• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's your religion ? Proof :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I didn't make this thread so we fight ... Just give some proofs , and believers are believers :p

I am a muslim , And I believe in Allah .

Note that there have been incredibly long discussions in these forums and they didn't reach far.
The main results:
*Atheist/Theist people tend to give their own beliefs special treatment and ignore the fallacies, while using a reversed attitude towards other people's beliefs.
*Atheists and Theists are pretty much the same kind of people(both claim what they can't know)
*One side always states "You can't prove it, so it's wrong", while the other says "You can't prove it's wrong, so it's right".
*Such discussions do very little to "prove" anything, except that people are stubborn(this goes for both sides)
*People take such discussions too personally and get insulted

My suggestion? Let this thread die before it goes like every other one has gone.

Roland

R

Roland

Off Topic: I heard that Ralle and Squiggy Banned all Religious Discussions on Off-topic and It can be Posted on the MT - Medivh's Tower..

On Topic: Half Christian from my Mother and Half Jewish from My Father. Thus, I have no absolute information about the religion of Jews.

Level 14
I'm an atheist.

I'm not the typical atheist though. I don't mind nor particularly care whether or people believe in a god or not.

What I hate is organized religion, and if a god actually exists, I have a feeling that he / she would hate it as well.

On a side note, if god was a chick would she be hot?

Envy, the church is a tool for control, and little else. Christians go to a church to congregate and worship, which funnily enough goes against Christ. Aside from that, there's the whole "no killing" thing, that the church conveniently forgot about during the crusades, witch hunts, and their shtick about manifest destiny where they slaughtered my kind for God.

Yeah, I get you, religion on its own is... relatively harmless, but the moment an organization like the church comes into play, the good messages are tossed aside.

Far as your side note goes, I'm not sure. At all. She'd most likely have to be human, apparently she'd have to be perfect, but when it comes to that, how attractive someone is, is kind of relative. So either she'd have to change her appearance in the eyes of each individual, or have one specific form. I hate thinking about stuff like this, it raises more questions whenever it comes to mind.

Level 11
Religion has only led to bad things through out History, not just wars and massive sacrificing of Humans or animals. If there were no religions Human civilizations would be way more advanced now. There is more logic in what the Ancient Greek's believe in then in what people believe today.

So I guess I am an Agnostic.

Last edited:
Level 22
I'm an atheist.

I'm not the typical atheist though. I don't mind nor particularly care whether or people believe in a god or not.

What I hate is organized religion, and if a god actually exists, I have a feeling that he / she would hate it as well.

On a side note, if god was a chick would she be hot?
why don't you ask him by yourself? if you do that, that means that you believe there is a god, that means you are not an atheist :p

Hail Satan.
do you know the word "ambaradul"?

RELIGION is very important in our life . . . Religions teachings are guides to make us a HUMAN . . . . But some religions are brutal (like cults) . . . .
Many people in the world are Atheist . I know that religion in past times are brutal , they kill humans for sacrifice , crusades etc . But God doesn't teach these brutality . If you read a bible , God strictly prohibited killing (except for people who do bad things like murder, worshiping demons etc . ). Religion is not bad at all , but the bad ones is human . Try to think that religion doesn't exist , I think humans becomes more brutal and don't know what is good and what is bad things. Religion is a guide, Because throughout the history , Religions has a big role in human civilization . . . I can't explain more because of lack of time . . . Try to read the bible, Quran, and other religious writings . . . and try to insert all in your brain . . . .

BTW I am belong to Christianity ( Catholic, Protestant etc . )

Level 22
I don't mean to offend you sigelang, but what you just typed was contradicting.

Religions teachings are guides to make us a HUMAN
Religion is not bad at all , but the bad ones is human
If religion teaches us how to be human, and humans are bad, then religion must be bad.

EDIT: I'm not an atheist.

