• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worst game you have ever played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
well to add to some of the exciting things of what to come, I saw an E3 vid of an upcoming game, build on an ever improved version of the UT-engine - graphics are mad lemme just say that right away - now what is particular interesting is that the game is a FPSRPG - in the best sence of the combination! (although still in the test process they are apparently considering the possibility of third person mope) it features a 3D envirement with excessively detailed maplayouts that changes from game to game like it did in Diablo (remember - 3D and FPS) - and even more so, weapons are custimizeable to a very large extend AND it features role playing classes (like a "Templar" is supposedly something simmilar to a "Monk" of D1) - it takes place in near future London, and is a demoncomesandinfeststheworld game, with multiplayer - I am looking forward to it, but I'll be damned if I can remember what the shit the name of it was - obviously I could update as soon I figure out - a friend of mine still has the vid laying on his com

As for worst game ever played - Tiberian Sun or Wheel of Time - was just boring

Level 5
-I agree about the balance problem of Master Minds vs Soviet faction. I played as Allies and from my experiences, the Yuri faction (unless they got air) had problems against mass prism tanks. IIRC, their range was longer than the range of mind control and the Yuri faction typically had lighter armored units than the other groups.
-Although C&C Generals was pretty well balanced, I must still ask what was the best defense GLA has against a Paladin/Path Finder strategy?
-Regardless, C&C 2 IMO was one of the most poorly balanced RTS games I ever played.

Level 22
@ metal. Buggies and quads. lots of them. Have some scorps there just as meat shields to stall the tanks, too. The problem is if they have a lot of avengers....but that costs an arm and a leg and are easy to pick of with quads (quads build very fast and are relatively cheap, so keep feeding them to the front). One those are dead, buggies will reign hell on tanks. At that point your only real bet would be to overwhelm one unit at a time. Buggies have the manuevarability to stay out of the range of tanks. Alwyas have spare quads to shoot down planes, when your opponent inevitably uses them.

Depending if you have time and cash, you could also throw in a battle bus to circle pick off any seige/tamahawks that have in the rear.
-VGsatomi

Level 12
Pyrodactyl said:
Play Half Life 2 and you'll admire HL1!

Everyone said HL2 is the best game ever and stuff, so idecided to get it and play, but i think HL1's storyline was even interesting compared to the sequel. Honestly HL2 isn't the worst game i've ever played, but it's truly the most overrated. I almost fell asleep playing it,so in my opinion it's far from the "best game ever created".

Ladders were "invented" in quake 2 i think 2 years befor HL1.

I forgot that Quake II had laders.

I totaly agree with the over rating of HL 2. I liked HL very much but I was extreamly dissapointed with HL 2. The onöy thing I liked in the game was some of the new types of head crabs and zombies. I can't understand how people can call it the best game.

About Tiberian Sun. I liked the game very much but it's true about there were imbalanded and ugly things. Remeber the craters caused by the artillery? Blowing big holes in your base so you couldn't build there any more. Very annoying. And GDI's arltillery unit Juggernought. The most ungle thing in the whole game. A really weak tripple barreled cannon on 2 legs of a Titan. Not to mention the poor graphics of the infantry units. They all looked cartoony, not to mention the Cyborgs.
Did you notice that the Reaper (spider cyborg) had a bit bugged attacks? It had 2 dual missile launchers and some times one of them could target your own units! And Ion Cannon vs. Cluster Missle and Chemeical Missile, hmm very balanced, not. The Ion Cannon has never been effective. It can destroy a single unit, some buildings but the Cluster Missile dealed destruction to you whole base and left a cluster of craters.
However, one thing that I think added balance to the game was GDI's new RPG towers. Their Adv. Guard Tower in C&C was supposed to be anti-veichle but it God to that at all! It was good against infantry. Thank good they fixed that.
About the Stealth Generators, yes very funny when you are going to assault the enemy and they have invisible Laser Fences that blocks your way. And then Obelisks shoots at you. That was annoying.
And even if I loved the idea of tiberium mutated life forms I can't understand why they should to so increaible damage. Those boar like bests did heavy damage to both veichles and infantry. Same for the Floater. That wasn't right. Still I liked the game.
I wait for its' sequel Tiberian Twilight.

Abouth Red Alert 2. I didn't like it very much. The graphics was to bad and building was destroyed in just a few secounds. Walls was just waste of resources (unlike in Tiberian Sun with the toughest walls ever in the C&C series.)
I like the futuristic C&C concept better than Red Alert.

About C&C Generals. I liked that game but the lack of story and the some famous cinematic sequeces was boring. Otherwise it was a pretty good game. But I think USA was a bit stronger that the others. I liked to use the nuke tanks for defense.

Doodi said:
The worst game ive ever played was Opposing Force! It was a big stupid game wih aliens! How scary!!! Im sooooooo scared! It was so silly & it sucks! The doctors there are soo funny that i was laughin!
You didn't like Half-Life either? Opposing Force is not a stupid game. Actually it was my dream that come true. To play as one the super cool soldiers from Half-Life and be on the same side as the scientists. Something that was annyoing in the games was that they couldn't spare the player from the ninja soldiers so they decided that they and the soliders were enemies. I just hated those female assassins. I liked the new alines and the alien weapons that you could use yourself. And those alines was not scary if you hade played Half-Life lots of times before.

