• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trees and treants

Status
Not open for further replies.
TanT

TREES AND TREANTS

Description

Trees and Treants is a single player defense type of map where you defend the World Tree from its destroyers, the corrupted treants. The game is just very easy to play.

GamePlay

Plant trees in each lanes to protect the world tree from the threats of the corrupted treants.

update for gameplay
The trees will grow up to level 3. You will have to nourish it so it can grow up to the last level. It will die if you don't water it.
Every 30 seconds a group of corrupted treants will spawn to attack and destroy the World Tree. Stop them from coming into it by planting trees. You can plant new trees when they are available. Hard Wood Trees can be turned into a good treant to fight the corrupted ones.

Tree Levels

1. succulent - life = 5; cost = 10 water
2. Soft Wood Trees - life = 10; cost = 25 water
3. Hard Wood Trees - life = 20; cost = 50 water. This can be turned into a treant which costs to only 20 golds

Corrupted treant Levels

There will be 10 levels of the corrupted treants.

Screenies

109189d1324697027-trees-treants-terrain.jpg

109790d1326022538-trees-treants-treeas-treants_tree-levels.jpg

TEAM MEMBERS

eubz - Project Leader, 3d artist,
jollyd - 2d artist

BETA Testers

dragoon431
ken-E
Final-Burn

NOTICE
Terrain image is here. Some updates will be done soon.

jollyd is now the project's 2d artist
NEEDED
I really need an icon creator: You may post in this thread or in my Project Recruitment Thread.

Attachments

• Terrain.jpg
    Terrain.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:
Updated with the terrain image. I really want some feedback from the community.
Thank you.

Well, if you want to help me develop this map, all I need are a coder - GUI or JASS and an icon creator/maker.

thank you again in advance.

EDIT
I will be working on triggers. It will be GUI.

UPDATES
1. Tree Levels has already been done.

I need your comments about the map so it can be improved to make it much better.
======================================
EDIT
beta version has been edited. Please check it out.

Attachments

• Trees and Treants (beta).w3x
    268.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Trees and Treants (beta)Edited.w3x
    268.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
attachment.php

The terrain in its process Map Development.
===============================================================

EDIT:
Some images for the newest terrain and in game screen shots.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

===========================================

The team, composed only of two users, managed to move on and finished the beta version of the map.

What we need are the beta testers.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_123111_194246_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_123111_194246_01.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 496
  • Treeas and Treants_Tree Levels.jpg
    Treeas and Treants_Tree Levels.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 483
  • Terrain1.jpg
    Terrain1.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 452
  • Terrain2.jpg
    Terrain2.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 468
  • WC3ScrnShot_012312_132128_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_012312_132128_01.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 304
  • WC3ScrnShot_012312_133321_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_012312_133321_01.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 353
  • WC3ScrnShot_012312_151741_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_012312_151741_01.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Level 15
Oh man! plenty of updates but no comments?!
Anyway, this looks like a promising minigame tower defense. Also its single player, love single player, because you don't have host your maps on Garena and wait for a 'dotard' asked "Hey, what's this lame looking game?"

Anyway, I should've seen this before eubz. :)

Level 6
Cool, the terrain is look good.
But, you must import good rock, the rock seem not implement.
Give small rock too on the plaint (Road).
I seem eubz is too much work, could promote him to model moderator?

Level 6
How to play on Garena?
I don't know it, witch wc3 patch is 1.26? or what?
What Garena IP, and Timezone?
Please, i don't know it.

Level 6
Corp << Add this to your map.
Stove << No needed.
Axe << Why?
Lumber jack << Low proirity
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember, the tree's is grown, not cheap fast grow.
So, you need be waiting to grown up the tree's.
And so, you need water too.
And, you must going up, don't be late to brushing the tree's corp.

Level 6
Don't call me that "dude", call me IceFox :D.
-----------------------------------------------
Mud add on there? But LoL.
Nice:
When at day, trees become more stronger!
After night, tree become weak, and fall ( Faded :( ).

