's just that in several places I just know where to go. It doesn't matter if I missed the dialogue; there should have been subtitles or a goals/notes page or something. But you're right, it's not my kind of game. But what annoys me is that every review I've ever read about it said it was the best game ever; it's clearly not. And one thing these reviews did cite was the plot. What plot?! I suppose they just didn't do that kind of thing back then...

Level 21
i dont think we can blame half-life, it was really a great game. And about the graphism, when it had been released, best graphic's were Quake II's, and hl was using the same graphic engine.
HL really was more than an evolution, it was a revolution ! With counter and opposing force, they invented really nice things. Of course, when you play it now after Far Cry, doom3 or other phenomens (hl²^^), it appears bad, but it's not, because finally, if you look well, ALL the FPS uses the same gameplay and basicly storyline (very basicly) than hl1 :wink:
The worst game I've ever played ? Space Invaders (sarcasm).
No, really I don't know. Perhaps Tony Hawk's pro Skater 3 than a friend's allow me to test.. the only thing I found nice is the R.A.T.M music^^

Level 8
The game didn't scare me, not just a bit. I was totally diappointed. The game is based on some stupid triggers which appear in any level again and again. The only thing what makes it difficult is that most monsters have 120+ hitpoints and deal insanely much damage.

Level 21
I don't agree about doom3, it's perhaps one of the best games I ever played. And you should try it in the good conditions, not before midnight, sound very loud. The only problem is that to have PERFACT gaming experience, you must have a very expensive computer. Well, if it interests someone, I constructed mine myself, it cost me 600€ approximatively and I can run Doom3 in 1600x1200 with all graphic details at 'high' or 'ultra', except antialiasing. If someone wants the same just pm me and i'ld be able to help you.

Level 8
Well, how about that? Behind every second door there is a monster which pounces on you if you open the door (and you have to). After a while you know what will happen when the next door opens... all you have to do is to open the door and then quick step back. The monster pounces on you, but you're out of range and all you need to do is to kill it.

Another time I got stuck between several lost souls which were to stupid to kill me, but I couldn't move anymore and had to play the whole part again - and got stuck again, too :evil:

Level 12
I didn't like Doom III very much but it is not a bad game. The game is so boring becouse the eviourment is the same everywhere. I understand people that didn't like it, it was a bit boring. Another thing I didn't like was the huge use of bump mapping making up for the lack of polygons. I rather want to have lots of polygons than lots of bump mapping.
I think it was a bit scary at the beginning but not later. I was a bit dissapointed that all monsters was less dangerous that in the previous games, I mean they did so low damage with their attacks. Another think I didn't like was that there wasn't all monsters from Doom II. The left out Arachontron, Spider Master Mind, Baron of Hell and Pain Elemental. Instead they included some ugly boring monsters like the two-headed crawling thing and the babies.
Still I don't say it is a bad game. But it could definitly been more fun to play.

Level 21
that's true than it was very repetitive and some monsters was lacking (what does looks Pain elemental ? i dont remember). But it's very hard to find nice FPS now... Far Cry is perhaps the best of the moment with Half Life², which is still a short game.

Level 8
Indeed... Singleplayer FPS are rare right now. The best (multiplayer) FPS available right now is Battlefield 2, the next cool upcoming SP-FPS may be Quake 4 - hopefully it's better than Doom³ :roll:

Level 5
1. E.T. (Atari 2600): I played that piece of digital garbage for less than five minutes and I felt like my I.Q. dropped 10 points. Seriously, that's the game that ended up with a million copies buried in a New Mexico and is blamed for nearly destroying the video game industry (its used as the scape goat although the term "straw that broke the camel's back" is more accurate).
2. Sonic Labaranth (comes with Sonic Adventure DX and I know its misspelled): Basically take Sonic and put him in a game that takes away everything that's fun about the series.
3. Mega Man 6 (NES): I've been a fan of the Mega Man series since MM2 came out and I can say that this game is the worst game in the entire Mega Man franchise that I've ever played.
-Most overrated games.
1. Donkey Kong Country: Basically an above average platform with top notch (at the time) graphics.
2. Everquest: Really bad combat combined with a brutal learning curve. City of Heroes and WoW are much better MMPRPG games.
3. Halo 2: Sure its a good FPS, but its not the revolutionary game that people claim it is.
4. (note that this is merely the most overrated game in its represented franchise) Sonic Adventure 2: One third (speed stages) of the game was really cool, one third (mech stages) was decent but brainless, and the other third (treasure hunting) was utter garbage.

Level 23
If we're going to go down the road of poor sequels, then I will cite Deus Ex: Invisible War. I mean, in itself, it's only an average game, not the worst. But, taken as the sequel to what might possibly be one of the greatest games ever, it is the biggest load of codswallop you've ever seen. The story was pretty poor, and for all the multiple endings, not one was more appealing than the others; non of the characters made you like them, the ideas were all a bit evil or disturbing... It was short too. It seems they wasted all their time making fancy shadows there were completely unnecessary and ate the computer anyway...

