• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Import] Mass replace or delete Imported Assets

Level 5
The map we work on is pretty large, even after world editor compresses it. To reduce the size i recently went through the task of compressing all the audio files and optimising all BLPs and MDXs in the map. saved me 22mb before world edit compression - so i'm thinking this is great news. HOWEVER the map has 2500+ imported assets and i've just discovered i cannot delete multiple at once or replace in bulk. Surely i do not have 2 delete them 1 by 1 and import them all again? how can it have a mass import and a mass export but no mass delete! if anyone has a quick solution to this ill be forever grateful :)

Level 25
the map has 2500+ imported assets
Lol, wtf? :D

If you are running on one of the newer versions, then you can save the map as a folder
1684761690379.png

If you open the map's folder there should be subfolder(s) with the imports and a 'war3map.imp' which seems to contain the list of imports.
Please note that I have never tried removing imports like this myself, so you should definitely make a backup of your map in case something goes wrong.

Level 5
ha was 3500 when i checked xd its a big map . xD and thanks - its written entirely in Csharp so had the wc3import folder already , deleting that did not remove them from the list - however replacing them with the optimised files seems to of worked a treat! thank you very much!