• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BotEH v1.0 AI

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Magnet199
Author: dArk_sParroW

Main Description:

Sceenshots:

309583_277396192284492_100000423390853_978017_426849745_n.jpg

318970_277396332284478_100000423390853_978018_1358893298_n.jpg

314875_277396385617806_100000423390853_978019_1261290658_n.jpg

320647_277396502284461_100000423390853_978020_996875289_n.jpg

319963_277396595617785_100000423390853_978021_2080890890_n.jpg

306746_277396662284445_100000423390853_978022_677611567_n.jpg

312106_277396728951105_100000423390853_978023_814603326_n.jpg

Changelogs:

Others:
- Changed the name of author to daRk_sParroW
- Changed the map name from TWoH (The war of Heroes) to BotEH (Battle of the Epic Heroes)
- Changed the LoadingScreen
- Added Screenshots

Heroes:
- Added Rackshak the Lava Guardian
- Added Nazgrel the Demon Slayer
- Added Kryptikk the Shadow Walker

Abilities:
Changed Gnoll Warden: Electrical Energy to Energy Drain
Changed Vampire Lord: Nightmare to Slow
Fixed Plague Ward
Fixed Vine Whip
Fixed Shadow Meld

Thanks to:
D.ee
Magnet199
Shamanyouranus
s4nji
ike_ike

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please post to the Hiveworkshop.com
or send me a message from Hiveworkshop.com or send me an E-mail to [email protected]

Warning!
- My map is not yet protected please do not change or edit my map without my permission.

Thanks for Cooperating =D

Keywords:
The war of heroes,heroes,war,the war
Contents

BotEH v1.0 AI (Map)

Reviews
00:22, 9th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected Is that your other username or do you have the original author's permission to upload his map here? Lacking description, tell us more about the map, we don't want to know what recipes there...

M

00:22, 9th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:

Created by rYan_xX ; Uploaded by: daRk_sParroW
Is that your other username or do you have the original author's permission to upload his map here?

Lacking description, tell us more about the map, we don't want to know what recipes there are in the game and half of the description is a changelog. Screenshots would also be nice.

Also change the map's title to the full map name.

Contact Me

Date: Saturday(24) // September // 2011
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 0/5
Back to pending. A review coming soon.

Update: Status: Rejected
Review

Level 6
seems interesting, testing now :)

EDIT1: why is the author name different then submitter? explain that in description :)

EDIT2: ok i tested here is the feedback:
The Bad Stuff:
- Siren (roshan style) is kinda weird dont you agree? she comes out when im fighting with creeps on the left side :S
- My first hero was Harpy Queen, i loved the spells, so custom, but why cant i reach lvl 6???? its stuck, i dont gain XP :S
- ^ the harpy is a flying unit right? ok so that lets me go on top of trees or terrain, and hit units that can never hit me XD, i killed siren at lvl 1 buhahaha
- Creeps get spammed, like OMG spam
- i have no idea why my hero moves by itself :S
- creeps over time like siren just comes and attack me when im not even close to them :S
- not all items as staff of agi and str not used in recipes so not all items are being used....
- oh yeah, you cant take runes when u have 6 items....so when i play with other players, i see a rune and i have full inventory and my enemy following me, i have to drop a item for him to take the rune?
- ye, and the siren is very weak to give the "ages"
- and BTW the "ages" doesn't restore full HP

The Good Stuff:
- loved your idea
- nice time system
- creeps balanced i guess
- liked the siren idea

My Suggestions:
- more awesome heroes
- fix the bad stuff
- make all units ground and change height (to avoid terrain crossing)
- use all items in recipes
- runes = no need inventory

Please fix these quickly before you ge rejected :(
I really loved the heroes, but please make them reach LVL 6 ATLEAST :p
Good Luck
Rate 2/5

Last edited:
Level 5
most of the users of hive will not downlaod this map,because it braked these rules :
double post

this will be rejected

Level 6
update has been made, will test now and will give feedback :)

