1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] Ask Tutorials in Warcraft III!

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Wardota2 Gamer, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Wardota2 Gamer

Wardota2 Gamer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ask Tutorials in Warcraft III !

Welcome to Ask Tutorials in Warcraft III! So in this thread I am going to be teaching you guys tutorials about triggering in Warcraft III: How to trigger, how to import and more! I have a lot to teach you guys if you are willing to learn Warcraft III Editing - and if you have zero experience with the World Editor, a tool that is older than I am!
    It's simple, you can tell me what you want to learn in Warcraft III World Editor and I will teach you how to do it in a YouTube video on my channel! So that you can easily understand and so that I can generate views.

Ask me and don't be scared! Just tell me what you wanna learn and I will teach you how to..... and get money from YT for explaining stuff that already has plenty of tutorials both on YT and on Hive!

Activity: I am only online during the weekend.

About

This thread is about teaching you the important things in Warcraft III Editing and even more.The purpose of this thread is to let you explore the World of Editing in Warcraft III's World Editor. Teaching you everything you want to know. Just ask me and I will tell you everything you wanna know - if I know it or after I looked up tutorials myself.

Note: Only ask for Warcraft III World Editor Questions because I do not want to be trolled!!!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  2. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh knowing oracle: What is the whole semantics of .w3s files? (A lot of the fields are still unknown here)

3. Wardota2 Gamer

Wardota2 Gamer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I can't possibly say all of the semantics because there are a lot of them,it's too complicated and I also forgot some of them and well you already know it, Im still busy in SCHOOL.

4. San

San

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    When will the Second Undead Book of Arkain be released?

5. Wardota2 Gamer

Wardota2 Gamer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Seriously dude?

6. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Fixed a few things for you.

7. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What is the external data source in >Scenario >Map Preferences/Presettings used for?

8. Nowow

Nowow

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Tell me wise master: how can I split an AI script to regard different towns as different entities with only one captain widget of each type?

9. Wardota2 Gamer

Wardota2 Gamer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the fix @Shar Dundred! Totally needed it!

10. San

San

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    man are you trolling us

11. Wardota2 Gamer

Wardota2 Gamer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No i am not trolling you guys.... As you can see I only know Triggering and Important stuff that bigginers need to know in Warcraft III's World Editor, You can't simply say like when will be the next Update of other people campgains be released because I am not part of the project tell me Warcraft III World Editor stuff that I can make a video with in Youtube for you guys to know. Note that I will also be Hosting Hiveworkshop in the process to gain more and more people in the community.....

12. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But that's what the whole World Editor Help Zone is about, posting questions, this is making an inception out of things. Here's a suggestion: when a new topic is make in the
    World Editor Help Zone that you find interesting, make a video on it and post it as a reply, if there's already a reply then make sure the video adds something more to the topic. And please don't make us travel back in time with those Tutorials made with a notepad and copyright free music from 2002 that's blasting full volume, the tutorials for warcraft 3 on YT are poor enough as it is.

13. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    How can i import/export object editor data from one map to another?

14. Wardota2 Gamer

Wardota2 Gamer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That I can answer don't worry I will post a video of that tomorrow! Just tune in!:D:goblin_yeah:

15. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Or you could just write a one-liner now.

16. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1. Your English is bad.
    2. Your knowledge is probably subpar.
    3. Video "lessons" are much worse than well sourced textual explanations.
    4. Coupled with #1, your videos will have bad English as well
    5. We already have forums with thousands of threads that pertain to specific questions, so it's actually hard for you to create a video that's more informative than what we already have
    6. I don't understand the motivation of trying to get views for videos for a basically 15 year old dead game, if you want that, make videos about Fortnite or something
    7. Creating unstructured videos will not even be helpful in the end, since unstructured (but helpful and searchable) information already exists in thousands of threads on THW, and the information can be reached through searching

17. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    There's an "Export/Import all object data" under File. This will only work for the object data, not the imported files, though.

If you meant the imported files... Well, I don't know about the expanded/user-made editors, but in the original one the only way I know of is using "Export all files" in the Import Manager and then import it to another map. Note, this will require you to re-edit all custom file paths manually.

If you're making a series of single-player maps, just use the Campaign Editor, import the object data and all files there and you'll be able to freely use it for every single map in the campaign.

18. Wardota2 Gamer

Wardota2 Gamer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's simply dude all you need to do is go to Object Editor and go to file then find Export/Import All Object Data, if you wan't to export the object or you want to import one. If you wan't to move a Object Data to your map then all you need to do is, Export All Object Data find a folder which you can put your Object Data, Load your map and Import All Object Data in Object Editor. Done! So simple!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2018
  19. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, see, now somebody searching for that exact thing can find it on the forums directly. Thank you for your cooperation.

20. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You could try to bundle starter themes and informations together, for which you think visual help is useful and then provide them as video format. Text with Q/A format is often a good format for daily tasks, but maybe it's good for very beginners to get some overview presented.