• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Summoning... well sort of summoning spell question

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the units in my map needed 2 be summoned into battlefield instead of being train/builded from structure; so i need a summoning spell.
and
u need 2 pay gold and/or lumber 2 cast that spell
the summoned unit last 4ever and cost food (i kno how 2 do this line)
and
i need an animation 4 the summoning process
i need an animation of a portal and that unit coming out of the portal.
also
the unit i'm summoning will be an air unit
thx 4 all info

Level 12
You do realize that a summoned unit that costs gold and lumber and food is nearly a normal unit that you can train from a building, well i dont really know much about triggering spells but i dont think it can be that hard. Also this is not a question as you say you "need" stuff.

Level 9
I think you should remove all the effects of your spell.. use the triggers for creating the units and checking for available gold/lumber before creating it, then use triggers to add effects. Its a lot easier to do that way.

Level 4
I think you should remove all the effects of your spell.. use the triggers for creating the units and checking for available gold/lumber before creating it, then use triggers to add effects. Its a lot easier to do that way.

Make it trainable and apply it an expiration timer whenever it enters playable map area?.. A lot easier way.

Level 9
Amadi there's no timer, they said the unit lasts forever.

u need 2 pay gold and/or lumber 2 cast that spell
the summoned unit last 4ever and cost food (i kno how 2 do this line)
and
i need an animation 4 the summoning process
i need an animation of a portal and that unit coming out of the portal.
also
the unit i'm summoning will be an air unit
thx 4 all info

Use a summoning spell and 'set property' actions to change the gold, and a check of gold being more than 2. Also food should be used by the unit as long as it has a food cost in the object editor. As for the effects, make it so that when the unit starts casting the ability a portal is made where you designate it in triggers with offsets, hide the last summoned unit, move it to the portal while hidden, unhide it and create the desired spec. effect at position of that unit (probably something like the 'summon bear/hawk' effects would look best, or animate dead if its a demon. Then remove the portal (probably need a variable for the portal in case more abilities summon effects/destructibles), and that should work.

Oh and I assume this is an ability you're basing it off is one that already summons the unit... if it is bought or trained then instantly comes out somewhere else you'd use 'create unit' instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.