EDIT: hmmm not bad, i tested here is what i got:

The Bad Stuff:
- i tested with AI this time, turns out AI are kind of stupid thats not a problem :)
- the creeps still spam, i think your trigger is, when there is no units on that region re-creat them, now because i move a lot, creeps follow me little, and bam!!! spam...fix :D
- ^ for that, the AI is so stupid that he cant farm well :p
- + about the AI, when AI low Hp, he just stand there and doesnt hit, i think its trying to run and trying to attack at the same time, check that out ;)
- Loading Screen is not working well :S
186989-albums4429-picture43468.png

- The Siren, when she is stunned out of here region (location) she will keep on following you everywhere. (Bash stun)
- OK, i killed a siren, after few minutes, another one comes, i kill that one to, wanna know what happened?
186989-albums4429-picture43467.png

- the black orb or soul orb, one of them cant be sold :( please fix ;)

The Good Stuff:
- the new hero is nice and balanced
- the items are not bad, by their cost and abilities
- all other heroes are well made
- Spawn system is not bad :)

Suggestions:
- MORE ITEMS :D
- MORE EPIC HEROES :D
- ok, the map have a lot of free places, becuase this is PvP like map, make a PvP arena on top, like every 5 or 10 min arena :) <--place timer for that
- re-balance the creeps i guess....

Great Map,
Rate: Changed from 2/5 to 4/5
Rep: 1+ ;)
Vote: -

Keep up the good work, remember you have a lot of free places, PUT SOMETHING :D

Last edited:
Level 5
Thanks for the tips. I hope you like my map more. :D

Suggestions:
- MORE ITEMS :D
- MORE EPIC HEROES :D
- ok, the map have a lot of free places, becuase this is PvP like map, make a PvP arena on top, like every 5 or 10 min arena :) <--place timer for that
- re-balance the creeps i guess....

I will put a battle arena on top for 10 mintunes a random hero will be picked.

The Bad Stuff:
- i tested with AI this time, turns out AI are kind of stupid thats not a problem :)
- the creeps still spam, i think your trigger is, when there is no units on that region re-creat them, now because i move a lot, creeps follow me little, and bam!!! spam...fix :D
- ^ for that, the AI is so stupid that he cant farm well :p
- + about the AI, when AI low Hp, he just stand there and doesnt hit, i think its trying to run and trying to attack at the same time, check that out ;)
- Loading Screen is not working well :S

When you play TWoH put 5 - 10 players cause when you put 1 player it's boring.. but don't worry i will update the AI more.. :D and I will fix the loading screen.

Keep up the good work, remember you have a lot of free places, PUT SOMETHING :D
ok thanks.

------------------

rYan_xX as daRk_sParroW

Level 5
oh god, the blue text is so awful on a desc, its unreadable unless you mark them with a mouse, plz change the color

Level 5
i wanna continue this map my way or i help you with it don't worry about credits credits will go to you in the first place so tell me ... wanna help me out here ? or just keeping this map for yourself ? ...

yes let's continue this map..
oK,, thats great.. I'm glad you're helping out... but after you edit my map please show me first before i upload it and could you please help me make some more heroes..?,, thanks

Level 5
i believe i can add me on yahoo messenger [email protected] or just switchtotems we will talk more there i think the map firstly reguires a good name a good interface some good gameplay constants then we will see about the triggering and about new heroes... those heroes are just fine for the moment we need players and for that we need balance... that must be done firstly ... my opinion

Level 5
i believe i can add me on yahoo messenger [email protected] or just switchtotems we will talk more there i think the map firstly reguires a good name a good interface some good gameplay constants then we will see about the triggering and about new heroes... those heroes are just fine for the moment we need players and for that we need balance... that must be done firstly ... my opinion

ok,, that's a good idea.. just edit my map and i'll see... and do not upload my map yet.. when you finished at editing send me that map and i'll see.. you can use Mediafire.com for sending a map..

