• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Assets Missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I'll get straight to the point.

My World Editor appears to be missing assets for multiple doodads and I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if it is just local to me.

My Warcraft III is fully updated, I do not own Warcraft III: Reforged and my World Editor is set to Standard Mode for Assets.

Cheers.

sqPuxfH

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 98
Level 24
Use the edit button yah dingus!

Dang looks like nuclear option, lest ye be one who consorts with cubes...

Edit: by fresh install I also mean fully uninstalling the registries too to make doubly sure.
(thats windows key + R, type regedit, navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment" and delete warcraft 3, back up your crap first.)

Level 2
OH, DEAR!!! I did not mean to do that :(

Alrighty, nuking it from orbit, I shall report back on whether it is fixed or whether like the Cockroach it is unphased by nuclear radiation.

Edit: Okay, sifted through the wreckage and... it's still there.

Edit 2: Fixed double post.

Last edited:
Level 21
i can display the alonsus chapel just fine

maybe you need to set all options to high, hd mode on, teen mode off etc

also: are there more models misbehaving?

Level 2
i can display the alonsus chapel just fine

maybe you need to set all options to high, hd mode on, teen mode off etc

also: are there more models misbehaving?

I have done as you suggested by turning HD mode on, the other options were already set to high, this did fix the doodads, at least the ones in Dalaran, Structures, however, the game now displays this:

"Could not load file: PathTextures\16x12Default.tga"

Finally, yes there are more models misbehaving, Lordaeron Summer Doodad models for example also share the same problem.

Level 3
I have the same issue, yet in old maps, models for the dalaran structures for example are still visible, maybe they have their own glitched name. Have you find a solution to this "reforged" problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.