• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invisibility that uncloaks only after attack commited

Level 9
So, the problem is, the hero that is under invisibility (shade ability, that get uncloaked after attacking or spell casting), has some sort of "backstab ability", that lets you make critical attack if you attacked an enemy in his back.
BUT the unit can react and turn his body before an actual attack appear, so it's not actually possible to backstab anyone from invisibility.

Still I dont wanna change "shade" ability to the one that lets you attack and cast and remain inivisible. I'm seeking for some possible simple way you to have invisibility that still lets you get uncloaked when casting ability but giving a unit a time to do first attack still being invisible.

Level 9
Use Permanent Invisibility and Remove/Disable it temporarily whenever you cast a spell using triggers.
I thought about it, yeah it's cool, but as I remember, any invisibility has something like "fade animation" before getting invisibility. If I will immediately remove and then return invis ability, would not be a problem of unit getting "faded" immediately?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I thought about it, yeah it's cool, but as I remember, any invisibility has something like "fade animation" before getting invisibility. If I will immediately remove and then return invis ability, would not be a problem of unit getting "faded" immediately?
Fade time can be set to 0, if that's what you're worried about. Otherwise, I doubt disabling it and enabling it will somehow bypass the timer.

Level 9
Fade time can be set to 0, if that's what you're worried about. Otherwise, I doubt disabling it and enabling it will somehow bypass the timer.
One more thing, my friend. It's out of current topic, but I dont wanna spam the forum with questions.

I've found that there's much discussion about how to make local sound without desync, like here

So, do you know the 100% proper way? Should I set a volume, or change the string of file, or do any other way?