• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wizards v1.0 + Ai

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
2pNbDqa.png

v1.0 + Ai
zDaO1Ts.png

Wizards is a game there you knock out other enemys out the acid water. Just like Warlocks. But here u fight 5vs5 into the end.

ea4EACV.png

Wizards is a story of wizards that joined the big battle of the little island somewhere in middle earth. Here they fight each other to become the best wizard. There where also evil wizards that joined. Now they stand here to fight. And who will be the best wizard.

lJ4BAto.png

Gameplay is simple. You should buy items and knock out the other wizards into the acid water to kill them. Like Warlocks.

rIMZNiu.png

xVtSQtN.png

ds5IVhw.png

ofpyD6w.png

68RB5M4.png

Special thanks to: xAerox, deathismyfriend, edo494, DSG, Elphis aka Kawakami Nyuu, The Reborn Devil, D4RK_G4ND4LF, ap0calypse, noob, The_blood, Losam, Hell_Master, Legal_Ease, Doomguy80, DotCa AProject.

Extra Credits: Goes to Warlocks creators of the idea and inspiration.

Custom Models icons and skins:

Radagast
Stanakin
Darkholme
karland90
Forgotten_Warlord
Just_Spectating
NFWar
kola
Palaslayer
inhuman89
CRAZYRUSSIAN
PeeKay
Infinitynexus
Darkfang
NFWar
Misha
4eNNightmare
stefanstan95
CloudWolf
-Berz-
Mobilize
Mr.Goblin
Goo
paradise.engineeri

Keywords:
magic, wizard, wizards, warlock, warlocks, lotr, gandalf, war, wars, mini, game, hero, arena, vs, fun.
Contents

Wizards v1.0 + Ai (Map)

Reviews
20:37, 2nd May 2016 Ardenian: Same points as in the review of Blade Wars. Too simple. Try to be more creative, add more content and variation.

M

20:37, 2nd May 2016
Ardenian: Same points as in the review of Blade Wars.
Too simple. Try to be more creative, add more content and variation.

Just tested this map, here's my review
What can I say?
- Decent Description
- Decent Terrain
- Decent Preview Image and Loading Screen
- Good gameplay
- Multiplayer
- AI is present, so it's playable/fun even without multiplayer
- Difficulties
- Map suits it's category

Overall I'm rating this map 5/5, vote for approval, you can also tell me if you don't like my review and I'll gladly remove my comment/rating from your map.

Level 19
Its not a ripoff. its kinda diffrent. Do you mean u cant do a map there you push enemys out of the area? Then its ripoff? Have u seen the map ring out? is that also a ripoff?

Im working on fixing the level problem.

I wanted to make something like warlocks yes. But still diffrent. And it is diffrent.

Here you go:

1. Warlocks doesent have a healing tree in middle of map.

2. Warlocks is not team play i think like 5vs5.

3. Warlocks use fire balls

4. Warlocks terrain is changing

5. Warlocks doesent have quality terrain

6. Warlocks doesent have same spells.

7. Warlocks doesent allow you to buy items in the map like shops/units.

Do you need anything more?

But anyway thnx for pointing out the buggs.

(Player 1 had level 0 in the multiboard).

Will be fixed soon.

Also lets say all those Footmen Frenzy maps they are ripoffs also?

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Most of your counter arguments mean nothing.
Not having the same spells / heroes does not make a map.
Take DotA and change heroes/skills/items, it's still the same map aka ripoff.

I am not saying it is a ripoff since I have not played either of the maps.
But I would suggest finding better arguments if you want to defend your map verbally.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
These means all aos maps are ripoff of dota?
Of course not but those that are too similar are.
So how come all these Footmen Frenzy? can u explain that to me?
Well, those are ripoffs, at least most of them.
1. Warlocks doesent have a healing tree in middle of map.
I'm ignoring this one.
2. Warlocks is not team play i think like 5vs5.
This is an improvement of course.
3. Warlocks use fire balls
Hmm... have you played it? The spells can be changed/chosen.
4. Warlocks terrain is changing
That's a bonus for Warlock.
5. Warlocks doesent have quality terrain
Invalid as that tree blocks visibility in many ways.
6. Warlocks doesent have same spells.
Yes, possibly. The hero models are also different but similar. That does not really make it less similar.

