• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why does the world tree always blow up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Takakenji, if you would have read all my post you should have seen that all the things you said already had been said by me. so why saying it again?

Level 8
why are we discussing sources? get on the topic, the source of something does not mater at this point. we were discussing the world trees not damn sources.

Level 3
why are you even arguing about source validity? because the original world tree is destroyed, the NE's lost their immortality. that's it..

so let me get this straight.. the only thing the new world tree does is protection from diseases for the night elves?

Level 8
where did you get that idea? teldrassil is just a big tree, a display of the night elfs connection to nature and location of the city darnassus nothing more.

Level 3
ahaha sorry.. i thought that it continued the last world tree's duties.. so now its nothing more but a traditional figure and a city-carrier.. good enough for me.. all hail the great world tree!!

Level 8
no, teldrassil is powerless to the NE.

it was corrupted.

aka, it's just a bigass tree, it does NOTHING for the NE but they are still trying to restore/purify it.
you do it again oO, i already said that. are you going to mimic my every post?

Level 8
but you can read the posts after your last, i ALWAYS do that before i post anything. like that you prevent missing something important.

Level 6
Who cares about a stinkin tree and a bunch of purple elves? The Orcs are going to kill them all anyway and use their stupid, big tree as a source of lumber to build their first Empire in the world of Azeroth. At least thats what I would do if I was Thrall. LONG LIVE THE HORDE!!!!

Level 8
OK it does NOT contain unlimited lumber. and a normal world tree isn't powerful at all. it only becomes powerful when it receives the blessing. witch only nordrassil got and nordrassil is now gone kaboom dead.

Level 31
so its jsut a big fatass tree with a crapload of wood? do any of you realize how difficult it would be to CHOP down the world tree? hell its smallest branches are about the size of a great seqouia (three highway lanes) so you be twigging. rofl this thread is phail nao.

nordrassil is actually fairly small in WoW

teldrassil is like... wow

it literally covered the whole island it was grown on

Level 8
NO. WoW = messed up lore. the lore exists. and aside from the REAL lore WoW lore exists. so pleas DO NOT compare them. that is one of the things i cannot stand.

Level 9
It's too bad, now that I think about it, the only ones that received a respectable death in warcraft iii - wow lore are Cenarius (by grom), Tichondrius (by Illidan), Mannoroth (by Grom again), and Grom (don't feel bad, you killed two god-like beings), whereas Illidan and gang, as well as Arthas end up being killed by *ragtag group of people who want PvE gear*

Level 18
Well... This was made so for the sake of balance. So that the players are more active than the lore characters who are regarded as NPC-s. I bet they'll say "Illidan was killed by Maiev, Akama and a group of mercenaries", "Arthas was defeated by Jaina, Sylvanas and soldiers of the Alliance and Horde" etc.

Level 3
blizzard just twisted the truth for WOW.. i know a lot of us are frustrated of the lore conflicts (im am for sure) but guys, lets not cry over spilled milk guys, there is nothing we can do about the lore issue.. and lets get our asses back on topic.. :)

Level 19
Or... They could make it like a giant Onion (Or that giant vegetable in a story, was it a tulip?), which has underground stems:)

Status
Not open for further replies.