• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worldcup of Warcraft 7.20

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Warning
This map is outdated. For newer versions, check this page: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/fifa-world-cup-2014-a-81360/
----- Description -----

This is a tactical soccer map for Warcraft 3. You can use various abilities - pass, shoot, jump, tackle and even dribble! Each player controls a peasant or a peon, all with the same set of abilities.

----- Physics & Models -----

This game features an excellently modeled ball with realistic physics. It can fly at different heights, as well as bounce off different barriers (posts, crossbars).

----- Features -----

- Four main abilities: Pass (Z), Shoot (X), Long Pass (C), Jump (V)
- Hotkey Combinations (mainly for shooting): V+X, V+Z
- Tackles, dribbling, feints, headers, combos, blocking - just like in real soccer!
- AI keepers

----- Recommendations -----

Use a latency reducer to play this map, otherwise delay and lag are too annoying. Me and my friends use Garena.
Optimal number of players is 2v2 - 4v4. For me the best is 2v2, where teamplay and dribbling are equally important (in 3v3 teamplay > dribbling).

----- Gameplay Tips -----

- Remember, passing is your friend! Use C for long passes (due to high range), Z for short.
- For shots, use V+X, and V+Z. It may be hard at first, but once you get familiar with these combinations, they become easy to use.
- When you shoot, always aim at an open part of the goal, so that keeper won't be able to block the shot.
- Use this powerful combination from real soccer: One player makes a cross (C hotkey) to penalty box, while his teammate jumps (V) and heads this ball.
- When you have the ball, your movement speed decreases greatly. To avoid this, once you get the ball, make a straight pass to your teammate or take a touch ahead with X hotkey.

----- Where to find players to play this map with -----
There's an active community and clan devoted to soccer (@ Northrend). I'm a shaman in this clan KICK.
So we usually gather in Garena Europe Football Room in the evenings. Be sure to check it out if you're interested to see how real games go. New players are always welcome in the community.

We also play Tournaments. For more info check the links.

~~~ Support ~~~
If you like this map, please support us. You can do this by:
1. Playing this map with us (contact info above)
2. Participating in the tournaments.

~~~ Gameplay ~~~
If you're still here, and eager to learn to play - browse Beginners guide.

~~~ Links ~~~
Official forum
Video coverage (from July 2009 games)

----- Changes in 7.20 -----
☆ [7.12] Changed heading cooldown from 2sec to 3
☆ [7.12] 5v5 is now maximum
☆ [7.12] Host can now make a game with referees/observers
☆ [7.12] One zoom out is made automatically at the start
☆ [7.12] Fixed bug when just after a goal has been scored the other team also gains access to the ball when it isn't their goal kick.
☆ [7.14] Fixed bug when the game ended after a goal was scored from throw-in, corner or kick-off. Now these goals do not count.
☆ [7.14] The match now starts automatically after 15 seconds - those who didn't vote are thought to have voted 10 min
☆ [7.14] The referee, linesmen and keepers are now unclickable
☆ [7.15] C goals are not counted if you type -noc in the start
☆ [7.15] Reduced goal counting height from 270 to 230 (230 is the crossbar edge height)
☆ [7.20 beta 1] Added command -obs to become observer
☆ [7.20 beta 1] In case of draw match continues until golden goal
☆ [7.20 beta 1] Main control triggers greatly optimised
☆ [7.20 beta 1] Fixed bug when just after a goal has been scored you can't touch the ball for several seconds
☆ [7.20 beta 4] Fixed bug when you could gain other team's ball from goal kick, corner or throw-in if you were close enough to the ball
☆ [7.20 beta 4] Fixed bug when keeper throws go in random (weird) directions
☆ [7.20 beta 4] Fixed bug when peasant/peon is created for a player that left the game before voting was finished

Keywords:
sports, sport, sports map, football, soccer, warcraft, worldcup of warcraft, world cup of warcraft, warcraft soccer, warcraft football, clan KICK
Contents

Worldcup of Warcraft 7.20 (Map)

Reviews
13:55, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 5
This has existed since the map was coded back in 2003. Everyone i know uses these high jumps :grin: I dont think there's a way we remove them

yeah, I know it was in the original too. since that played in version which had fixed this, while u used heading the other skills was cooldowned too. However I dont know which version was it, but it much better without that.D

Level 5
no, time. (and wouldnt play head bugy versions, without that bug its much more team play...)
however which server do u play on?
Northrend. But we play in Garena of course, Europe RPG room 08.
If you mean that people are likely to dribble with v+x and v+z, you're wrong. Dribbling can be easily countered if you know the ways. V+x and v+z are also used for passing, not only shooting/dribbling.
It really depends on who you are playing with - pros or beginners. With pros u will need a lot of teamplay, but not only that, also dribbling, positioning and related stuff. Generally it's called thinking ;)

Anachron said:
Some stuff is neat, some is really awful.
Like what?

Well, the gameplay is alright. But you should add a camera that locks onto your currently selected unit and have an ability (e.g "Select" Hotkey-s) that automatically selects a closer player for you. Also, the map is really tiny. You should make the field alot larger because when I try to shoot, the other goalie just picks up the ball and chucks it all the way across the field (so much bouncing)! Anyways, is still pretty nice. Keep up the good work.

Level 11
It's reviewing time... prepare to face judgement.

Bad Points
-AI is broken when it won't pass the ball after it cross the line.

-Full House is probably gonna mess up badly (tried 2 on 2, 1 player + 1 AI each team and it was already hard enough to goal.)

Neutral Points
-No latin commentator saying GOOOOALLLLL!

-Actually need to setup with some music since Warcraft 3 music doesn't really match with a soccer game.

-Might need a Latency Reducer to function properly

Good Points
+ The system works fine (kick, dribble, heading etc etc...)

+There's a AI in it (not a smart one but still)

+Pandas as referrences are awsome.

+The rules of soccer applies well in this

+Choose how many minutes before the half.

+Easy Learning

+Useful Tips in the Quest menu

+Low File size

For now I think this map is good for actual soccer fans but not for those who don't like it. Giving this a 3/5.

Level 2
WAAAAAAAA! THIS IS MY MAP!

I am the original creator of this map XD
I completeyl didnt know that there's a people who still playing!

I'm really really really impressed! Thank you for playing:)

Btw, If you need to remake (to fix probs, add any futures, etc), I'm ready to do for the sake of you guys who loves my map! Please contact me by e-mail : )

Level 5
WAAAAAAAA! THIS IS MY MAP!

I am the original creator of this map XD
I completeyl didnt know that there's a people who still playing!

I'm really really really impressed! Thank you for playing:)

Btw, If you need to remake (to fix probs, add any futures, etc), I'm ready to do for the sake of you guys who loves my map! Please contact me by e-mail : )

Ohh pentapod we've been searching you for ages (if that's really you).
Just visit the forum and reveal yourself there. http://w3soccer.forumer.com
Contact me somehow.
There's a clan with 30 players in Northrend and about 5 soccer clan in Korea.
Overall Europe has ~50 soccer (active) players.

PS. If you could help us with map editing it would be soooo nice. Because we are struggling right there. I'm really looking forward to getting in contact with u and i guess so do other players!

Last edited:
Level 5
wow this map is still being worked on? I loved the old versions which i already give a 5/5, i am totally excited to try this much newer updated version :)))