Level 22
actually, religion teach us to be a human..
human is not bad but because some of them is not follows religion teachings, they are bad.. but you also can't judge all of them are bad because they are an atheist, you can say human is good or bad based on their actions

Level 21
Note to all:

Theist - Believes that there is a deity
Atheist - Believes that there is no deity
Agnostic - Doesn't think that there is or isn't a deity

The first 2 are the same kind of people, since both base their beliefs on what they don't know.

Level 22
actually, religion teach us to be a human..
human is not bad but because some of them is not follows religion teachings, they are bad.. but you also can't judge all of them are bad because they are an atheist, you can say human is good or bad based on their actions

Sorry I wasn't clear enough, what I was saying is about how he stated things, which was contradictory. I was not implying that religion is bad.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

He used to be a huge Radical Christian.
Now he's an aggressive Anti-Theist.
Not Atheist, Anti-Theist.

Sounds silly if you ask me. People should make their own decisions, not to follow others'. I have few practical examples in mind...

Level 13
Religion threads everywhere.
Lemme idc of what religion were talking about right now but i have to ask this:
Would you belive that humans evolved from animals into what we are now?
Or would you rather belive that ''god'' made us what we are today.
Also Christian stuff say that we descended from Adam and Eve,
If thats true then how did they make the human race?They were only 2 persons.

Level 22
Religion threads everywhere.
Lemme idc of what religion were talking about right now but i have to ask this:
Would you belive that humans evolved from animals into what we are now?
Or would you rather belive that ''god'' made us what we are today.
Also Christian stuff say that we descended from Adam and Eve,
that's absolutely right
also, do not fight over religion and what you belief
it will become an endless battle, though if you use logic, there is none of them are make any sense
this is looks like a serious discussion... MT FTW!!

Level 22
I think If we debate , The debate is endless . .. .
so damn right

But in my opinion, Religions shapes our history . . .
who knows, anyway.. it's not religions but humans who shapes our history
they wrote it, they spread it, we don't even know if it's just a lie or not
besides if you think it's right, can you answer Red Claw's questions?
religion is something we can't sure about but it is our choice as well to believe what we want to believe..

Off-Topic: Daffa if you read this :smile:
Igor said:
This is an orb which dispels lies and shine upon the truth
believe in that and myriad truth xD

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

In what way is he a follower?

Oh, I didn't mean it that way :D I were saying that to his anti-theism. Being against other's decisions is like going backwards in evolution. We need to be different, to make as various decisions as possible.

If you insist, I can give an example of what I mean, but it wont be that clear, since I'm not English, still learning.

Edit:
I guess they had sex.

Oh, I didn't mean it that way :D I were saying that to his anti-theism. Being against other's decisions is like going backwards in evolution. We need to be different, to make as various decisions as possible.

If you insist, I can give an example of what I mean, but it wont be that clear, since I'm not English, still learning.

I see what you mean, no need for an example ;)

Level 11
I was thinking, what do you need to prove you're religious... if you believe in something you don't need to prove it, you just feel it is right... right?

I mean I already said I am an Agnostic but I am just interested what is the thing that makes you people believe, is it the influence of you community or something else.

I was thinking, what do you need to prove you're religious... if you believe in something you don't need to prove it, you just feel it is right... right?

I mean I already said I am an Agnostic but I am just interested what is the thing that makes you people believe, is it the influence of you community or something else.

I know that we influence by community or family , But when I read some religious scriptures, Most of information are true . . . because they has a Archaeological evidence . . .

I know that we influence by community or family , But when I read some religious scriptures, Most of information are true . . . because they has a Archaeological evidence . . .

And some bible information are truth , Like for example , Bible says that the earth is spherical shape , and that is truth . . . and also the bible has a science .

"A very interesting verse to consider is Job 26:7, which states that God “hangs the earth on nothing.” This might make you think of God hanging the earth like a Christmas tree ornament, but hanging it on empty space. Although this verse is written in a poetic way, it certainly seems to suggest that the earth floats in space; and indeed the earth does float in space. We now have pictures of the earth taken from space that show it floating in the cosmic void. The earth literally hangs upon nothing, just as the Bible suggests." .

