• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hello guys! Happy New Year! I hope this is the right forum for my question which is:

I've had my map [Sunken City] going for couple of years now. It's been a long time and many, many, many times a weird thing occured to me. It's a 3-player map and after playing it for some time the other 2 guys disconnect. I play through Garena and occasionaly through Game Ranger.

I've had some ideas of my own about that:
•I thought it could be something related with the map, but the disconnect never happens on the same place/time. It could be 20 mins after starting or 40 mins.
•I strongly believe that the bug is in Garena. Recently I found a video made of 3 Russian guys that I do not know, that recorded their game. During the video a Garena sound can be heard which confirms that they use Garena to play. The guys stop playing because 2 of them get disconnected. You can see what actually happens in the last 20 seconds of the video.

Video

**Note: According to my observations the host remains in the game. The other guys get message: "You were disconnected". The same thing happened to me and to the guys in the video.

This is a serious problem and it happened many times. Not always but really often.

•Do you know what causes the problem?
•Is it Garena?
•Is it the map?
:con:

Tell me your thoughts. Help will be appreciated.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Assuming the problem only occurs with that specific map and you have no problems playing other maps, then I would guess the map is to blame.

The thing is that (it may sound weird to you) I don't play other games. Maybe Castle Fight from time to time, but that's it. And indeed it never happened before.

Do you happen to use GetLocalPlayer() or GetLocationZ() functions in your map?

I have imported spells and systems. I can't say for sure until I look through them. It is possible.

The thing is that (it may sound weird to you) I don't play other games. Maybe Castle Fight from time to time, but that's it. And indeed it never happened before.
In that case the disconnects may just as well be connection problems on your part.
If you really want to find out, try playing and hosting some other maps.

I have imported spells and systems. I can't say for sure until I look through them. It is possible.
You could remove all the imported systems from the map and play it for an hour to see if it causes the disconnect or not.

The GetLocalPlayer() function can easily cause a desync if misused.
The GetLocationZ() function is often used in projectile systems and can sometimes cause desync if there are terrain deformations occurring in the map (generated by triggers or abilities like stomp or shockwave).

Vunjo

Level 14
Map may require better internet connection because of the complex systems and/or pretty much the amount of triggers it uses. However, garena is definetely bugged when it comes to disconnecting.

For example, approx out of 20 games I had, all with different maps, I had 6 disconnects. Average length of the game was ~45 minutes. It wasn't my connection, since all other programmes, and all other internet connections were stable. But that's not all, since other players were disconnecting as well, and that's not something new for garena.

Status
Not open for further replies.