• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worms Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
are you making the concrete donkey or any other mega weapons?
and what is waterproofed?
EDIT: 69 pages ^^
also how much(percent) is the map complete

Level 16
Ello, I liked the sound of this project so i made a banner, just for fun. ^^
Feel free to use.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.gif
    Untitled-1.gif
    45.3 KB · Views: 190
Level 10
...Long time no see eh? Sorry guys but I am back here to give life to this project. Now let's get to work. I will find the last uploaded map here and start working on anything I can. The map will be soon finished and I now place a two weeks deadline because i will go on holiday after two weeks from now. 28th June then for the Alpha Version to be finished. A schedule will be added with what must be done till the end of the map!

EDIT: We could use the banner as loading screen along with some worm images surrounding it!!! And it can also be used as the banner of the project but I havent got time for such details right now. We need to work on the map!

EDIT 2: I got the map from post #975 and I will now start making the rest of the armory and stuff. Dunno how much time it may take but probably about a day or a little more cause I am a little rusty after a month offline!

EDIT 3: The Satue was destined to be the building that must be destroyed guys, not the fountain of the teams but we can use some other model for the fountainf of life, I will just send you some models that I may like!

EDIT 4: Dunno what model to use for core of life any ideas guys or anyone who can make a custom wormish fountain?

Last edited:
Level 10
No Velm we need the statue as a great monument that if it is destroed the team loses. We need something else for fountain and I suggest a sheep statue standing on the back legs and holding a glass of wine in one of the front legs while the other will be pointing in the sky. This could be a funny fountain and with a few wisps running round the glass of wine it will be funny and spring like. Like it or not? Suggest something else if not!

Level 10
First of all I have some tasks:
Hunter you are making the necessary changes in the model and if you can make a sheep statue as I asked. Try asking Lord-T-Rex to help you if you need any help. Deadline: In 3 days time.
Velm find me the post where I said the ultimate armory skills for each commander. Deadline: 24 hours from now
Luthion you are going to work as soon as I make some skills and stuff, we will mae some custom abilites for items.
Lord-T-Rex work with Hunter.
What I have to do? Good question! I am making some more armory skills and I will start the ultimate skills as soon as possible. Many of them may be triggered. I will also find any bugs and problems.

Redmarine, I appreaciate your help and suggestions. I like to know what you guys think. I will keep what you said in mind and we will work these details when the map is almost finished. And about the blood you are 50% right. We shall not remove it but add a more cartoon like effect for it cause this one is too warcraftish! Thx for this idea!

SantaBla, I dont remember you in this thread. Are you new here? We like fresh meat! Haha!

Level 10
SantaBla I was asking if you are new to the thread not to the Hive (obviously you arent).
Hunter you have a 3 day deadline for the models and you MUST have them ready by then. I know I press hard these days but we must hurry cause we are developing this map for more than 2 months and people wanna see it finished.

Things to be done
FIRST STEP
1. Finish armory - Hawk and maybe some help from Luthion.
2. Create the rest of the skills - Hawk and Luthion for the triggering.
3. Make the bases and find buildings - Velm (find resources), Hwk (set the buildings in the bases), Velm again (make smoother tarrain in bases) and Luthion (to make some triggering).
SECOND STEP
1. Fix trigger bugs and make some little changes in some parts. - Luthion
2. Create the rest of the items and make their skills. - Hawk and Luthion (triggering abilites).
3. Make special events - whole team.
4. Find, choose, make and smooth loading screen - whole team probably
THIRD STEP
1. Trigger testing and fixing - Luthion
2. Object data testing and fixing - Hawk
3. Terrain testing and smoothing - Velm
4. UI smoothing - Hunter
5. Import manager and paths testing - Lord-T-rex
FOURTH STEP
1. Release Alpha Test - Testing Team
2. Make changes - whole makeing team
3. Release Beta Test or v1.00 if nothing new added.
Ok now the deadlines:
STEP ONE must be finished till next Friday!
STEP TWO must be finished till next Sunday!
STEP THREE has a two day deadline after STEP TWO is finished.
STEP FOUR starts right after STEP THREE.

Alpha Test will last two weeks (when I will be on holiday) and then come the other things we need to do in STEP FOUR.
So till mid-July the map will be finished and released.

Level 10
No problem i don't have anymore school, but i cant find a suitable place for team color, any ideas ?
Team color eh? Well I suggest a small label in the front part of the base that will have curved some small letters saying Worms 3D and the label will be team-colored. The fountain doesn't need to have team color. And also if it is possible try adding some more color to the statues like some vines or so to look more natural.

Level 10
Ok good now work the fountain. If you have another idea simpler and better than mine just make a model as you like. My idea is not the best but I think it is good enough!

EDIT: PLEASE READ!!!

I just found a magnificent spell pack that we can use:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/1403/
Just check it out. I think that Crush used by the Mountain King is very nice and could be used as kick of Chuck Norris.
The Implosion skill of the Dreadlord is good for the number of the beast if we add a floating text.
The Bloody Run of the Dreadlord is nice as the Potion of the Gauls.
Dark Torture used by the Blood Mage is good as Darth Vader's Power.
(These ultimates ideas were suggested in http://warcraft3creations.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=203 by me)
Ok now about the frost Sphere that is one more nice spell we can add it as a new ultimate: Kel'Thuzad's Wrath.
Boomerang will be in the armory only for one or two characters and with far less damage.

I will need Luthion to help me with these cause I suck in Jass. Hope we can make it. (Also I need your MSN Luthion - send me PM)
(The rest of the team send me their MSN as well)

Last edited:
Level 10
Velm thank you! I dunno what you can do right now Velmie, but I suggest making some images for skills:
Spinning kick of Chuck Norris
Number of the Beast (just an icon showing 666 with bloody letters)
Potion of the Gauls (the helmet of Asterix with a lightning in the background)

These are the ones we need for now. Just 2 days deadline (today and tomorrow). Get started!

Level 10
Good job Velm! You are ahead of schedule so you can rest except if you could make us a loading screen (high quality{4 parts} - I will lower its filesize somehow).
I suggest the banner as the main part of the loading screen, a black background and some worm images with black font all round (just open the worm model in the model editor and take some screenshots of animations with black background - bazooka and shotgun at least) Also you can add images of the old woman and some other models scattered all round the image. The text appearing on the loading screen is my part. Just make this loading screen it will be much better than anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.