• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which race would you like to see become playable in WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Drakonids are not the same as Half Dragons, there are some slight differences, wich I'm not going to state becouse I am lazy, And in WCIII humans have misshaped squares as hands, so whats the difference? and for neburians, a pants could cover the back body, and if you make a Nerubian mutate to a humanoid, you just have to erase the back body, rearange the legs and put everything a bit more Humanoid, so that it can walk straight, it doesn't fall over when it walks (wich means it has to have good feet, like ours but then a bit more Insect) The arms will be positioned from in front of the body to the side of the body (In the manner they are holding them) And voila, a mutated Nerubian humanoid.

Level 26
Since when does the number of polygons on a model effect its lore and written depiction of its capability to hold weapons?
I figured if anyone was going to nitpick at a point I made, it was going to be about the "hands" thing. I don't know how a real nerubian looks, because i'm not a footman. I only know that the things on their arms do not look weapon friendly and the rest of the things I said.

Level 11
Nurubian.jpg

Drawn Concept art of Nerubians from Blizzard, even though it is outdated ><, which means they possibly can hold weapons.

Level 26
Nurubian.jpg

Drawn Concept art of Nerubians from Blizzard, even though it is outdated ><, which means they possibly can hold weapons.
Whaddya know. Anyhow, blizzard would have to make one hell of a stretch in gameplay to allow a six legged fatass to be played.
Groudon411 said:
No i hate this guy and i say -5 rep
You give me an approval rep to say that? Grow up.

Level 25
Nerubians can easily hold weapons

However, six-legged creatures cannot ride mounts intended for two-legged creatures, and therefore Nerubians will not be playable due to their inability to ride any mounts, including using flight paths

No, Blizzard is not going to "mutate" this race so they can suddenly ride mounts because that would be stupid and destroy half of what the race is liked for

Level 4
They'll get their own mount. or they'll get plainsrunning or something. if you think blizzard is afraid of all-changing retcons, look again.

as to races, having belves would be nice.

Level 18
NO they do not
Why would they?
Are they intelligent..NO
They are enslaved by Naga for crying out loud
Sure they could twist the lore
And everyone would love it..I know I would :p
But then the whole unlimited water breathing time..etc come into play
So they def will not

Level 26
Murlocs>Goblins... lol^^ but thats just a oppinion, and if they were former members of the horde, why did they left? if they left why would they want to return?
WowWiki said:
Goblins fought with the Horde in the Second War, but broke off when they realized that it's more profitable to work both sides. However, many goblins remember the fun of the Horde and are willing to lower mercenary prices to Thrall and his people. Goblins offer almost exclusive transport services for the Horde, whether in their steamboats or zeppelins. It is more likely that a team of goblin sappers, who take great pleasure in the chaos the Horde creates, will be found meshed into Horde forces, rather than those of the Alliance.HPG 190 Many goblins can still be seen in Orgrimmar, Ashenvale and Camp Mojache.
They have a larger chance than murlocs joining, anyhow, and High Tech Goblins > Fish People

Level 23
Hmm... oh yea, frogs are green ^^ lol, Well, We'll never come out of this so lets just put it this way Murloc><Goblins, In a swiming contest Murloc's would win, but Goblins win in technology, They both have their strong and weak points.... goblins for the Horde and Murlocs for the Alliance (I have no idea what they should do for lore but I don't care ^^)

Level 13
Races I would like to see playable:
Nerubians
Broken
Lost Ones
Gnolls
Naga
Ogres
Pandaren

Then again alot of those races have lore/mount/size problems. . . .

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I understand wishes of seeing many races playable, but I prefer to have races that fit the lore and are interesting. It would certain not be interesting to play a Gnoll.

Lots of people hated the Ere-Draenei, but I found them quite original and interesting.

Level 26
Such as, Tauren with a log ^^, what the horde could use now, would be more agile, or small or both. The alliance on the other hand, could use some ME SMASH YOU powers ^^
The goblins would do great in the horde. They're small, look agile, and very smart. Not only that, but they have a history with the horde. Pandaren are the animal race that the Alliance needs, the downside being that they are not focused on power as much as they are focused on agility. But they are a pretty big race though.

Status
Not open for further replies.