I already read all page of the bible and I try to understand this . . . Those magics that stated from the bible is a symbol only . . . .

I suggest to you that read the christian scripture (or even Islam because Quran is also like a bible . )

The wrong perception about religion makes us Atheist . Try to understand all the information .

Level 21

And some bible information are truth , Like for example , Bible says that the earth is spherical shape , and that is truth . . . and also the bible has a science .

"A very interesting verse to consider is Job 26:7, which states that God “hangs the earth on nothing.” This might make you think of God hanging the earth like a Christmas tree ornament, but hanging it on empty space. Although this verse is written in a poetic way, it certainly seems to suggest that the earth floats in space; and indeed the earth does float in space. We now have pictures of the earth taken from space that show it floating in the cosmic void. The earth literally hangs upon nothing, just as the Bible suggests." .

I already read all page of the bible and I try to understand this . . . Those magics that stated from the bible is a symbol only . . . .

I suggest to you that read the christian scripture (or even Islam because Quran is also like a bible . )

The wrong perception about religion makes us Atheist . Try to understand all the information .

In the medieval times people said that the earth was flat and that the bible proved it.
Pretty much any point, valid or not, can be proven with that book.

Although I do agree that the bible is not written to be taken as it is. In those times the books were written in a very symbolic way.

Level 14
Inbreeding, yes.

Regarding genetic diversity, it would only really be possible if mutations occurred heavily.
Not very likely, but eh, it can happen \_(o.o )_/

I'm gonna go and say that it could not happen.

Some stuff I found:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1936-magic-number-for-space-pioneers-calculated.html

So about 80-160. Keep in mind that in ancient era, retarded people would probably not survive, and if genetic diseases started to spread, they could greatly reduce the survival chances of a small community.

Stout Atheist, though I do not agree with the perception that a stereotypical athiest states that God does not exist (subtext "for definite"), rather make the assertion that from what we can tell, it's unlikely that there a God (or Gods), a better phrase would be "God probably doesn't exist" to describe an Atheist standpoint.

My justification of my position: Most Modern religions originated in a Barbaric land, their God(s) are Barbaric, I'm not a Barbarian, the religions don't suit my view or understanding of the world. (One could also make a note about how credible Barbarian people who were barely educated are, depending on which religious text you follow) Note that this doesn't apply for all religions or even all Modern religions

Regardless since the question is more or less unanswerable - I'm not one to care about it, does he/she or they exist? who knows? but it changes little. I think the better thing to focus on is the works of the Entity and the agents of religions, i.e. If the God or Gods exist, are they even entities you -want- to worship? In my own personal case, no, definitely not. Given their "free choice" to ignore world problems, or even cause them, I have absolutely no interest in worshipping all powerful entities who quite happily let them happen. Whatever scripture or hockus pockus you want to dab on the issue as to why they might not, doesn't justify their actions to me - and I won't worship an entity out of fear for it as I find that weak.

Edit:
Note to all:

Atheist - Believes that there is no deity

The first 2 are the same kind of people, since both base their beliefs on what they don't know.

Disagree

Note to all:

Atheist - Believes that there is probably not a diety or deities

fixed, while some atheists are stout believers that there is no god, saying that's the definition of an Atheist conceptually, is a misnomer - the foundation of Athiesm is based on the fact that we cannot assert what we cannot prove, therefore to make the assertion that a God doesn't exist, is to deny that foundation

Edit 2:

Archaeological evidence may exist of the people who lived, but that doesn't mean what they taught morally or spiritually, is true.
Sigelang said:
RELIGION is very important in our life . . . Religions teachings are guides to make us a HUMAN . . . . But some religions are brutal (like cults) . . . .
Many people in the world are Atheist . I know that religion in past times are brutal , they kill humans for sacrifice , crusades etc . But God doesn't teach these brutality . If you read a bible , God strictly prohibited killing (except for people who do bad things like murder, worshiping demons etc . ). Religion is not bad at all , but the bad ones is human . Try to think that religion doesn't exist , I think humans becomes more brutal and don't know what is good and what is bad things. Religion is a guide, Because throughout the history , Religions has a big role in human civilization . . . I can't explain more because of lack of time . . . Try to read the bible, Quran, and other religious writings . . . and try to insert all in your brain . . . .

