• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Will you mod Starcraft II?

Are you going to mod Starcraft 2?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I'll definitely mod it. New editor means new possibilities means evolution!

Btw "Yes, but I won't actually play it." and "Yes, but I won't really play the game." are sounding real similar.

Level 40
Yes+yes

I'm [hoping] it'll have a significantly faster and more powerful scripting language... otherwise, I'll probably go back to wc3 for the most part of modding, and just stick with Sc2 for melee (if it's good like SC is) and possibly a bit of modding if I ever want to do a sci-fi map.

Oh, also, it needs a channel-like ability for me to be completely happy :D

Level 13
I enjoy the missions, but yeah i use cheats. So what? its not hurting anyone, im not "ruining the game" im not being self destructive. Im just trying to have some fun in-game. Even blizzard condones cheating, otherwise they wouldnt make cheat codes !

Level 34
I imagine the editor will blow WC3's away, just like WC3's blew SC's so I plan on modding. Maybe I'll help lead the way in terrain!! Probably not though =(

I also hope my computer will be able to handle it, or hopefully I will have a new computer by then.

Level 34
I'll never going to stop Warcraft.It's sad all this community will die.

It won't die by any means. I probably won't be playing SC2 due to my crappy computer, unless I get myself a new one before it comes out (which is unlikely), so I am staying for computer reasons, you are staying because you probably prefer medieval over future, and others will stay for their own reasons, probably most commonly the same as you.

Level 4
I'd probably alternate between the two if they're both as good as each other, but if one's better than the other, I'll go with the better one

Level 32
The majority rules: count me in. The play and modding of Starcraft2 is certainly on my list, although in my case I'll probably be rather behind the curve due to limited time.

When Blizzard gets the lead out and releases the game we can all get this show on the road: mush Blizzard, mush.

Level 2
When it's done.

That's all they've said. That's all they will say until they believe that only a catastrophe of epic proportions would delay them for even a day.

i read sumwhere they were going to come out 2008 as a 10th anniversary of SC.
i dont think i could mod anything on SC2 even if i wanted to. those stuff looks pretty damn good
i wont probably play it. it would be probably all melee focused. my friends reckon it would be pretty cool if they had sumthing like DOTA on it. i dont. i think that would ruin it kinda.
the real reason i might not play it, not intensibly anyway, is that i suck at SC.
its is disgraceful considering my nationality. LOL ~guess my nationality(^_^)

Status
Not open for further replies.