What I'm trying to tell you is that you need to make a lot of stuff on your map to make it less similar to that one if you want it to be considered at least an enhancement.

Last edited:
Level 19
Ah ok sry about that i will do it. I just got the idea/inspiration from warlocks but i dident wana make it the same. Btw Warlock is more advanced then this. I wanted to make it simple. I will credit warlocks for this. And i hope people will like it.

So now added extra credits to warlocks.

In map and here.

But if you find the map boring let me know and i will remove it.

deepstrasz. if the map sucks let me know.

But i hope people will like it.

Last edited:
Level 26
Don't worry about the map bein a ripoff.
There are already a lot of dota ripoffs and similiar things on the hive.

However, there is still a lot to do in this map to make it good.

The abilities have several flaws:
The fireblaster ability, which shoots ice for the record, is working, but the cast range is pretty low, so you don't have to measure how far your opponent is.
Blink works fine, but the tooltip is showing talking about "Warden" not a wizard. Sloppy.
The windwalk works as intended I guess, but 15% movement isn't really a lot. Perhaps do likea 100% boost and 1 second invisibility?
Hex works I guess, but it is a little strange choice of an ability since it is only point and click, and no skill required.
The combo of those skills also fels strange.

The terrain is decent, but the ugly edges are still there on the island, as I've already told you when I reviewed blade wars. You should smooth them out.
The map is also really big, while the area you fight in is pretty small. That much space is not needed.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
But if you find the map boring let me know and i will remove it
I will not be the judge of that. I am not a moderator and even if I would be the only thing I could do is put it in the Substandard/Too Simple which is not the case here.
deepstrasz. if the map sucks let me know.
It does not suck. I just didn't think it was decent to do something similar to a work without at least a hint of that work's or that creator's name when clearly it inspired you.
Ok i will fix following. do anyone have any better idea instead of hex ability
Casting time? That way it's not easy to use without endangering yourself.

Also, listen to Rufus' advice. He is a Map Moderator and has much experience in map making.

Level 19
The abilities have several flaws:

1. The fireblaster ability, which shoots ice for the record, is working, but the cast range is pretty low, so you don't have to measure how far your opponent is. (Now has from 400 range to 800)

2. Blink works fine, but the tooltip is showing talking about "Warden" not a wizard. Sloppy. (Now named Wizard)

3. The windwalk works as intended I guess, but 15% movement isn't really a lot. Perhaps do likea 100% boost and 1 second invisibility? (Now has 50% speed bonus for 2 seconds)

4. Hex works I guess, but it is a little strange choice of an ability since it is only point and click, and no skill required. (Hex is removed)

The terrain is decent, but the ugly edges are still there on the island, as I've already told you when I reviewed blade wars. You should smooth them out. (The edges is now fixed)

The map is also really big, while the area you fight in is pretty small. That much space is not needed (Cant change to 32 size. then water are is useless. I tested).

Last edited:
Level 12
I really like that this has AI. But still, the map has a lot of room for improvement, for sure. Let me list all of those possible improvements as I can remember them:

-Either the arena seems to be too tiny, or the knockback effect too powerful. The fight often ends with just by hitting your enemy once or twice with the breath of fire spell into the acid. For this issue, I would either recommend making the arena bigger, or decrease the knockback effect of the spell.

-Make the camera view higher. The default camera view seems to be too restrictive and it's hard to keep up and scroll around since the players tend to fly around with knockbacks. Playing with a higher camera view will be a lot easier.

-Divide the gameplay into fight sequence and market sequence. This is very important. It's almost impossible to analyze items and buy them and react to enemies at the same time, especially when the enemy resurrection cooldown is so short, too.

-The map definitely needs more spell variety. For example, you can make a "purchasable spells" system like in Warlocks, where you can buy and upgrade new spells with the gold or wood you got from the kills.

-This is a minor thing, but the AI seems to know where you are even when you have Windwalk active.

That's all for now. Like I said, I really am happy that this map has AI, which is something that Warlocks really needed. All you need to do now is, build upon that feature, and take heed to the suggestions.