• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
World of Warcraft!

A World of Warcraft map...why?
I play World of Warcraft from time to time and enjoy raiding very much.

As such, one map on warcraft 3 keeps me coming back for more, it is a map called WoW: Molten Core.

I like this map so much, that I've decided to make one similar to it, but hopefully my map will not have the flaws that also inspired me to make a better, more enjoyable map.

Oddly enough, the map will be named World of Warcraft.

Who's Working on this project?
Me, x-boxedin and matt1965

We are both on USWest, under those names.

What's it gonna be like?

The map will start you out in Elwynn Forest.

You will be able to pick from any race, and any class you want(This means Horde and Alliance will be working together.)

It will be similar to The Burning Crusade, meaning that you can pick Dranei Shaman and Blood Elf Paladins.

As you level up, each level gives you a small, but over time, significant boost to your stats.

Lower level dungeons will be very simple, and small. A few will be Scarlet Monastery, Scholomance, and UBRS.

The raiding dungeons, which will require most if not all of the players, will include Blackwing Lair, Naxxramas, and possibly Molten Core. Each boss will be fine tuned to seem almost exactly like the real experience.

There will be a save/load system for this map, so you can carry your character over to the next game you play.

This seems like a big project...Won't it be a bit TOO large?

The answer to that is simply, no.

The reason I think this is possible, and so much content can be fit into one map, is because it can. matt1965 has a friend that has made a system where you can have no limitations, except for a few things.

The system makes use of the warcraft 3 directory, where the terrain, models, and other things of my map will be stored. Leaving only a few things such as triggers to limit the size of my map.

You will have to download the system to play my map.

This project will be a very large one and will take a very long time to finish, we may need help on it, so if you are interested, and specialize in certain parts of the editor that we need help in, I may just ask for you help on this map.

Level 2
I'm currently trying to decide between a few things...

One of them is whether or not to make this map the way I originally stated.
I think I will keep my current idea or make two seperate maps for Blackwing Lair and Naxxramas.

If I do this, I would want to make it so that you can load characters from BWL into Naxx, and Naxx into BWL.

If anyones actually still watching this thread, I need some feedback.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.