• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I discovered how to auto summon units without triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been trying to find a way to get a unit to auto summon healing wards after a certain set of time using only abilities without triggers, and I found out how.

1) Give the unit the graveyard ability called "Create Corpse". This will make it so it auto generates corpses around the unit after a certain period of time. You can edit the ability so it doesn't create gravestones around the unit, edit the timing of the corpses, the spawn radius, etc...

2) Then edit the "Raise Dead (Neutral Hostile)" ability to create healing wards (or your summoned unit of choice) instead of skeleton warriors. Give that ability to your unit.

3) Set the new "Raise Dead (Neutral Hostile)" ability to the default active ability for that unit. (I named my summoning ability "Healing Ward (Auto)")

The unit will now automatically generate corpses, and automatically instantly turn them into your desired summoned unit.

Warcraft 3 Creating Corpses.jpg
Warcraft 3 Creating Corpses 2.jpg

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
This doesn't even seem to belong here...
2. Try to explain your question or problem in detail;
You don't present any problem with your trigger, rather a solution for a "future person" who would have this problem. I Suggest you to contact a moderator and let him move this thread to the appropriate place.

Level 3
This doesn't even seem to belong here...

You don't present any problem with your trigger, rather a solution for a "future person" who would have this problem. I Suggest you to contact a moderator and let him move this thread to the appropriate place.
It's not a trigger. That's the point of the post. But where would the appropriate place be to post this? This section is called "World editor help zone".

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The unit will now automatically generate corpses, and automatically instantly turn them into your desired summoned unit.
This is also the problem with the approach.
summoned unit
Summoned units are subject to damage from dispels and other such abilities. A trigger created unit is not summoned and so is treated like a normal unit with that regard.

Level 3
This is also the problem with the approach.

Summoned units are subject to damage from dispels and other such abilities. A trigger created unit is not summoned and so is treated like a normal unit with that regard.
If you don't want the unit to be a temporary summoned unit, then you can use "Carrion Beetle" instead of "Raise Dead", so the unit is permanent. I believe dispells still work on them though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.