• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When Servers Collide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch
So wait, am I as a user or staff...?
Both...? I dunno.

They pick custom models. They could better pick a War3 one that looks like what they want. Icons could be imported because they're low file size.

This is me and DesKaladA's map. Not yours. We can do it how we want.

DesKaladA, when can I have the map back to proofread it?

Level 17
Sorry to be a pain in the ass and change, but instead of that worm, can I be this?

Kaitech | Doom Guard Icon | [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=48411&prev=c%3D%26t%3D1%26s%3D%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D200%26mmr%3D0%26mur%3D0%26u%3D"]GF's fel orc rider thingy[/URL] |
Rollout: This causes Kaitech to smash the ground causing a dangerous shockwave to leap out ahead of him!

The spell should use THIS model please!

Umm, sorry that it kinda goes over the 80kb size...

Agreed, he has a point too. You are going to have a huge map that no one will want to play except the people who's characters are in it if you have a huge amount of imports. Even selective importing would be better. Not everyone can have 150 kb imports, the size would too large.

Which is why we're only allowing people to use their own models that they made themselves. Like Kaitech, for instance, isn't getting his model changed as he didn't make it himself.

Also most of the bigger imports are done (such as the UI, terrain tiles, and SFX), so the map should only get bigger by 500KB or so. Also some of the SFX aren't completely necessary and will probably be removed.

Kaitech[SanD];472371 said:
Sorry to be a pain in the ass and change, but instead of that worm, can I be this?

Kaitech | Doom Guard Icon | [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=48411&prev=c%3D%26t%3D1%26s%3D%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D200%26mmr%3D0%26mur%3D0%26u%3D"]GF's fel orc rider thingy[/URL] |
Rollout: This causes Kaitech to smash the ground causing a dangerous shockwave to leap out ahead of him!

The spell should use THIS model please!

Umm, sorry that it kinda goes over the 80kb size...

No.

Or that could be the final challenge... once, for example, wc3c's server gets destroyed, Tim. comes out and the hive users have to kill him to win. But during this time wc3c users cannot attack. If the hive users kill Tim., they win. If Tim. wins, then he slowly rebuilds the server (i.e. it gradually gets health back over time) and gameplay continues as normal.

FinalTyrant said:
Model: http://hilton.gw.oiccam.com/showthread.php?t=80395

Insults may include;

- Cry more.
- Fuck you, + (any of the following marked in italic).
- Dip-shit.
- Jack-ass.
- Ass-hat.
- Gay-lord.
- Nub.
- Moron.
- Get the fuck out.

etc.
FinalTyrant said:
Pyritie said:
FinalTyrant, I'll add you as a user who is invulnerable but has no attack except for minor damage inflicted by your insults.

Exactly how I'd like it, fuckin' sexy.

We already have lots of texts :D

Level 17
You could maybe make it so that if there are more people on THW than WC3C, which is what it looks like, then you could make us all crash for a few seconds with a Server down message.

We could download models to increase our agility, download tools for intelligence and spells for extra spells, and maybe something for strength.

Kaitech[SanD];473243 said:
You could maybe make it so that if there are more people on THW than WC3C, which is what it looks like, then you could make us all crash for a few seconds with a Server down message.
Like in the evenings when sometimes you get the "The server is too busy at the moment." messages?
Maps for strength, but, what about changing models with icons, so that when you buy models, you can, for example, change your character, or have mercenaries
When you get your user it is not permanent. It lasts for 40 seconds before you get a new user and you get teleported back to your starting server. Time is gained by killing other users, random powerups, and minigames.

I explained this all in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.