• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My map disconnects everybody in the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
For some reason, my map disconnects everybody except for the host. I tried removing all triggers and try again but it still does. I've only used WC3's own world editor, so I don't know what the reason could be...

Apparently it is desync problem, and some get disconnected while others don't.

Attachments

• InsariusRPG0.02.w3x
    129.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
syncs are caused by triggered animations, whether, deformations or the wait function

you can't do much about deformations, but everything else can be destroyed in trig, and wait can be set to wait in game time

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
syncs are caused by triggered animations, whether, deformations or the wait function
Do you not mean desyncs?

TriggerSleepAction is probably network synchronized so should not cause a desync. All the others will not cause a desync unless their results are used to change game state. For example animations on walkable destructables and terrain deformations in conjunction with GetLocationZ for a physics based projectile system will cause a multiplayer desync.

Weather should never cause a desync as it does nothing to alter game state as far as I know. Obviously you must create the same weather objects for all clients but there should be no issue with hiding/showing them locally.

Level 1
Found a temporary solution, and that was to restart the game. If you have freshly started the game, it'll work. Don't know the cause though, the map ain't complicated or big.

Status
Not open for further replies.