• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to discount an summon from the spell's max unit allowed after the summon morphs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
For the nerubians i am using a modified scarab spell, which summons a cocoon out of a nearby corpse, which is also generated by the building. The Cocoon can later morph into a plethora of different units.
The thing is i have to limit their production, and the whole cocoon thing started as a means of that. So the production structure would have this ability on auto-cast and maintain only 3 Cocoons at a time. (blatantly inspired by zerg hatchery mechanic in SC)

Now i must find a way to discount the cocoon from the spell's max units at a time after it has morphed into any of those units, so the auto-cast can continue, for otherwise still 'detects' those morphed units as still living summons and ability stops auto-casting till any unit that have evolved from a cocoon ever summoned by this spell belonging to that production building, have died for good. However you can still cast manually(generate new cocoons) and ability functions as intended otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.