• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Windwalked unit don't attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey,

I encountered a problem. I wanted to make a "assassin" unit, which has ability based on Wind Walk. The ability automatically casts, the unit becomes invisible and has this buff. However, on "Issue Order Targeting A Unit" trigger with the "Attack", this unit gets on the location of this targeted unit, but don't attack.. It just stands there..

Do you guys know how to make it strike? I want it to use the bonus damage ("backstab"), so setting ability off is not the way I guess..

Level 3
Can you post the trigger please.

I would love to, but my World Editor is not in English... :/

But basically, its like:
If Unit-type of Picked unit equals Assassin
Unit - Order Picked unit to Attack Random unit from Region1

Something like this.. And the cast ability is simple, when trained, cast ability wind walk, but this part is working.

Level 13
I had this situation a while ago. Basically AI will not actually attack from Wind Walk of what I could manage to work out.

You had to force their animation to play, deal the damage via trigger, create the floating text and then remove the buff. Basically you had to re-create the entire ability for AI to use it, hence why I gave up with it in my map XD

Level 25
I tested it, if you place your windwalk unit right next to the unit to be attacked, it attacks it while windwalk goes into effect.

So if you simply wait for the transition time to end and then order your windwalk unit to attack, it will attack.

• this works
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Wind Walk
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.65 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack Rifleman 0000 <gen>

Status
Not open for further replies.