• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sonic Model - Screenshot Availble! See First post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
That's right Sonic Fans, I'm working on a sonic model...
I plan to do the following

-Sonic
-Tails
-Amy
-Shadow
-Knuckles

Why am I doing them? For my latest project, Sonic adventure online.

And i am protecting it manually, which means not even the most effective de-protecter can crack it's models glory =p

Sonic.png

Level 6
Ah, shit

Ah, shit...I've reached a obstacle and am going to need the war3 art tools...which means i'm going to need to downgrade to 3ds max 5...

It's going to take a bit, but yeah I can afford it...the model should come out by next week though.

Level 5
Asides from the arms being a little skinny, it's looking real good. I know this seems like a dumb question but is it possible for the team color to be linked to the blue section's of Sonic's fur? If it is, I believe that it might be possible to hit two birds with one stone when the obvious choice for Sonic's ultimate skill is taken into consideration. (Similar logic with Shadow.)

Level 6
Well, teamcoloring fur i'm afraid will be hard to do, so it probably can't be helped.

Why do i need 3ds max 5 ? 1. Animations are alot harder ( for me when your used to 3ds max ) , I worked on this model with 3ds max 7, which means I need to find some way to get it to .mdx.

Animations are hard as shit too, don't you need art tools for making animations ? This is my first ' warcraft model ' so, i dont know that much about animating.

Level 25
Yeah, you'd want 3DS Max 5 because it has the best Warcraft exporter

And I don't know about the importer/exporter from 7. All reports I've heard don't point towards it working well, rather working more like the Gmax one, IE: Buggy at best

Level 2
That Sonic model looks awesome. gj man, cant wait for the models to be finished :)

Want me to make icons for them?

Level 9
I dont think you took into account the size of the model. B/c you wont be able to host it online if your map is over 4mb... So you need to reduce a few polys. And somehow i doubt every sonic character could fit into 1 tiny map.

Prehaps a campaign?

Level 6
Metal_Sonic said:
Paranoid are we?
Yes
Metal_Sonic said:
And Metal Knuckles? Pff, how many times do we see him?
In one game, Sonic R
Metal_Sonic said:
If your gonig to do sonic, at least have the decency to do Tails next.
I never said for him to do Metal Knuckles next, I was asking him if he wanted to make it in general. I was working on one, but it is nothing compaired to this super detailed model of 5 polys.

Level 11
Uh...5 polygons...theres something wrong here.
You can't even make a whole cube with polygons.
Maybe you need to use the actual polygon counter.
In max go under the hammer icon (forget what it's called)to the far right.
There is a "more" button if you scroll down.
Click it and find the word polygon counter.
CLick that and check the tri's and then the polygons.
But don't forget to have the model selected while doing this.

Level 5
I think Shadow's refering to Sonic's punches and kicks rather than the animation linked to Sonic Wave (the white shockwave with light blue edges). Speaking of animations, I think Shadow's Chaos Blast animation would be an appropriate channel animation for him. In regards to a super form (for Sonic and Shadow) animation, it might be a good idea to transfer the Demon Hunter's metamorphosis animation.

RiO

RiO

Level 1
Re: Believe it or not...

Redsonic said:
This will be shocking...

But i managed to make the model with only a poly count of 5!

Haha. Dude, the 5 polygons message it spits out is an ERROR MESSAGE. Those are polygons that have bad normals. (You might want to look into that as well!)
From looks, I'd estimate the model at about 2000 polygons, give or take 300.

Good model though. Reminds me of the Sonic model for Quake 3.

Level 5
Do you have any progress updates to report? (i.e. new screen shots of any of the models, any problems, what the skin looks like.) Although I can't do anything in the modeling department, I can give some ideas for animations.

Level 6
Update!

Update! Long time no see. Well, heres the business.

As most of you may know, Bustr_Bladr ripped off my work, support it's deletion here. http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=3615&sid=

Anywho, heres the update.

I am now working on the SHADOW MODEL and plan to release SONIC, SHADOW, AMY, TAILS, and KNUCKLES as a whole.( those 5 models are the characters in my sonic game so thats why im using those 5 models. )

So, keep in touch for that, And Bustr_Bladr, if your reading this instead of your model comments.

You really need to ask before ripping peoples work off like that.

Level 5
It's good to hear you're back in business. I'll be looking foward to seeing your work. :) I do have some questions for you.
1. In regards to the Amy model, which version of her is it; the pre Sonic Adventure form or the current form?
2. What kinds of animations are each of the characters going to have? (More of a curiosity question, since I'm excited about this new update and would like to learn more.)

Status
Not open for further replies.