• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worldcup of Warcraft!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Recently, I downloaded a map from Epic War entitled Worldcup. We can play with AI, and we have the actions such as Passing, Sliding, High Kick.......
I like it:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:! But the only I don't enjoy is the speed. The speed of the game is just like slow motion, but still interesting. We can download it from http://www.epicwar.com/maps/34060/
If anyone of you have another better football map, please recommend it to me. And I will enjoy it!

:infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:

Level 5
hi, i am the one who posted this map to epicwar :)
this version of the map was created in the very end of 2006 by in_bloom (from europe) but as u know the original version was made by japanese creators in 2003-04.
i'm really glad someone downloaded and enjoyed the map, since i am a great fan of this map, but in europe there're ~10 top level players (there's a community but noone knows about it :( ). And the level of the players in battle.net is very low... Most of them know nothing but C goal (and that's nothing).

2gan_ws. u say that the speed is slow. Did u choose proper stats? i mean, if u choose 10 str u will be much slower than if u choose 10 agility. in pro games i've only seen ppl taking 10 agility, since u can do really much with it. 10 str is taken for fun mostly :D

also, i wanted to mention that players who play this map for the 1st time make a common mistake - they think there're only these 4 actions (z -pass x - shoot, c,v) but i want to persuade u there's much more(try to make v+z for example). For example, this is the link to goal types classification from this map community site:
http://www.cymil.dk/kick/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=7&thread_id=5

In short, the game consists of defending/attacking, dribbling, players interaction, goal types etc. These are united by the 4 keys - z x c v, sometimes d key also :)

If anyone of you has any questions about the map/gameplay, i'd be really glad to answer them. Also, if u want i can give some replays of the pro european players.

Level 5
To Jacek: Yes, exactly, the goalkeeper of peon team is mountain giant and
the goalkeeper of peasant team is siege golem.

To morganxl :
I'm glad that you tell me everything. Maybe you misunderstood my comment on the speed. I mean the speed of the ball moving, it's quite slow. So, if you set the speed of the ball faster, so the movement speeds of the goalkeepers must be faster. Beside the players' running speed is okay, and I always learn 10 agility! If there is a latest version of that map, can u please inform me, I will be glad of hearing that! Anyway, thanks for your map.Please reply me if possible.

Level 5
well i have played this map so much that to me the speed of the ball is just 'normal', not slow or fast :)
hm u want to know about the versions?
1.0-1.2 versions were made by pentapod from japan, they are actually not played now, since they differ much from versions that are played now. 1.2 is probably the most promoted version of worldcup ever, cause if u write 'worldcup of warcraft' in google, it will always find sites that have 1.2 version. but it sux cause it has awful z bug (u can use z key for pass only once in the game).
now the most playable versions are 1.41 and Rc3. rc3 is the latest good version imo, and the most playable among pros now.

ok do u want some good pro replays of worldcup ?? i attached one, if u want more just tell me :)

Attachments

• usb against others.w3g
    330.8 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.