• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which the best Sonic series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
My favorite sonic game out of that list?
Sonic Adventure 2
Good Story
Good Music
Good graffics
Even can play as Dr Robotnic (Dr Eggman) which I like!

"Citizens of earth lend me your ears and listen very carefully! My name is Dr Eggman and im the world's greatest Scientist soon to be the world's greatest ruler!"

Level 25
Pfff, you've left out the best games in the series

Out of them, I'd have to say Sonic Adventure 1. People getting to go into varying levels and go through different paths, and a sorta-Ice Cap zone. Though the original Ice Cap is the greatest

Out of all Sonic games, the best is Sonic 3 and Knuckles combinded. There is just nothing greater than the perfection that is that game

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
In my opinion Sonic adventure 2 is better than sonic 3 and knuckles.
In sonic adventure 2 there is not that great preasure to finish a level perfectly first time since you can always come back unlike S3+K where if you make too many mistakes you will not get all chaos emeralds (incomplete win).

I prefer the graffics from Sonic adventure 1 since they look more cartoon like and match the style of sonic. The sonic adventure 2 graffics look too real but it makes up for it with good plot and good gamplay.

S3+K was also too difficult and took 100s of game overs to win if you were starting to play it.
Sonic adventure 1 was too easy and the levels were too straight forward.
Sonic adventure 2 has difficult parts and tons of secrets aswell as many diffrent side quests(chao garden).

Level 25
Dr Super Good said:
In my opinion Sonic adventure 2 is better than sonic 3 and knuckles.
In sonic adventure 2 there is not that great preasure to finish a level perfectly first time since you can always come back unlike S3+K where if you make too many mistakes you will not get all chaos emeralds (incomplete win).

Uh... You could go back to the levels and get them later you know?

S3+K was also too difficult and took 100s of game overs to win if you were starting to play it.
Sonic adventure 1 was too easy and the levels were too straight forward.
Sonic adventure 2 has difficult parts and tons of secrets aswell as many diffrent side quests(chao garden).

Uh... You're saying that Sonic Adventure 2 was good while Sonic 3 and K was too hard? Excuse me? Sonic Adventure 2 was freaking easymode. There was only one main path, no choice basically, and then you had to repeat the levels about 5 more times which sucked. Oh, and then there was the shooting and treasure hunting, which took up too much time and doesn't belong in a Sonic game at all. The speed levels were ok. Nothing flash. Nothing like the almighty Flying Battery or the awe-inspiring Wing Fortress. And the chao... Meh. I didn't buy the game for some small things. I bought it for old fasioned Sonic action

Sonic 3 and K is how games SHOULD be made. That is far from too hard. Hard is Metalic Madness Act 2 on Sonic CD, having to beat that under ten minutes

Level 2
Negative negative negative. Thats all you post about Mecheon. Just respect other peoples opinion.

About the games, Sonic Adventure 1 because of the cool characters and the Chao garden, or whatever it's called.

Level 25
Phendranan said:
Negative negative negative. Thats all you post about Mecheon. Just respect other peoples opinion.

What can I say? I'm a negative person brought up in the glory days of systems and not liking how todays youth are being brought up

Bah, in my day we had 2D graphics! You'd have to immagene your precious third dimension! Didn't have any crazy censorship debates either

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
S3+K is realy tough. . .
The simplicity of 2D graffics they made up with difficulty and I mean alot of difficuly.
I can assure you the first time you did a tricky part in S3+K you will have died since you did not know what to do or where to go or when to jump or run.
S3+K basicaly you had to remember all parts of the level and what to do in them and it was easy.
Sonic adventure 2 uses 3D graffics. . .
If they made the levels as complex as thoughs in S3+K it would be vitualy impossiable to complete.
The only thing I "hate" about Sonic adventure 2 is the Chaos raising being NEEDED for all emblems.
The chao rasing was added to be a "side quest" so that you get chao drives and animals to feed/give them to make you play it for longer.

Why is SEGA wasting its time making rubish like "Shadow the Hedgehog" and "Sonic Rush"?

Why dont they make a 3D remake of sonic 1-4.
It would be a cool game and the longest single sega game they would have made.
The levels would have to be created based on the orignal levels to adjust for the 3D graffics.
It could also have cinimatics of important plotpoints that were orignaly explained by pictures or not at all explained (like how did sonic suddenly meet Miles tails Prower from S1-S2).
But I guess Sonic Team is helping fill the landfills of this planet by making a "Shadow the Hedgehog 2" or a "Sonic Rush 2". . .

Level 25
Rush was ok. But I don't exactly want everything to be zomg 3D

The camera angles suck horribly. Add that to something like Flying Battery or Scrap Brain and you don't get nice. You get Sonic falling off a platform or flying into a chainsaw he didn't see

Level 5
Dr Super Good said:
Why is SEGA wasting its time making rubish like "Shadow the Hedgehog" and "Sonic Rush"?

Watch your mouth!! :evil:
I can't let you say if `Shadow The hedgehog' is a rubish just because you don't like the game. Why don't you use a smoother word!! And you're not only hurting the fans that like that game but also hurting SEGA for saying that!! :evil:

[I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed]

Status
Not open for further replies.