• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where's Wendigo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Towards the back. With those rock spires.

When I get home, I'm going to set up a proper thread. I've got a few ideas how to run this.

Would you guys like me to "host" this, ie. update the original post, or would you rather try and run it as a community? I think the best would be either me, or have a few people do it.

I have two ideas right now.

1) Run it just as a big book. Someone makes a post with a few of the terrains, and them and myself will update it with everyones terrains. I could also lock it and just update it myself so people can't give it away. I'd make another thread for submissions, or you could just PM me.

2) Hold it as a sort of contest. Put up one terrain, and everyone sends the host the answer. Again I could host it and lock it, but someone else could host it and I'll dish out -rep if people ruin the game. After a period of time another terrain is added as the new one, and it starts over. There would be a list of all the people that got each one, a sort of archive.

Level 34
It's too simple for a serious contest imo, maybe we should just keep it like this and maybe track the winners just for fun.
It would be simple.

I guess I could just make a sticky and update the first post with the new terrains people submit. Although it they aren't up to par (if they really suck) I may not use them.

I just thought it would be fun as a little weekly thing.

Level 34
I think myself and Famous will "host" this so to speak. I'll get to it tomorrow or maybe tonight if I have time.

Level 34
Ok, I made one, try to find him

Where's Waldingo?
Where'sWaldingo01.jpg

Level 34
Ok I made new one, Waldingo is at different place, previous one was too hard to find. I made 3 difficulties, it's the same picture but for example, Hard is the whole picture that has been screenshoted, Medium is just a part of that whole picture and Easy is the smallest part of them all. So go ahead, find him...

Where's Waldingo?

whereswaldingo01easyye5.png

whereswaldingo01mediumul5.png

whereswaldingo01hardix5.png

Last edited:
Level 34
Yeah that's far too difficult. It has to be obvious once you find him! It's not a guessing game.

I'll start the sticky. I'll host it my way, and if anyone would rather do it another way, complain. :p

Level 34
Please use this thread for further discussion until I have the other one set up. Thanks.

like your terrain are awsome.. but instead of putting him in the front... like you could put it behind the tree on the complete right side.. it could have worked too.. and could have been easier to see it.. but as hard as the other one to find it..

Level 34
like your terrain are awsome..
:cute:Oh, you think so? Then, why don't you leave a comment at my [RAINBOW]terrain gallery[/RAINBOW], link is right in my signature :wink:
but instead of putting him in the front... like you could put it behind the tree on the complete right side..
I could make that, but in some of the next terrains that will come out, soon

Level 34
Well hold on there partner, I want to get something up and running fist. Still deciding how to handle this. I don't think a game would work out. I had thought it would at first, but thinking about it, I am pretty sure people will get bored. Instead people will just post terrains, and I'll add them to the first post. Everyone should just try and not give things away quickly. Maybe use hidden tags or something. Basically what we've been doing, just with a little more order.

Level 34
Sure, or you can PM the author with the correct answer, and he posts in the thread all the names of the people that got the said answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.