• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] WindWalk without invisibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to make an ability based on Wind Walk. It's supposed to increase speed and make the first hit stronger, but NOT to give invisibility. So, how can I remove this "give invisibility" thing?

Level 9
just change the duration of the "going invisible part" to 0.01 seconds before the duration of the spell ends....that should solve the problem...otherwise trigger it...thats not hard ^^

Level 3
Yup, changing Transition Time doesn't work at all. Well, i'll try to trigger it, thanks guys

Level 6
I don't even think you need a takes damage system, just use something like

Event - A unit is attacked
Condition - (Attacking Unit) has (Your movement Speed Buff)
Actions - Cause (Attacking Unit) to damage (Triggering Unit) dealing 50 damage of attack tybe hero and damage tybe normal.

ofc u can modify the +50. And also, you can just make some floating combat text if you want to display the bonus damage. If you want, I can even give you the World Editor text code that makes writing red.

Level 6
Right ofc I forgot that. Sometimes I find the Editor lacking, Blizzard really should have made an extra event for when an attack is completed, same for damage. Would make life alot easier.

But one thing here that i am quite certain off, if you want your hero to be capable of walking through enemies when in "Wind Walk", u need to set their collision to 0 in a trigger. Anyway good luck.

Level 4
I remember looking around for the answer to this, because I wanted to know the same thing.

Event - A unit is attacked
Condition - (Attacking Unit) has (Your movement Speed Buff)
Actions - Cause (Attacking Unit) to damage (Triggering Unit) dealing 50 damage of attack tybe hero and damage tybe normal.

This is what you need; that gives you the move speed, and bonus damage, and no invisibility. But, at the end add

Action - remove (Your Buff) from (Attacking Unit)​

That way, there's no abuse.

Level 7
if you do as Spectre4802 says, stopping before the attack hits would deal damage (only the backstab damage), as your attack didn't hit, you wouldn't deal the normal attack damage

Level 3
I used some triggers and it seems to be working without any problems. Amidoinitrite?

Attachments

• charge ability test.w3x
    21.2 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.