• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BANG!! [v1.0][+AI]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Calciumcarbonat

BANG!
Created by Calciumcarbonat

Map Info:

BANG! is an asymetrical skillshot game, in which every player plays a different role with different objectives every round.
There is one Sheriff, whos role is revealed to everybody from the start, all the other identities are hidden.
Your job is to figure out which role the other players play or to trick them, so you can achieve your objectives!

Role Objectives:

SHERIFF
All Outlaws and Renegades must die and you have to survive! This is the only role revealed at the start of the round.
DEPUTY
Protect the Sheriff at all costs and help him to kill all the Outlaws and Renegades!
OUTLAW
Kill the Sheriff! Set up ambushes and eleminate him quickly!
RENEGADE
Be the last man standing, kill the Sheriff at last!
Try to keep the balance between the Sheriff's forces and his enemies.

Features:

Each round players change their role. Aditionally every player gets one out of 13 different special traits
like placing traps, throwing bombs or applying other players name and colour.

Some other stuff:
  • 8 different maps
  • skillshot based combat system
  • custom spells
  • Computer players possible
  • powerups and items

Screenshots:

172819-albums8347-picture100272.png

172819-albums8347-picture100273.png

172819-albums8347-picture100274.png

Change Log:

• Map released the first time

Credits:

Models:
  • Sephiroth VII
  • UgoUgo
  • Frankster
  • Ket
  • Blood Raven
Icons:
  • UgoUgo
  • Darkfang
  • M0rbid
  • Captain_Rufar
  • Frankster

Author's notes:

This map ist best when you play together with your friends and communicate via skype or something (It is always fun to fool your friends).
The AI is okay but very dump and can sometimes block the game.
It will hopefully be available at MakeMeHost too.
I hope you enjoy it and I am happy for all feedback I get :)

[Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Bang, calciumcarbonat, bang, wild, west, cowboy, sheriff, outlaw, shooter, skillshot, party, easy, simple, fun, desert, bang!
Contents

BANG!! [v1.0][+AI] (Map)

Reviews
00:27, 1st Aug 2015 Shadow Fury: Map set to needs fix with a rating of 3/5 until the leaks are removed.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Review BANG!! [v1.0][+AI]

Visuals - Ambience and Aesthetics

BANG!! is a shooter map setting place in a Wild Western themed environment. Overall the design of the map is fitting the intended theme.

One thing you have to fix, Calciumcarbonat, on the area with the river, I think it is called Canyon, the transition of the level 3 cliff to the level two cliff is blocked, at the top middle part of the area. It is too small.

The aesthetics aren't advanced, but the maps shows overall tile variation and average use of doodads.
Some things could be executed better or look too simple, like the railway for example. You could create tunnels simulating the player walk over them.
Take a look on some advanced tutorials like this and this and think about whether you can adapt some things for your the map.

Gameplay and Features

Playing now and then flash game shooter games, I was surprised about the quality you offer in BANG!!. The game is fast-paced and one has not much time to aim and run.
Different weapons and randomly chosen class abilities allow great variety in gameplay.
It is great that you included nan A.I. in your map. About its intelligence, well, I would say the A.I. is not the most intelligent. They sometimes tend to run cross and over, trying to avoid non-existing projectiles ( all strategy, I know), but they could be more aggressive or behave human-like.
You could think about adding different difficulties for the A.I. as well for the whole game. At the moment, the options players can choose are limited to... nothing. Everything is randomized. You could think about giving some power to the player/ host.

The idea of role objectives is interesting, needs more clarification tho. Why can the Sheriff kill Deputies ? Is the arena therefore FFA ?

Please add a quest log to your map informing players about basic features.
If you do not know how, may check this tutorial out, it is similar.

Having a short look on your triggers, some are leaking. Check this out to fix them.

Result

BANG!! is a fast-paced and intense shooter game with a great variety each round. All players loving shooter games will surely love this one too.

I consider this Approvable based on gameplay and visuals after you fixed the leaks of your maps coding.

I strongly recommend you to add a quest log to inform players playing the map

You might want to reduce the screenshot size to make the site not being stretched.

Level 21
I agree with everything Ardenian said but, as usual, I would like to add my own views:

1- I hope you are planning to use the empty area at the bottom-left of the map because it would be a shame leaving it unused

2- The terrain shouldn't always be totally flat. A slight raising/lowering spread all over the arenas would actually create advantageous/disadvantageous points that would implicate the use of strategies to benefit from those points as much as possible while also giving a more natural aspect to your terrain. Don't exaggerate with this though, it could create unwanted problems with the bullets

3- The AI really needs to be smarter. In one of the rounds I played, the AI managed to kill me. We were playing in the farmlands (the one with 4 square areas of crops) and when 3 gunslingers were left, the game didn't proceed. The 3 kept walking around themselves, not shooting at each other in any way. Nobody approached the other so, in a few words, the game was blocked. I see you advised us of this in your map description however this issue should be fixed so that single player can be fully functional

4- Here comes the gravest issue; the leaks! They cause performance issues in multiplayer (aka. lag) and let you take a lot of time to quit from the game if they are really excessive. I'm seriously worried about Bang Loop which activates every 0.03 seconds. It contains two location leaks (but one has an unusual condition so I'll ignore it) and one unit group leak, summing to a total amount of 33 location leaks and 33 unit group leaks per second. Not only that... since it uses "For each integer A" function, the trigger repeats itself multiple times according to the number of units that casted BANG!. Considering that multiple units use BANG! at the same time, that trigger produces on average 500 damn memory leaks each second, a considerable amount. Have a look at this tutorial to know how to fix them. It's very simple, don't worry

Basically if it wasn't for the leaks now I'd be approving this map with a rating of 3/5 but since the dear Map Submission Rules clearly state that the map should be mostly leakless, I shall set it to needs fix instead until all leaks are removed.