• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

WHY DOES EVERYONE GET SO ANGRY OVER WoW Extracted Models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE GETS ANGRY OVER MODELS Extracted from WoW?! They look better then ones that ppl make! :shock:

Level 25
That's why you unsympathetic fool

It comes from time and effort. We spend ages making our models, works of love and toil, and then in ten seconds random person X can export a WoW model and go "LOLZ LOOK AT ME". Yes, I know I'm being a hypocrit, but the shark was worth it just for Olof to make his models off it

Level 45
yeah, you should respect the wow modelers, your stealing their stuff.

it also insults dedicated modelers here, i mean, i create gnoll or creature models and wat happens? people just extract a wow one and people go Zomg pwnzer, best model ever!

they go wow, your the best modeler and yet they only stole the model.

its also makes the wc3 games corney actually, i dont want to see another games model in my map, cuz it makes the map maker look desperate and very noobish.

Level 23
It's all about context.

WoW models, contrary to popular belief, actually look rubbish next to normal wc3 models.

And WoW exporting people have a penchant for flooding out interesting models with six pages of excrement.

So no, WoW models are not good. I curse they day they made them easy to convert!

Level 2
Honestly, I didn't know ppl were gettin mad about it. There pretty much isn't any reason to get mad about it, they're just models & Icons and such.....

Level 45
people spend hrs on models, and people stealing them doesnt help. some people spend ages on them, like 2-50hrs or even more on just one, so stealing our time or anyones time is like stealing their life, effort and insperation.
People are just lazy and rather rip, than make soemthing made from their mind and imagination, its not about just the object stolen, its the effort some people put in that object.

Status
Not open for further replies.