• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Wikipedia Deletes World Editor Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
They never state their reasons, that is the worst part of it, it's a total disrespect towards the editor. Fine, they have that thing that says we agree that the text can be edited, deleted, whatever, but ethically it's still a lack of politeness.

Level 12
and how exactly will it make any difference in life? Other then cause you to go to another site?

Level 19
Without the editor this site wouldn't exist nor thehelper or wc3campaigns you know. Also Blizzard has noticed that the Editor is a very important tool for gamers and it has kept wc3 alive for a pretty long time so yeah important.

Level 12
lol...you still fail to answer my question

what does WE or blizzard have anything to do with something that was deleted on wikipedia? How does it matter? Does it change anything? Nope, all it does is force you to go on google and type in WE information lol.

Level 19
lol...you still fail to answer my question

what does WE or blizzard have anything to do with something that was deleted on wikipedia? How does it matter? Does it change anything? Nope, all it does is force you to go on google and type in WE information lol.

It doesn't really affect us at all but it is just annoying and cruel to delete something we stand for.

Level 12
if its deleted its deleted, doesn't change anything, if they wanted it deleted, they can delete it, they don't have to keep it or use it.

Level 4
Yes it sucked that wikipidia deleted the WE, no that doesn't change anything, but it was disrespectful, ru-ued, and utterly lame. This was a most disagreeable action. However, we still stand for FREEDOM and ect.

...right?....

Level 12
Freedom? If you mean the country, then no, we arn't free, this country can't be called free anymore. We have like more laws and strict policies then any other country, only difference is you don't get killed, you get fined a lot of money or put in jail.

Anyway, too off topic.

Sure they deleted it, there must have been a good reason

Level 19
Freedom? If you mean the country, then no, we arn't free, this country can't be called free anymore. We have like more laws and strict policies then any other country, only difference is you don't get killed, you get fined a lot of money or put in jail.

Anyway, too off topic.

Sure they deleted it, there must have been a good reason

It made no sense for them to have a revolutionary piece of software which is capable of increasing a games lifetime dramatically?

Level 12
It made no sense for them to have a revolutionary piece of software which is capable of increasing a games lifetime dramatically?

Wikipedia didn't have any of the software, all it contained was information about the editor, that's it o_O. Really isn't a big deal lol

Rui

Rui

Level 41
No, in Wikipedia there are no GOOD reasons for deleting articles, they just delete it at their pleasure, at least that's what they make it look like.

One day I spent over an hour writing an article about a brand new girlsband, and guess what, they deleted it. Someone re-created it after a few days, I believe I helped writing it again, only to find the page deleted, AGAIN.
Today, that article stands (in a very BAD quality) for reasons I do not know. These change of plans are disrespectful. And what did they get with the mass deletion? I refuse to contribute to the article.

Another situation: the page of an actress served as a redirect for the show she participated in, I edited it and wrote the correction information, and I CLEARLY STATED where I got the information from.
Know what happened? They gave me a warning. It said "Do not insert informations that you know are wrong in articles, it can be considered Vandalism" (in a quick and VERY SOFT translation) - the information was again removed and the redirect was restored.
I was like "What the fuck?!". I replied to the guy who sent it and he replied back: "The article was deleted after voting and redirecting for the related page, otherwise it'd be FE 5" (I actually got it, FE redirected to the fast elimination).
Still, I asked myself: what the HELL is this? Does the guy even know I was the one who fixed the article?

And guess what? Ironically, the article is fixed today.

It's important to note it was in the Portuguese Wikipedia, they didn't create separate versions for Brazilian Portuguese and Portuguese of Portugal, and most administrators are Brazilian, and as far as I see the Brazilians like to mess with the Portuguese's work, because I REALLY felt tracked after those two situations up there.

So no, most administrators in Wikipedia are unprofessional and power-abusers. They know not how to deal with people properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.