[Edit]
Upcoming TWoH.2 1.0,, more fixes and more changes

Last edited:
Level 30
Map Review
BoteH (v1.0 AI)

Rating System:

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

Battle of the Epic Heroes (With Artificial Intelligence Triggering) [BoteH AI] is another hero arena that consists of unique heroes on an epic battle against other heroes and fight to the end and win the game. it also features 3 dialogs before the game starts. first the "Weather Setting" were you can choose default for the normal weather given by the map or automatic that will give the map a different version of the weather. second, "Win Kills" were you choose your hero kill limits by 10, 20, 50, 100, 150, and 200. and lastly "Power-ups". when you tick yes it will spawn magical runes that boosts the player's activity in the game. such as Restoration, Damage, Illusion, and Haste.

okay lets get this straight, the game was boring, completely monotone for my views, and I would like this to be moved in the map development section for more updates and mapping suggestions until you start passing this again with the big boys and girls in the warcraft 3 modding play. reasons why? first it only feats kill limits that is similar to the "Angel Arena" map were you main goal is to kill and reach the given limit.

I played almost 70% of the heroes that were shown in the map and I would say some of them were overpowered and imbalance. I would not name all of them but just to make sure I am correct, please go wander around this site and do past by this remarkable tutorial about heroes and how do they rape others like a boss: Hero Craft

and last to cover up the game play, I want to recommend you to at least give only 1 power-up placing per time change were it will only spawn 1 rune because spawning tons of rune in the map would be chaotic and bad for the game. I mean I just restored my life with the "Restoration" rune and then I picked up a "Damage" rune that easy and then another one nearby because it keeps spawning more.

Terrain

th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

Terrible work with the terrain, I can make a replica out of that template in only 30 minutes with my eyes close. I mean seriously terrain is the most important part were the map becomes alive and we modders have to expand it in a beautiful way with the use of a 2002 game engine. as I look closely on each destined sightings of the map. I notice their are no blind spots for the players to get the chance in surviving a gang fight or a group hunt, no decorations or any doodads that would wake the atmosphere of the map, spamming of trees, a really bad design of the waterfall, and the volcano. a very, very bad volcano stuck in a summer land continent, also the "Battle Arena" coliseum doesn't look like a coliseum at all, more of a "your own private tea party session".

WC3ScrnShot_092411_222128_01.jpg WC3ScrnShot_092411_222158_02.jpg WC3ScrnShot_092411_222253_03.jpg WC3ScrnShot_092411_222411_05.jpg WC3ScrnShot_092411_222433_06.jpg

Managing

addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

After rounds and rounds of check-ups, I want this map to be entertaining, not just another dump file for this site, but it would be a good and charming for players to go in for once, with just my little advice. "work with it with care". and here's are the last views to what I see is bad in your management in the game.

A text shows that "The Battle Arena is Cancelled due to errors". is that an online event or a real sport tournament that you really need to show such humiliation? come on lad! think and pump all of those brainjuices, if your going to show such texts. just at least remove the battle arena, along with its triggers, doodads, and its origins and then start with a new one. with some help by others and etc.

Another is that my Local Area Network's given name is somehow bugged? because it doesn't show right, just some little loving and it will copy my name or other player's name as good as a pie. the Multi-board also needs more work along with the outro status. they must be fused together as shown in my sample picture.

WC3ScrnShot_092411_192842_02.jpg WC3ScrnShot_092411_194428_03.jpg WC3ScrnShot_092411_194952_04.jpg

and finally the game description, nothing much to say but I hope you would understand what I am trying to tell you about this suggestion of mine that it would work perfectly!.

untitled.JPG WC3ScrnShot_092411_192719_01.jpg

Total Score:

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/1557%F

vm me after reading this review

Level 5
switchtotems has a bad reputation of stealing resources, be aware that he can steal your map (just a warning,im not offencive on him )