Level 7
Improvement needed

ok man, comments have arrived.

terrain: 3/5
Fun:3/5
Triggers:5/5
Functionality:2/5

Reasons:
First off i like the terrain. i could use it in my maps, the triggers are organized, and it looks like it could work. however the human peasant does not complete building the tree, it simply just places it. question, how long have you been using editor? just wondering. see the problem lays in the customized Tree Farmer, you removed all abilities that the standard peasant needs to build which would actually be believe it or not, repairing. fix that so it is playable please. i love the models, those are not in question 5/5. if it takes water to upgrade the trees, change the image of gold and lumber to like a wave of something, i could probably do it if you want also, i know this is a beta but you may want to add more units variation. make it more interesting :) keep us the good work good luck and please fix, and also not being mean, just trying to make this map the best it could be. i have to be meticulous because the mods are extremely so.

Level 15
Okay I have played the map!
It was good like any other of your minigames, having a mass of corrupted treants hordes your way. I like the concept of yours, always with the simplicity, although I came across some problems:
*Farmer should be given a blink ability because it sometimes gets stuck between plants.
*Add more variety of both good and bad treants, corrupted boss units like the Ancient Protector, I would also suggest you mixed the treants. ;)
*The numbers of the plants could easily exploited, it goes like quantity over quality, the treants are too slow and incompetent on the paced of the waves, not only that its costly! Well anyway, I did take two playthroughs, first playthrough, I made treants and plants, with this strategy, I lost at wave 8, so I revised my strategy and made everything tower plant, the quantity of plants killed most of the bad guys and made the game too easy!
*Leaf projectile was creative but you could change as the plants gets upgraded, to add more 'oomph!'
*The portal should be a root, like on the Deer race on Monolith, that way, its less bizarre to see on the woods.
*Fix race, either Human or NE
*My suggestion would be, separation of Treants to the plant towers, how 'bout make a production building for the Treants and the plants are towers alone, Idk, this is my idea.
Anyway don't quit on this map just yet, its got a good future. :D

Level 7
Okay I have played the map!
It was good like any other of your minigames, having a mass of corrupted treants hordes your way. I like the concept of yours, always with the simplicity, although I came across some problems:
*Farmer should be given a blink ability because it sometimes gets stuck between plants.
*Add more variety of both good and bad treants, corrupted boss units like the Ancient Protector, I would also suggest you mixed the treants. ;)
*The numbers of the plants could easily exploited, it goes like quantity over quality, the treants are too slow and incompetent on the paced of the waves, not only that its costly! Well anyway, I did take two playthroughs, first playthrough, I made treants and plants, with this strategy, I lost at wave 8, so I revised my strategy and made everything tower plant, the quantity of plants killed most of the bad guys and made the game too easy!
*Leaf projectile was creative but you could change as the plants gets upgraded, to add more 'oomph!'
*The portal should be a root, like on the Deer race on Monolith, that way, its less bizarre to see on the woods.
*Fix race, either Human or NE
*My suggestion would be, separation of Treants to the plant towers, how 'bout make a production building for the Treants and the plants are towers alone, Idk, this is my idea.
Anyway don't quit on this map just yet, its got a good future. :D

Yes, this is what i was saying in my previous post, mine was just shorter and less descriptive XD good post though +rep

Level 19
Well I have tested the map.
I would give it a 3/5 though.

Here are some suggestions:
- More units. Maybe add like a swampy tree which hurls swampy water, which can deal dps. Also a plant trap, which maybe could trap approaching nearby units. But after it used its effect it dies.
- Farmer should either fly or have max speed. Also they should have blink.
- Treeants should be separated, as Ken-E said. Maybe make a building at a corner.
- Longer map. It would be better if the map were to be longer. Maybe each segment with effects. Like maybe the end of the map would be a mountain. It would have a messy roar, with twists and turns.
- Have some twists in the road. Straight makes it easier for those treeants and less oppurtunity for the trees to attack.

Level 6
Same reason guy's

Cooldown:
- Make trees randomly facing.
- Make corrupted treant's more much bigger every level.
- Can add bosses?
- The treant is too small i think.
- Co'ordinate icon change X=0 Y=0
- Make water to Dark Brown Red Or Greeny Dark.

Reason:
Just like PvZ (Plants versus Zombies).
Cool Single Player that defending World Tree from victim (Corrupted Treant).
Epic, 3D Model is very real, But Not Real Time Playing Game.
Very Intrusting, bring childrent to save our world from Global Warming!

Status
Not open for further replies.