• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Why my summoned units die when I morph?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
What morph skill are you using?That shouldn't happen.

Or you can just base your summon skill of "summon water elemental" type thing, instead of "feral spirit" thing.

I tried feral spirit and bear form the result is that they disappear when i morph. then I tried with metamorphosis and they dont disappear, but metamorphosis has limit. I dont want it to have limit

update: I tried with metamorphosis in my map, but it also kills my summoned units. In other tests map doesn't. why? :O

update 2: i made feral spirit out of another ability and when i summon my wolves and after i morph the shaman dies after the wolves die? :O why?

Last edited:
Level 2
If you are using a certain unit to morph, I'd have a spell that calls upon a dummy unit to spawn the units for the morphing unit.

The dummy unit would probably be immensely consuming, though. If all you need to do is summon the... summoned units when you morph, then just trigger it through a condition and not through a spell.

Not sure if that helps.

Level 21
I don't know how relevant it is, but non-hero morphs actually kill the morphing unit(s). This is hard to prove directly, but I encountered this when I tried to use Mount on heroes. The hero was simply killed and hidden, making it revivable.
This is also likely the reason why metamorphosis did not have this problem.

it's that simple...
  • cast wolves
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Feral Spirit (Shaman)(W)
    • Actions
      • Set Feral_Loc = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Change ownership of Crystal to (Owner of (Casting unit)) and Retain color
      • Unit - Move Crystal instantly to Feral_Loc
      • Unit - Order Crystal to Orc Far Seer - Feral Spirit
      • Unit - Move Crystal instantly to Center

Status
Not open for further replies.