1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Worst game you have ever played?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Frostbiter, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I would say ps2 chaos legion. That game really sucks. Not bad models but sucks.

2. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Half-Life is not a bad game. It's not your type of game. Compared it to other games in it's time it was revolutionary. The grapichs was the only bad thing in the game.
    Here are some new things in Half-Life:
    - Ladders. I havn't seen any ladder before HL.
    - Very complex levels and missions with many polygons and advanced entities.
    - 15 weapons. 10 was standard in it's time.
    - Nice models.
    - Impressive AI. The soldier threw grenades at you if they couldn't reach you, they run away from you grenades, they blowed Laser Trip Mines by puting a grenade to it and then run.
    - Controlable turrets.
    - Other NPCs than enemies. Scientists and security guards. They talked to you and they moved their mouth when they did that. And you could make them follow you.
    This is what I remember right now.

Don't know that to go in the game? Explore the facilities. There are not hard to figure out where to go. Do you want the levels totaly linear where you can only go in one direction?

Why aliens appears around you? Becouse the are teleported form the other dimension.

The story line and music I can't blame you about. I understand that people didn't like the lack of those things but HL was not supposed to be like that. You are just a scientist on the way to jour job and then something very unusual and dangerous happens and you have to go to the source of the problems.

One thing that actually is bad in HL is the aliens. They are supposed to be invasion troops but they are just animals. That was very stupid, but I liked the aliens very much anyway.

Half-Life took us to a new chapter in FPS games with everything except graphics. That was Unreal that did.

3. Rao Dao Zao

Rao Dao Zao

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's not that I want a totally linear level; it's just that in several places I just know where to go. It doesn't matter if I missed the dialogue; there should have been subtitles or a goals/notes page or something. But you're right, it's not my kind of game. But what annoys me is that every review I've ever read about it said it was the best game ever; it's clearly not. And one thing these reviews did cite was the plot. What plot?! I suppose they just didn't do that kind of thing back then...

4. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i dont think we can blame half-life, it was really a great game. And about the graphism, when it had been released, best graphic's were Quake II's, and hl was using the same graphic engine.
    HL really was more than an evolution, it was a revolution ! With counter and opposing force, they invented really nice things. Of course, when you play it now after Far Cry, doom3 or other phenomens (hl²^^), it appears bad, but it's not, because finally, if you look well, ALL the FPS uses the same gameplay and basicly storyline (very basicly) than hl1 :wink:
    The worst game I've ever played ? Space Invaders (sarcasm).
    No, really I don't know. Perhaps Tony Hawk's pro Skater 3 than a friend's allow me to test.. the only thing I found nice is the R.A.T.M music^^

5. Jive™

Jive™

Resources:
    Resources:
    Halo 2.

6. -Vindic@tor-

-Vindic@tor-

Resources:
    Resources:
    The worst game I played within the last year: Doom³

Worst game ever: dunno, I can't remember that I ever played such bad games :|

7. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Doom 3 is not that bad. Really scary at Night. But gets dull if u hav seen the suspense.

8. -Vindic@tor-

-Vindic@tor-

Resources:
    Resources:
    The game didn't scare me, not just a bit. I was totally diappointed. The game is based on some stupid triggers which appear in any level again and again. The only thing what makes it difficult is that most monsters have 120+ hitpoints and deal insanely much damage.

9. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I don't agree about doom3, it's perhaps one of the best games I ever played. And you should try it in the good conditions, not before midnight, sound very loud. The only problem is that to have PERFACT gaming experience, you must have a very expensive computer. Well, if it interests someone, I constructed mine myself, it cost me 600€ approximatively and I can run Doom3 in 1600x1200 with all graphic details at 'high' or 'ultra', except antialiasing. If someone wants the same just pm me and i'ld be able to help you.

10. -Vindic@tor-

-Vindic@tor-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, how about that? Behind every second door there is a monster which pounces on you if you open the door (and you have to). After a while you know what will happen when the next door opens... all you have to do is to open the door and then quick step back. The monster pounces on you, but you're out of range and all you need to do is to kill it.

Another time I got stuck between several lost souls which were to stupid to kill me, but I couldn't move anymore and had to play the whole part again - and got stuck again, too :evil:

11. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't like Doom III very much but it is not a bad game. The game is so boring becouse the eviourment is the same everywhere. I understand people that didn't like it, it was a bit boring. Another thing I didn't like was the huge use of bump mapping making up for the lack of polygons. I rather want to have lots of polygons than lots of bump mapping.
    I think it was a bit scary at the beginning but not later. I was a bit dissapointed that all monsters was less dangerous that in the previous games, I mean they did so low damage with their attacks. Another think I didn't like was that there wasn't all monsters from Doom II. The left out Arachontron, Spider Master Mind, Baron of Hell and Pain Elemental. Instead they included some ugly boring monsters like the two-headed crawling thing and the babies.
    Still I don't say it is a bad game. But it could definitly been more fun to play.

12. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    that's true than it was very repetitive and some monsters was lacking (what does looks Pain elemental ? i dont remember). But it's very hard to find nice FPS now... Far Cry is perhaps the best of the moment with Half Life², which is still a short game.

13. -Vindic@tor-

-Vindic@tor-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Indeed... Singleplayer FPS are rare right now. The best (multiplayer) FPS available right now is Battlefield 2, the next cool upcoming SP-FPS may be Quake 4 - hopefully it's better than Doom³ :roll:

14. N00byStance

N00byStance

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I like Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory :roll: The best, IMO.

15. Frostbiter

Frostbiter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Halo 2,
    One of the most over rated games ever! When I played it with a pal... I told him plain out, this game stinks.

16. DeadDogNoGoWoof

DeadDogNoGoWoof

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    O_O you are disturbed.

17. Frostbiter

Frostbiter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We all are in the inside... o_O

18. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol. I can see, look at your avatar ,looks like there gonna kiss!

19. -Vindic@tor-

-Vindic@tor-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah, I forgot... F.E.A.R. also seems to become an amazing game. And Halo 2 - well, I didn't play it :roll:

20. Frostbiter

Frostbiter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I just played Halo 2 again... I still think it's over rated... But it's ok...