• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Video Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Moderator Message
This thread contained links to YouTube video tutorials. However, the videos were removed for violation of the terms of use. For that reason this thread has been unstuck on the 8th July 2008. We're sorry if your contributions or expectations were in vain.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
Now these are useful! This should definantly be stickied to cut down on people asking such simple questions again and again!
Havnt had time to look at them but im sure they're just what people need!

Level 2
Gah!

Im helpless... All the way to this moment i foud this, ive just been erasing the
"war3mapImported\" from the file path. Which actually means that not all of the models have allways worked. Now i tried getting a custom model i couln't get, and a model i had succesfully imported using the aid the video gave.

Now both of them won't work, was it the way the video showd or was it just by erasing the "war3mapImported\"...

Getting a bit frustrated.

Level 2
That Model Importing video is great, but there's just this one thing i still do not understand. According to my experiences with importing, you just need to remove the "War3map|imported\" from the path, it works if it wills.
Even by trying excactly according to the video, the model still isn't shown in the map. Im really getting desperate after these 4 years with many model failures...

Level 5
That Model Importing video is great, but there's just this one thing i still do not understand. According to my experiences with importing, you just need to remove the "War3map|imported\" from the path, it works if it wills.
Even by trying excactly according to the video, the model still isn't shown in the map. Im really getting desperate after these 4 years with many model failures...

Make a thread about it, and post some screenshots about it. I could help. I did a TON of importing on my map =o.

Level 3
How do we do the minimap preview withouht photoshop?

Counter strike spell owned though =D

Last edited:
Level 2
I Didn't Know that Ability is so hard to make But thank you auyimilove THANKYOU very much im so glad i finally maded the registeration to this site.:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 12
Wow WOW

Those are pretty much, the most useful tutorials I have seen on this site

All the other stuff you could fairly easily learn on your own, but the icons and such are not something you can just look at and say, "hey I can put that in my map!"

Thank you mostly for the loading screen tutorial

I watched your CounterStrike spell tutorial, and when I was watching it I though maybe you should've triggered it to run on the "damage taken" event, but now that I see it, I think the "Unit Attacked" works much better, and looks great :thumbs_up:

Level 6
erm... for the icon making tutorial i did it except using a different icon and name (Rifle instead of Sunset dew) but the green icon thing still appears. E.g. when u click menu and the menu screen comes up but suddenly the icon on ottom right turns into a green square. Any way around the green squareness?

Great tutorials too!

Level 7
Is there any possible way to put the videos back up please? I need help with attachment points, but so every tutorial I've read isn't helping me, however the videos showed me how to do them better and helped alot more, but now, I have forgotten how to use them and without this video I cannot do them...

One reason by the by is that when I load the map with the attachment, I get an error...

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to figure out why on my own (was the model's fault). Still though, it helpful for those whom do not know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.