• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which Blizzard Campaign is your favourite?

Which Blizzard Campaign is your favourite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Night Elf / TFT
Like Maiev, Like Naga, Like Sunken Ruins. And I find it enjoyable to play over and over.

Level 12
Isn't really diablo style, they just used the same style on WC3 testing for WoW

Orc ROC FTW cinematic is the best!!

Level 7
Isn't really diablo style, they just used the same style on WC3 testing for WoW

Orc ROC FTW cinematic is the best!!

Bradygames warcraft 3 TFT official battle chest guide "This campaign, which reintroduces the orcs to the game, is an exciting departure for the warcraft series, because its not a mission based strategy game. Indeed, it is instead a RPG-style game with one large map, multiple quests, and several subsidiary maps that you can acces from the main map. in some ways, its more like diablo 2 than warcraft 3. the main map contains some elite items as well as a stash also like diablo2, that you can use to store these items as you acquire them!"

the fact of the matter is, it was more leaning towards diablo than WoW, but im not saying that your wrong. Blizzard never really said if it was tied into WoW or diablo 2, just a rpg. But from playing it, the elements from diablo 2 are pretty obvious. after playing WoW for a while i could tell that some things were based off diablo. Diablo has been mimicked by many games and is pretty much the standard for many rpgs, im not saying that blizzard ripped of their own game lol but there are traces of it in WoW.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I prefer the RoC Campaigns, but I think that's because we "met" Warcraft III and the 3D Azeroth with them. They're all so exciting.
I think I always preferred the Human one, though. The path Arthas walks is cool, first fighting Orcs and then learning more about the Undead and their masters. And that's when we met Northrend, after all. =)

Level 27
I also more enjoyed rexxar, i did whole parts without cheating i believe. While i cheated my way true all the other campaigns and just did that because i wanted to know the story >.<

I think the campaigns form blizzard suck ass because they are long and boring and i dont have the patience for it. Also mostly of the time they are extremly unbalanced and seems like they want me to make my units rest and regenerate hp manualy before i strike into a next cluster of creeps. Very lame, hard and unbalanced i think.

But thats my opinion lawl =p

Level 36
ROC Orc was my fav.e When my friends were first telling me about WC3, they suggested I downloaded the demo, which I did. The demo is basically an introduction to the game, right, and it's played with the Orcs, so I guess I sort of connected with them.

Though playing Arthas as he eradicates the Undead and slowly goes crazy is hella fun too.

Level 2
ROC orc the stories awesome you get a taste of fel orc and the ending cinematic marvelous makes me wish their was a proper TFT orc campaign.

Blood elf would be if it had more cinematics and mayne drew out the missions in outland a bit more.

Level 1
I prefer the RoC Campaigns, but I think that's because we "met" Warcraft III and the 3D Azeroth with them. They're all so exciting.
I think I always preferred the Human one, though. The path Arthas walks is cool, first fighting Orcs and then learning more about the Undead and their masters. And that's when we met Northrend, after all. =)

Yayayayayayayayaya (same)

Level 4
I liked the TFT Night Elf one and the RoC Human. Wardens are so cool and good, and i liked playing as the Naga. Watching Arthas slowly going insane was also very nice...

Level 12
True Silvermoon was pitiful BUT
I was fun crushing the puny high elves
Now if Silvermoon was Blood Elves then..Arthas would've gotten his arse handed to him :p

What?o_O, you do realize high elves and blood elves are exactly the same right? Theres really no difference. The only difference however is highelves had the sunwell, bloodelves don't and continue to to through withdrawl. Theres seriously no difference other then that. Plus blood elves would prob be more evil sense they are going through withdrawl.. Still

Level 18
What?o_O, you do realize high elves and blood elves are exactly the same right? Theres really no difference. The only difference however is highelves had the sunwell, bloodelves don't and continue to to through withdrawl. Theres seriously no difference other then that. Plus blood elves would prob be more evil sense they are going through withdrawl.. Still

Shush, blood elves have the badass glowing green eyes
THEY CANNOT BE STOPPED

Level 7
Blood Elves and High Elves are both the same yes, but theres more types of units now, but I doubt they would stand more of a chance with extra spell breakers or some Blood Mages. But yes killing silvermoon, those 3 mission where my fav undead ones, FINALLY killing sylvanas is pure achievement >.< and I quote arthas "Damn that Woman!"

