• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why does the world tree always blow up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Well, the very ORIGINAL 'great tree' (forgot the name) blew up, then Alexstrasza used an acorn from that tree to plant Nordrassil, which blew up. Then they also planted Grizzlemaw, which fell down. Then they made Teldrassil, which got corrupted. Now, finally, when Nordrassil is healed, Ragnaros comes from underground and tries to blow it up.

Why can't the elves keep it in like some place were they can't find it? srsly

Level 6
They like seeing Archimonde rape it? o.o

X.e.r.e.X: They can use some type of magic to hide it...but it would be kind of weird smacking right into nothing :p.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Cause at the time the worldtree got blown up, it was underattack by the most powerful demon forged from the darkness of oblivion capable of burning worlds in seconds. However since the event he got demoted to a denari.

Blame WoW for this major failure. Archimonde used to be more powerful (thus why he was so rigged in WC3).

Level 3
so.. why the world tree keeps exploding?

1. its better than the pyrolympics..
2. maybe its so huge, its blocking Archimonde's view
3. maybe the ones who cause it to explode doesnt even know why its there!
4. ...................................................... are trigger-happy

why not hide it?

1. its the WORLD TREE.. make it invisible and it losses its popularity.
2. Its BIG, another reason why it is the World tree
3. its beautiful. why hide it?

but seriously guys.. why is there even a world tree? i know a lot about warcraft lore but never encountered what the world tree actually does. is it really required?

Level 8
thats the point... gravity is a law of physics a world tree blowing up isn't... why the world tree is always targeted is because it's an IMMENSE source of power and life. tough teldrasil isn't to be compared to the original since it never received the blessing. and why the world tree was created in the first place you ask? simple. it was grown over the NEW smaller well of eternity to hide it's presence from the legion. remember illidan took vials filled whit the water of the well and then put them in a lake ontop of hajyal. that is why he was imprisoned in the first place. the world tree also is the secret behind the Nelfs imortality.

Level 8
eh i see it as my duty as Lorekeeper. and who the heck compares a World tree to gravity it's just... weird.

Level 13
Gravity isn't a law? Then fly! Do it, float right off the planet.

You mean like....

173034-albums2710-picture23808.png

Level 8
no Nordrassil IS the original world tree planted over a lake on top of mount hajyal. it was planted by the druids to cover up the NEW well of eternity Illidan had created. the dragonflights gave it the blessing of life. this blessing made the Night elves imortal. no it didn't stop the from aging. it made them imortal, or imortal by old age i mean. Nordrasil was then destroyed by archimonde and the druids planted a new tree. Teldrasil, this tree however did not recieve the blessing since it was against the ways of the druids. and on top of this tree the city of darnassus is located.

Level 31
okay, i've seen tons of lore errors, i'll clear stuff up for everyone

1. There are a total of three world trees in Azeroth, Nordrassil (the one in Warcraft III), Teldrassil (a newly planted one, MUCH bigger than Nordrassil, though this was corrupted and did not recieve the blessing of nature like Nordrassil did, causing it to become corrupted and some of the wildlife within it to be crazed. Darnassus is built on the top of Teldrassil.), and Vordrassil, a failed world tree which was taken down because it was discovered its roots were being corrupted by an Old God, later revealed to be Yogg-Saron. Vordrassil's remains are now the Furbolg city of Grizzlemaw.

Since I did not see this answered for the people who asked "why do we even need a world tree?", here it is.

The World Tree granted the Night Elves Immortality, though if you watch the cinematics in the end of the Night Elf Campaign in RoC Malfurion explains to Tyrande he knows a way to destroy Archimonde, though it would require the power of the World Tree and giving up their immortality. Malfurion was successful, but their immortality was lost. Even though it was lost the Night Elves still live extremely long lives to over 800 years.

Last edited:
Level 9
It does however seem right though, high elves don't live nearly as long as night elves, the current numbers for how long they live without tree immortality is very small when you look at how long they've been alive with immortality, 10,000+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.