Level 5
@VGsatomi: yeah virus snipers are quite a threat to conscripts, but i think gattlings are ineffective againist them. A pillbox or a russian sentry killed an infantry about 3 times faster, and i dont think even those were great threats to legions of conscripts. When i played the campaign i almost never used any units but conscripts (and some miners.. for attacking! they cannot be mind controlled and are tough :) )with russians. Well at least 3/4 of them died, but the base was destroyed finally. And russians can use v3 rocket to divert the attention of gattlings (honestly it's the only thing they're good for :) ). However i do agree that mastermind is imba. As well as prism tanks :) .

@Daminon: yeah i forgot about the superweapons :) Cluster Missile was almost always a sure building kill, but Ion Cannon was almost never. Not to mention that you did not know where to shoot it cause the buildings were invisible :)
Well the story wasn't bad, but i think TS did not add much to the storyline, it's the base story that was good (C&C1). However i'm also curious about the sequel (if it will ever be made).
The terrain deformation was a good thing, but it had nothing to do with strategy (for example you wasn't able to destroy cliffs to make a ramp or something).

Level 21
well to add to some of the exciting things of what to come, I saw an E3 vid of an upcoming game, build on an ever improved version of the UT-engine - graphics are mad lemme just say that right away - now what is particular interesting is that the game is a FPSRPG - in the best sence of the combination! (although still in the test process they are apparently considering the possibility of third person mope) it features a 3D envirement with excessively detailed maplayouts that changes from game to game like it did in Diablo (remember - 3D and FPS) - and even more so, weapons are custimizeable to a very large extend AND it features role playing classes (like a "Templar" is supposedly something simmilar to a "Monk" of D1) - it takes place in near future London, and is a demoncomesandinfeststheworld game, with multiplayer - I am looking forward to it, but I'll be damned if I can remember what the **** the name of it was -

Hellgate : London
from Bill Roper (=diablo 2, warcarft 3, etc...) :wink:

looks freakin awesome, i agree^^
I also wait F.E.A.R, i have the demo and it is... omg... very bloody, and MORE more more scary than Doom3.

worst game , i dont play game I dont like, and except THPS3 as I said before, i dont see more... i have a bad remember of Whacky Wheels, but it's perhaps cause i loose everytime^^

Level 22
but i think gattlings are ineffective againist them. A pillbox or a russian sentry killed an infantry about 3 times faster

Are you nuts?? They dont have a cooldown and they do a significant amount of damage far unlike the sentry and pillbox....even 1 gatting TANK can hold off a large number of conscripts....turrets are even more effective because they can be repaired...and once they are revved up (which happens easily when fighting infantry) the can shred light armor, too. Even a group of bedded-down GI's dont stand a chance against a gattling turret. Thats one thing I dont really like about ra2/yr....infantry are so usless and obsolete....with the navy seals, vurus snipers....its pointless to even build them....except against the soviets, of course...they are weak against everything.

Level 5
VGsatomi said:
but i think gattlings are ineffective againist them. A pillbox or a russian sentry killed an infantry about 3 times faster

Are you nuts?? They dont have a cooldown and they do a significant amount of damage far unlike the sentry and pillbox....even 1 gatting TANK can hold off a large number of conscripts....turrets are even more effective because they can be repaired...and once they are revved up (which happens easily when fighting infantry) the can shred light armor, too. Even a group of bedded-down GI's dont stand a chance against a gattling turret. Thats one thing I dont really like about ra2/yr....infantry are so usless and obsolete....with the navy seals, vurus snipers....its pointless to even build them....except against the soviets, of course...they are weak against everything.

Perhaps you play with a newer patch... Or i don't remember well... but anyway conscripts can prone (unlike GI's when they lay down their sndbags), that makes them i think take only 0.5 times damage, and Gattling uses a warhead that is not effective againist infantry (6 conscripts > 1 gattling tower). Gattling tanks shoot even weaker bullets, and it takes an hour to spin them up (they are long dead in a concentrated fire of 40+ conscripts), however i do agree that russians have no chance when the skills of the two players are even. Oh and gattlings do have cooldown: look at the smoke on the target: when the gattling is in the first stage of their speed, it only appears every 2 seconds, however the shooting anim is continous.

But it can be that i use an older patch (coz i only play on lan), and they improved gattling in a newer one (and i havent played it for a long while now)
/OFF

Many of you mentioned Doom3: well it wasn't that bad as many people say, it was just not nearly as good as Doom2. I was very disappointed when the Hell part of it turned out to be so short. That was the best in it, and going back to the laboratories wasn't too much fun... And anyway there were too few monsters, and most of them were too weak ones (zombies did not harm me at all, and Mancubus and Arch Vile was a joke compared to Doom2). However i think doom2 is still so good, i play that game even nowadays.

Level 5
VGsatomi said:
@Pyrodactyl

Easiest way to solve this: play me at YR...send 40 conscripts at my gattling turret and see what happens :wink:

And all the patch did was fix some bugs, adjusted some build times and lowered the price on the seige chopper.
-VGsatomi

Not that i would not play you gladly, but i said i haven't played for a while, and also i don't know where my CD is, and even if i knew, well let's just say it's not from a computer store :)

But try it in campaign or aginist a friend, and see if i'm wrong or not (but if i remember well i could charge a yuri base that had psi towers and gattlings and some infantry protection with a good bunch of conscripts and 2 v3 rocket for extra gattling targets.

Level 2
Runescape. You'ld have to play it grindingly and without any fun for half a year only to find out level 35 *STILL* wasn't enough to do anything but grind, grind, grind. All the battles are as repetitive as hell, nothings ever different. Just click and make sure to run away if your going to die, nothing else, the entire gane. Not even PvP has any semblance of success based on actual player skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.