• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why so much dota hatred?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The naga guy, what about him? the little recolored one with no offensive abilities at all. Tell me how the fuck I can win against the really well worked out heroes?
He is good vs Phantom Lancer because his ulti tracks invisible ;)

Slardar is hardcore late-gamer. He is a very offensive hero. The items for him aim for attack speed, berserk ability for temporary +75% attack speed, basher (40% chance to bash with his innate bash skill) and lifesteal. When you collect these items you can kill anyone 1v1 and chase very well with Sprint skill. If enemy breaks the stunlock and runs away, use your warstomp spell and stunlock them again.

His purpose is to win the game after 40th minute. Before it, he can't really do much except for farming.

@Ratherion: What do you mean by godlike lvl? IHCS? DotaLeague? CW?

Level 10
Okay... adamant rock-paper-scizzors = funfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfun????
Farming for forty minutes = funfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfun????

I don't see how anybody could like a game this circumstantial... each hero wtfpwns one other hero, but is wtfpwned by four others. Yay? Old fashioned rock-paper-scizzors seems more fun...

Level 5
The one thing I really hate about DOTA is the players. When I was learning to play, I got put on a banlist just for being a newb in a game that said, and I quote: "DOTA 5v5 noobs." People take it way to seriously (probably because they are some little shitfucked nerd who can't get his thrills any other way). That said, it's well made and can be pretty fun to play.

Level 26
We've established more than one reason for hating DotA. Balancing is just one of them. The majority DotA community waves around its pride like the people are fucking godlike. You can't throw an insult at them without them saying in reply "1v1 apem" or some other bullshit.
Secondly, the overused fame. The game isn't the best thing since sliced bread. There isn't a modern day second on warcraft without DotA in it. Bandwagon much? The thought of a mediocre AoS dominating the battle.net universe is just disgusting.

Level 4
Give or take 2 years omg... Nov 2004 doesn't sound like 3 months.

1) banlist... who cares? I've got banned everywhere too. Just sign up to some inhouse league and play there. No flaming, no leaving, no newbs, everything's fine :thumbs_up: If you are banned, it gives you advantage, because you don't have to play with stupid host again. I use banlist very often, just to check peoples location, if someone's from my country.

2) overplayed... who cares? If you want to play Tides of Blood or AoM or whatever, just HOST it. I had a day when I wanted to play AotZ, but no one hosted it (I can't host), so I went to play dota.

I've never met people who think they are godlike... maybe it's just on American b.net gatewayes, because people on Northrend are more friendly, and 100% games isn't dota like on US West realm for example. Of course you will be flamed if you suicide on enemy heroes and stuff and don't listen to them. But this would happen in every game. Join some CS game and run around with knife only for 10 minutes, I swear you will get banned from the game.

Level 5
That's the other thing I don't get...how the hell do you establish your location because mine always says "Unknown" without fail.

Level 24
atropos007, your join date looks a lot like June 2007. Your post count looks a lot like 80, Ratherion's looks a lot like 517. Mine looks a lot like 986. If seniority is all we're going by, you lose this argument. If you seriously want to start a thread about that, go right ahead. You'd get in lots of trouble for it, so you didn't get the idea from me.

Anyways, about just hosting a game, there are two significant problems...
  1. What the hell happens if nobody joins? What the hell happens if people join and ask you to host something else?
  2. What the hell happens if you can't fucking host? Believe it or not, not everybody in the whole wide world has the ability to do so.

Also, I forgot to mention because you were being such a dumbass about join date, comparing fights in (M)MORPGs and AoSs is like comparing apples and cows. Yes, AoSs are about coordination, but in (M)MORPGs not only can there be several heroes that are exactly the same on opposite sides, but heroes can be upgraded along specific paths to be obscenely good at one particular thing. Yes, AoS heroes can be tweaked to do very specific things early-game, but you can't have any heroes that are identical in an AoS, now can you?

Level 4
atropos007, your join date looks a lot like June 2007. Your post count looks a lot like 80, Ratherion's looks a lot like 517. Mine looks a lot like 986. If seniority is all we're going by, you lose this argument. If you seriously want to start a thread about that, go right ahead. You'd get in lots of trouble for it, so you didn't get the idea from me.
Fool, I was active on wc3 forums before that site came.

1. Then wait until the game fills. I have no problems with getting people for the maps I hsot.
2. Fix plz? or join some map's clan channel (e.g. Clan Sand on Northrend for Elimination Tournament) and ask them to host?

accept that I'm pwning you and stop arguing because... well:

arguing_on_the_internet.jpg

yes it's you on the picture

I don't understand why this topic hadn't been closed immediately... DotA threads end in extreme flaming every time

Level 24
Fool, I was active on wc3 forums before that site came.
No, you are not from WC3s. If you were, your account was deleted. It would have carried your join date over like it did for me, Rui, Mecheon, VGSatomi, do I need to go on?