Level 13
I have to agree with Rao Dao Zao. Some weeks ago I played Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War. I love Deus Ex, but I was very disappointed by Invisible War. They removed the ability-system, created this stupid universal ammo, translation has multiple mistakes,...to shorten this, they simply removed everything that made Deus Ex a great game.

Oh yeah, and the graphics simply sucked, imo even Deus Ex 1 was looking better :roll:

Level 3
runescape i used too play it i got bord of it. i know some 1 who pays to play it. i play as a free player.
but id have to say 1 of the many pethedic barbie games i almost ahd to take theripy after that omfg."ecuse me".i still cring at the thought.y did i play because i was half asleep and thought it was runescape lol thats how girly it is.im 13. and it was addicted to runescape. the only thing that got me off it was wc3 the holy saveyer i was waiting for since wc2 i was waiting 3 years for it.wats hte deal with half life wats the comotion ove i never liked the 1st 1. how and then theres madagestcar for gba its to short lacks efort and creativity. im going to get wow ill pay for like a half of a year and on christmass ill get like anthoer half year then ill work and pay anthoer half year. when i get it any 1 that will help me plz give your name of your guy."note im going to be a troll warrior.

Cossacks comes to my mind. After searching for years for a 0.01% of the games where can you use flintlock muskets and shoot cannonballs (ignoring all-age games like Empire Earth), you get a huge disappointment. Dumb map exploring, awful terrain, low-detail units (even requiring 1024x860 res), and very quick battles even with 1000 units per side. Do not mention two 'best things': riflemen could not fire at close range (close range? 5 meters is close range?) and capturing buildings and even peasants only passing them near.
The campaigns were unplayable because it was not possible to advance on levels even when you met victory condition.
But tragedy continues in one of 0.0001% of WW1 games Entente:ww1 battlefields which used the same engine. Fortunately I did not play the game, but it has still buried all hopes to play on WW1 battlegrounds.

I hope that Age of Empires 3 will be better.

Level 5
Daminon said:
Rao Dao Zao said:

I had read rave reviews of it for ages, I was really excited that I had finally managed to get what was apparently the best game ever. How wrong could they be???...
Here are some new things in Half-Life:
- Ladders. I havn't seen any ladder before HL.

Play Half Life 2 and you'll admire HL1!

Everyone said HL2 is the best game ever and stuff, so idecided to get it and play, but i think HL1's storyline was even interesting compared to the sequel. Honestly HL2 isn't the worst game i've ever played, but it's truly the most overrated. I almost fell asleep playing it,so in my opinion it's far from the "best game ever created".

Ladders were "invented" in quake 2 i think 2 years befor HL1.

About the worst game: i think it's C&C2: Tiberian Sun
the story isn't that bad, but the ballance IS really bad. Releasing such a game after a title like Starcraft is really a shame.
The NOD was really easy to play with those extremely overpowered artilleries and subterrainean APC-s (it's nice when 5 engineers pop up out of nowhere and sell your entire base..), not to mention the building invisibility stuff (stealth generator or something). In the expansion they nerfed the artilleries to the point that they were quite useless, and even give artilleries to the GDI, but they gave the NOD those horrible spieder things that are really the most imba thing ever made in RTS not to mention mobile invisibility generators.

Level 22
but they gave the NOD those horrible spieder things that are really the most imba thing ever made in RTS

Then I wonder if you ever played C&C: Yuri's Revenge. Most imba things? the masterminds. Could literally single-handedly mind control your enemy's entire army. It wasnt as much of a problem for the allies, but for the soviets, they had almost no defense against it.
-VGsatomi

Level 5
VGsatomi said:
but they gave the NOD those horrible spieder things that are really the most imba thing ever made in RTS

Then I wonder if you ever played C&C: Yuri's Revenge. Most imba things? the masterminds. Could literally single-handedly mind control your enemy's entire army. It wasnt as much of a problem for the allies, but for the soviets, they had almost no defense against it.
-VGsatomi

But they started taking damage when they mindcontrolled 5 units i think! Ever tried rushing a yuri base with conscripts? :)

Level 7
The worst game ive ever played was Opposing Force! It was a big stupid game wih aliens! How scary!!! Im sooooooo scared! It was so silly & it sucks! The doctors there are soo funny that i was laughin!

Level 22
But they started taking damage when they mindcontrolled 5 units i think! Ever tried rushing a yuri base with conscripts?

Ever put 1 gattling cannon or 1 gattling tank or 1 small group of virus snipers to stop them?

Yes, the masterminds do take damage, but its too slow to kill them before the opposing players is utterly screwed. And most yuri players use enouph masterminds to divvy up the mind controls. One gattling tank can stop en endless horde of terror drones and ore minders/seige choppers simply dont do enouph damage....asides from that, the soviets dont have any non-mind controllable stuff to use....which of course = pwn3d
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.