• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why Ralle? WHY?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I dont understand why it's against the rules to rip WoW models from Wc3, I mean I know it's against your copyrights and shit, but srsly these models are fucking amazing.. couldnt there be a rule that you can only like upload one at a time or something?
I mean DAMN! :sad:

Level 15
Imo, rip the models yourself and don't upload them to the Hive. Upload them to that one website where they just rip models and skins from any map that has them. They don't even have any model makers. The link is in someone's sig, it's easy to distinguish. One of their forums (and the only one that has any posts) is called "Models/Skins not made by us".

Also, if you want really good models, make them yourself imo.

I dont understand why it's against the rules to rip WoW models from Wc3, I mean I know it's against your copyrights and shit, but srsly these models are fucking amazing.. couldnt there be a rule that you can only like upload one at a time or something?
I mean DAMN! :sad:
You have a lot to learn.
One day you'll understand.

Level 12
Meh. They might look nice, but it makes your map too large because of the high polygons, and the style is too different from the wc3 units/terrain for your map to look even remotely decent.

Not related to why you are forbidden to distribute them on the Hive, but a good reason not to use them nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.