BTW I am belong to Christianity ( Catholic, Protestant etc . )

I think you skipped out a BIG section of your bible reading, let me quote myself from a previous religious thread on this matter:

Tank-Commander said:
Just re-read and thought believers of christian faith should remember this quote for the good-evil argument

Isaiah 45:7 (NET bible)

I am the one who forms light and creates darkness; the one who brings about peace and creates calamity. I am the LORD, who accomplishes all these things.
Also let us not forget that the bible actually orders what are now considered "evil acts" a nice example is this:

Numbers 31:17-18 (King James bible)

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Numbers 31:17-18 (NIV bible)

Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
what this actually condones is rape and forced marriage (not to mention the death of innocent children) by the lines "save for yourselves" or "for yourselves", you will find why this is in deuteronomy:

Deuteronomy 21:10-14 (King James bible)

When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the Lord thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife. And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.
Note the other atrocities they must go through here as well, consider firstly that marriage rites demand that you sleep with your partner once married, this is the rape part - as far as the bible is concerned, spousal rape is impossible because if you're married then the man owns the woman, in a literal sense. I somehow doubt that the woman who lost her mother, father, and siblings would then want to choose to marry the man who killed them, or had a part in their death, secondly the end about letting her "go" if you don't like her, basically screws them over even more, because now they have no home, food, family, and the only thing they have left considered valuable in such a society that this applied to - their virginity.

There's also various other passages that technically any non-believer or believer-of-a-different-faith should be stoned to death, so either believers don't follow their own bibles (note God's word is either eternal or it's not, changing policy would not change your mind unless you're accepting that his plans aren't necessarily "good" or that he is able to do wrong/make mistakes), have not read it, or are going to "hell" anyway, for going against their god. (Unless you believe the bible is utterly wrong anyway and don't think it's the word of God, then you might be fine, like the atheists or believers of other faiths -might- be fine)

Last edited:
Level 21
Stout Atheist, though I do not agree with the perception that a stereotypical athiest states that God does not exist (subtext "for definite"), rather make the assertion that from what we can tell, it's unlikely that there a God (or Gods), a better phrase would be "God probably doesn't exist" to describe an Atheist standpoint.

My justification of my position: Most Modern religions originated in a Barbaric land, their God(s) are Barbaric, I'm not a Barbarian, the religions don't suit my view or understanding of the world. (One could also make a note about how credible Barbarian people who were barely educated are, depending on which religious text you follow) Note that this doesn't apply for all religions or even all Modern religions

Regardless since the question is more or less unanswerable - I'm not one to care about it, does he/she or they exist? who knows? but it changes little. I think the better thing to focus on is the works of the Entity and the agents of religions, i.e. If the God or Gods exist, are they even entities you -want- to worship? In my own personal case, no, definitely not. Given their "free choice" to ignore world problems, or even cause them, I have absolutely no interest in worshipping all powerful entities who quite happily let them happen. Whatever scripture or hockus pockus you want to dab on the issue as to why they might not, doesn't justify their actions to me - and I won't worship an entity out of fear for it as I find that weak.

Edit:

Disagree

fixed, while some atheists are stout believers that there is no god, saying that's the definition of an Atheist conceptually, is a misnomer - the foundation of Athiesm is based on the fact that we cannot assert what we cannot prove, therefore to make the assertion that a God doesn't exist, is to deny that foundation

You're mixing atheism with agnosticism. Agnostics are the only side that doesn't have to prove anything as the other 2 sides constantly assert that their view is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.