• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why the H*ll hasn't the purging started yet?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why haven't the mods started purging yet? the setcions are loaded with crap waiting to be deleted, but aren't. mostly the models section. it looks like it has like no moderation at all, crappy models that are weeks old aren't deleted, I've seen three WoW trolls that look almost the same...
This HAS to stop, this site doesn't have to be an elitist site, but what the feck is the use in useless resources?

and all the good resources are suffering from this and get burried in sh*t, litterly...

Level 12
Hmmn the use of useless stuff is none by definition.

I dunno but I did a quick check to the models section and no model was offensively bad apparentally. Only thing that pissed me was a kind of green guy with too much muscles that had a Blood mage's head. Seemed kind of repugnant to me.

I don't really like the fact that every single model that makes me think of the word outstanding is actually a wow model. But I guess it does take some effort to port them and the decition about wow models was taken by this site a long ago.

Something I liked the other day was when some effect models that were simple but creative conversions from other effect models were uploaded, I actually liked this one: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=3637

Some of us spell makers could use more of models like those. I sometimes wish we could have a particle emitter object we could create in JASS but that's another history

Level 22
People have done good jobs previously in edits of original wc3 models, wether it be geromerge/reskins combos or vertex editing and so forth to turn them into something completely new. With the posting of wow models, it leaves those open for editing as well. If you ask me, its like opening a whole new door to many more opportunites and possibilies that may breath some new life into model making. Its a whole new archive to dig into. Crazynutter has done a nice job reducing the complexity of those models down to the level of normal wc3 models (i.e. reducing poly count and needless geosets, fixing anims ect), which makes them much less demanding on the game engine and more mod fiendly. Because of that I'm tempted to only allow him to post unedited ones.

In the meantime, I'm not going to let this turn into another "waaah lets ditch the wow models" thread.

Locked.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.