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I think the campaigns form blizzard suck ass because they are long and boring and i dont have the patience for it. Also mostly of the time they are extremly unbalanced and seems like they want me to make my units rest and regenerate hp manualy before i strike into a next cluster of creeps. Very lame, hard and unbalanced i think.
I don't understand what you mean with the healing part. If you mean having to heal your units before you strike a creep camp, then that's part of Warcraft III itself.
And I think the way campaigns were made was interesting, since they were traditional Warcraft III, and every mission had at least a little thing that was unique, thus distinguishing them from each other.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
I admit, when I first played the single player campaigns I was so amazed. The story, the epic story of it all. I enjoyed every single bit just for the sake of the story. The battle of Mount Hyjal and the Rexxar campaign got me to a state of ecstasy.

Now, after I have seen what people can do with the world editor and that I've gone over the story thousands of times, that feeling is sadly lost.
The quality of the RoC and TFT campaigns ain't that good, but heck, I respect it for all the entertainment it brought to me a couple of years ago.

Level 7
First time I played the campaigns, it was really exciting as you don't know whats going to happen, unfortunatly, that excitement in it does fade in time. But gladly I still find the campaigns enjoyable.

frostwhisper, its not about quality, it is actually style it was made. Look at azeroth grand prix, real modern wc3 map, with lots of jass, everything triggered. Now look at warchasers, real wc3 map, you have to use all premade wc3 systems and such. But they are BOTH BLIZZARD quality maps, just prix has gone too far with editing the gameplay itself. The soul of blizzard map still remains.

Level 1
I say the Tutorial campaign, and the demo Campaign(which explains what happen after the tutorial campaign). They really sat the tone there for the rest of the story, and the intro movie with Thrall dreaming is just pure classic!

I like the other Campaigns, too. But these two have really made a mark in my memory.

Level 7
True I forgot to add the those campaigns, probably because I never really classified them as a 'Real' campaign as they are just explaining the game, I played it once and never did again. But the custom campaign of the orcs was it 'Exodus of the horde'? or was that another? either way that one was enjoyable and I have played it over and over.

Level 1
brad.dude03,
Both campaigns have the same name, but you are probably right in that the demo campaign is Exodus of the Horde. I think that they named the tutorial the same so it would be easier to get into the game if you played the demo.

Yet, they somehow managed to integrated the story into the tutorial, without forcing you to play it. (The demo campaign is not connected to the main story at all from what I have seen. It is more of an alternative direction, a.k.a. what could have happened.)

Level 7
Everyone seems to like the rexxar campaign the most, but I liked it the least. I just didn't get into it, the format of the original campaigns took my liking, really I think the rexxar campaign was ... well to me it was an 'experimental' campaign, so it seems blizzard was trying their luck be changing the campaign style. Rexxar campaign is still loads of fun and enjoyable though. Nothing beats original in my opinion... well usually.

Level 17
I liked the Rexxar Campaign the most. I liked Orcs Second, I liked Blood Elves 3rd, and Human was bearable. I can't stand undead.I would wait until I got banshees, then possess a peasant from another army so I wouldnt have to use the damn undead units. -_-

The only part of undead campaign that I enjoyed was the fight against sylvanas at the Sun Well. but I wished I could play it from the other side and stomp arthas and destroy his annoying ass.

I think I would like them all better if they were more RPG style. - anyone want ot take up a project with me rpging them up? Make the heroes have more levels, remove the armies and make it an rpg? if the guy has to have some units have them be allied PCs that just follow the hero maybe? I think it would be sweet.

Level 3
I personally liked the Human TFT campaign the most because it wasn't just normal melee maps against increasing odds. They had twists and changes and I absolutely love the last level's raid on the Black Temple.

Level 2
i disliked the Rexxar campaign, it was impossible to lose and got so boring (throw heroes at creeps,die,respawn rinse and repeat.)

Status
Not open for further replies.