• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why people get disconnected ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello everybody!

I've got a problem with a map of mine. People get nearly everytime disconnected after about 3-4 minutes playing. Not everybody. I played the game yesterday with 3 people and always one got disconnected.
(just once we had luck and noone got disconnected...)

I don't know what the problem is... I know the map is quite full of stuff...
But why do people get disconnected. I could understand it if there was a critical error, then I would know that there must really be something wrong.

Can memory leaks make people disconnect? Or what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance :thumbs_up:

Teddy

Level 6
Maybe it is some Trigger which fires after this time? Some Trigger will lead to disconnects. I dont know if memory leaks will lead to it, but they will slow your map performance down (if there are plenty of leaks).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
This maybe should get moved, this is not about a fault or problem with GUI triggering.

Disable triggers 1 by 1 and test if people still desync. Also get other people to host, fast hosts often disconect slower people. Some camera actions cause splits. Maybe too many actions are run at once causing some people to run behind and so go out of sync. Or maybe impropper use of the "GetLocalPlayer()" function. One can not be sure at first sight, you have to test it majorly to findout what the problem is. Turn triggers off like I said eariler or add text messages that inform one of what triggers are running at the time of the split.

Leaks do not directly cause splits but can help cause them by increasing the recource demand, especialy on older systems. Leaks may even cause crashes if the system has too little RAM memory free but thats only an issue on vista machines with under 1GB of ram. But I strongly recomend that ALL leaks be removed since leaks are easy to stop and can greatly improve the preformance of your map, even to such a degree that more content can be added.

Level 5
I have a trigger that causes the camera of the player activating a spell to rotate 360 around their unit. Is this going to cause problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.