• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's your favourite movie genre?

Favorite Movie Types?

• Thriller

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Horror

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Comedy

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Drama

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Crime

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Sci-fi

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Fantasy

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Documentary

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Action

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Adventure

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Romance

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Mystery

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Musical

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • War

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Western

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Anime

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • History

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Im actualy thinkin about getting into movie directing, and i personally love Sci-fi/fantasy films, but i also love comedy and war films

for #2... LOTR is my favorite trilogy by far... Peter Jackson did well :D hehe

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It didn't occur to you that some people watch Action films? You could probably add Thriller as well, or at least one of the two.

Thriller is my favourite genre, next to horror and sci-fi.

Yes, The Lord of the Rings by Peter Jackson (assuming you're referring to his version) is a good trilogy, but it doesn't do justice to the books which are much better.

Level 25
It didn't occur to you that some people watch Action films? You could probably add Thriller as well, or at least one of the two.

Thriller is my favourite genre, next to horror and sci-fi.

Yes, The Lord of the Rings by Peter Jackson (assuming you're referring to his version) is a good trilogy, but it doesn't do justice to the books which are much better.

Created the thread in some haste, just wrote what i thought of. Edited the first post a bit. And thanks you guys who have been answered so far.

Level 18
1. I don't go by genre. I was writing a large review on the good and bad points of each genre, but I don't have time for that now so I'll just leave it at this answer. ;)

A list of my favorite movies to show what I like from each genre:

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest (drama)
Fight Club (comedy/thriller)
The Shawshank Redemption (drama)
Once Upon a Time in the West (western)
Lord of the Rings (fantasy)
Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (comedy/romance)
Se7en (thriller/crime)
Full Metal Jacket (war)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (comedy)
The Green Mile (fantasy/drama)
Forrest Gump (drama/comedy)
La Vita È Bella (comedy/war)
Howl's Moving Castle (animation/fantasy)
Alien (horror/sci-fi)

Note: This is not a full list. Just one I could put together by following that top 250 list on imdb and picking my favs from it. I could come up with other movies not on that list, but it would make my list too large.

Needs more Tarantino, Kubrick and Coen. :p
Recently I've been looking a bit more into animated movies too.

2. Yes, I like lotR. Though I don't like how it spawned a large amount of rip-offs and how my father seems to think I'm interested in them because they are like LotR.

Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I still haven't watched Avatar...I really need to do that -_-

Level 18
I get the feeling Avatar will be hyped to the point where people start being anti-Avatar. I've seen the movie in the cinema and have to say it was a dissapointment after hearing masses say it was the "best movie they had ever seen". All the praise made me expect a brilliant movie and even though I found it enjoyable I couldn't help but spot the flaws (and I'm not talking about the originality of the storyline here).

Just saying that you shouldn't go watch it with that 'I'm going to watch the best movie ever' feeling if that's why you were going to watch it. :p

PS: Don't turn this into an Avatar thread now please.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Me too. District 9 had a much better plot. And Avatar is more of technical demonstration of what you can achieve in these days.
I haven't watched District 9 Either -_-

I get the feeling Avatar will be hyped to the point where people start being anti-Avatar. I've seen the movie in the cinema and have to say it was a dissapointment after hearing masses say it was the "best movie they had ever seen". All the praise made me expect a brilliant movie and even though I found it enjoyable I couldn't help but spot the flaws (and I'm not talking about the originality of the storyline here).

Just saying that you shouldn't go watch it with that 'I'm going to watch the best movie ever' feeling if that's why you were going to watch it. :p

PS: Don't turn this into an Avatar thread now please.
Thanks for the advice.

They have already. All over teh interwebz. :(
Indeed.

Level 23
Horror - The fourth kind, The uninvited, the haunting in Connecticut.

Crime - Well I watch mostly crime series, so Navy CIS.

Fantasy - Lord or the rings, Harry Potter.

Sci-Fi - District 9, Star trek, Avatar

Favorite genres and favorite movies from each genre :) But yea, I don't like one genre better than the others.

EDIT:

I REALLY WANNA WATCH THE MOVIE "Splice"

Level 11
I thought Avatar was alright... a bit too long, he spent over $250 million making that movie, and i kinda expected much more... i know the CGI was amazing, but the plot just reminded me of a futuristic plot about native americans :p hehe

As for District 9, it was pretty cool, it was supposed to be the halo movie :p but when peter jackson saw how terrible the director did, he ditched it off and made district 9 :D hehe

Everyones a Critic :p

Level 34
There is a movie thread, I'd recommend using it. I realize you probably want a poll, but genre polls are simply too general to represent peoples opinions. Simply ask the question in the stickied thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.