1. Then wait until the game fills. I have no problems with getting people for the maps I hsot.
Sometimes that's a few hours, I'd rather just not play WC3.
2. Fix plz? or join some map's clan channel (e.g. Clan Sand on Northrend for Elimination Tournament) and ask them to host?
I suppose that would work, except it's always possible that nobody's on. And yes it can be confusing to fix if nobody is helping you.

accept that I'm pwning you and stop arguing because... well:

arguing_on_the_internet.jpg

yes it's you on the picture

I don't understand why this topic hadn't been closed immediately... DotA threads end in extreme flaming every time
zomg i gots my pikshure on teh intarwebz i is famus!!1
Congratulations, that's been old and not funny for several years now.
Several things:
  • That applies to everybody, that makes you a retard as well as me.
  • Nobody is pwning, not me not you, this argument has not been obviously futile for either side since you joined it. I'd have to say you actually just pwned yourself for making such a stupid and obviously false comment. Not to mention, most of your post is about me and not DotA, you've turned to flaming, I'd say that I'm winning because I was able to keep my discussion posts on-topic longer. Also, I recently turned your old and no-longer-funny insult against you, and pointed out that it is old and no-longer-funny. That destroyed your entire argument against me, so really I totally killed your last post.
  • At any rate, you're the one losing. Most of the users on THW are anti-DotA, you should know that if you're really from WC3s, it's not obviously futile yet but it will be. It has already established that DotA is very bad for the mapping community, and as such the entirety of THW should take a negative stance towards it.

Now then, to end the argument, here is why DotA truly sucks: Every time someone has talked about balance in earnest, they have mentioned playing non-amateur DotA. If it's only balanced when everybody knows what to do, no wonder it fosters such a horrible player base. DotA sucks because it not only attracts intolerant, foul-mouthed, newbie-unfriendly idiots, but breeds them.

I think our good friend atropos has just lost all credibility.

And slardar sucks. You pointed out yourself that he's only good when he's high level, and it takes 40 minutes. BOOOORING. And a hero shouldn't have only one single way of winning.

Besides, If I keep being pwned, how the hell am I gonna get high level fast enough?

Level 4
Accept the truth that things become balanced only in higher level play. Melee strategies imba on battle.net are useless on tournaments etc etc.

will, the key is not getting pwned. That's the balance issue - if you can survive the early game (this applies to almost every STR and AGI hero, especially melee ranged ones), you will be dominating lategame. But if you lose a lot in early game, you will have problems lategame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Ephy WINS you do NOT.

Your hypocrasy and idiocy only continues to undermine your point, the best thing you can do for yourself is to BE QUIET.

1. What the hell happens if nobody joins? What the hell happens if people join and ask you to host something else?
  2. What the hell happens if you can't fucking host? Believe it or not, not everybody in the whole wide world has the ability to do so.

1- With auto refresh, or even without, it dosent really even take that long. If you cant wait 10-30 mins to get people to join, you must not want to play very badly. If they ask you to host something else, so what???? Ignore them..

2- Most people cant host becaus they're to lazy, or dumb. There are very very very very very few people that simply cannot.

Allthough I dissagree with atropos007 too, im not takeing his side at all.

Level 24
Lol, resorting to "shut up" instead of properly replying to my post means that you have lost, but I'll continue arguing anyways.

Nothing is supposed to be balanced "only in higher level play." That's a load of bull. Games are supposed to be balanced with players of equal skill, not when everybody is the best of the best. Believe it or not, some people play games to have fun, not just to totally pwn sum n00bz in liek 2 secs lol!!1.

By the way, nobody has threatened use of the B&hammer, but you seem to think they'll use it anyways. If you want that so badly, just leave.

Level 26
To call someone a retard is the lowest of all scum insults about undermining one's intelligence. To take it from a picture circling the internet for years just means whether you were here for a long time or not, you're still treating your mentality like shit. Furthermore, I'd like to point out the irony in that picture in that it was you who instigated this argument and it was you who was expecting to win. Therefore, you are calling yourself a retard. Congrats.
Here at the Hive, we've no need to resort to low intelligence comments like
accept that I'm pwning you and stop arguing
because we have logic. Good quality logic that involves using your head. Does Whitehorn really want a compliment from someone resorting to overused retard jokes on an intelligent debate thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.