• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

White Trees...Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im trying to make a tree that looks a certain way(i wanna change the size)and i see no way to edit the trees/destrcutables so I try to edit a tree that is in the enviroment section.When iI try to change the model ...it either says 'cannot load (the model name) and puts a pink box :x ...and when i try it som times with a different variation..it shows me a white tree(in-game and in-editor).Anyone know how or why it is happening this way and how do i make a tree that isnt white? :roll:

Is there any negative effects from having LOTS of doodads in your map?If so..what are they and what can i do to fix it besides deleting some?

How do I get durability on items(making them not add thier damaage/defense/etc. making them usless untill repaired).How to make items have visual durability checker.And how would i make them repairable using a merchant.
I'm not using alot of flaming doodads..just trees and fences and stuff.

I still dont know what you mean by..."That's happens when youselect the wrong .mdl file in the object editor for the trees.Its an easy fix."....then how do I make a tree bigger and smaller and other stuff that I can't do when i select the object editor and the only files I can select don't include Trees/Destructables(Meaning:When I click "Create New Custom Doodad" And try to choose the base Model File and other properties,I can't select Trees/Destructables.And I can't edit the regular Trees/Destructables on the standard doodads list).I just wanna make the old gray tree that Blood Raven stands under in Diablo2/LOD looks most like the tree she stands by;Tall,No leaves,Just plain old
Any ideas of how to do that?

Not only can i not post anywaye les that edit..you still given me NO FREAKING INFO OF HOW TO MAKE A TRREE!

Level 22
That's happens when you select the wrong .mdl file in the object editor for the trees. Its an easy fix.

It can be bad to have a lot of doodads only if the doodads have a lotn of special effects on them (i.e. flame doodads) which can cause lag. Asides from that, the only other negative effect is that it increases your map's file size. But if you ask me, the more decorative doodads you have, the better.
-VGsatomi

Level 8
ok if u want a tree to be something other than a destructible and it comes up as a white tree, use WEU's enhancer tool (comes with world editor unlimited) and edit the map and check the box 'Include tree units'

that will import the trees as a unit, then just borrow the new units path... it does add a little bit to file size but you can always delete the ones you dont want :D

People say WEU is for newbs, but really... if you have a good enough connection for a bigger map, it just makes things 50x easier for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.