• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Tech Upgrade for summoned unit based of spell level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys, i am trying to make a summoning spell using only 1 unit, and giving it a tech upgrade that is leveled up based on level of the summoning spell, but seems like i am missing something, this is what i made so far.
  • [trigger]Wolf Summon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Summon Wolf (Hunter BEAST MASTERY)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Wolf (Level 1)
          • (Level of Summon Wolf (Hunter BEAST MASTERY) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the current research level of Wolf STATS to 1 for (Owner of (Summoned unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Wolf (Level 1)
              • (Level of Summon Wolf (Hunter BEAST MASTERY) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Set the current research level of Wolf STATS to 2 for (Owner of (Summoned unit))
            • Else - Actions[\trigger]

Level 9
Remove the conditions '(Unit-type of (Summoned unit))...'

And change '(Owner of (Summoned unit))' to 'Triggering Player'.

Or you might even remove all these if then else blocks, and put it to something like this:

• Player - Set the current research level of Wolf STATS to (Level of Summon Wolf (Hunter BEAST MASTERY) for (Triggering unit)) for (Triggering Player)

Last edited:
Level 9
Remove the conditions '(Unit-type of (Summoned unit))...'

And change '(Owner of (Summoned unit))' to 'Triggering Player'.

Or you might even remove all these if then else blocks, and put it to something like this:

• Player - Set the current research level of Wolf STATS to (Level of Summon Wolf (Hunter BEAST MASTERY) for (Triggering unit)) for (Triggering Player)
Thanks a lot mate ! Sorry for such newbie problem, i am new :D

Status
Not open for further replies.