• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's your favourite element?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Rui said:
Time is not exacly an element. It can be considered "a force". But it's ok.

-Rui

Too much Starwars for you.

Time ain't "a Force" nor element, it's just plain stress maker and it's...
the holy thing which lets you know when your fav TV show is about to start

Level 6
Water absolutely rox. forever and ever
Water is element that gives life to everything, without water another elements are nothing :p

Isnt it absolutely kawai?

Last edited:
Level 3
Fire. Without the sun we wouldn't exist. All of them are immportant in their uniqe way

Level 21
did we have this pole earlier but with more choice?

anyways, fire. because as much as i like having water fights, burning things is more fun and what has air done for me recently? not much, just blow my hair out of place. the less said about earth the better.

Level 27
You can't look at the practicality of them to determine your decision... They're all equally practical.
Earth gives us the ground we walk upon, without it we would die.
Air gives us the ability to breathe, without it we would die.
Water gives all things the ability to live, without it we would die.
Fire gives us light from the sun, without it we would die.
^means I can't choose :p
--donut3.5--

Level 26
Ice is water. Just solid water.
You can't look at the practicality of them to determine your decision... They're all equally practical.
Earth gives us the ground we walk upon, without it we would die.
Air gives us the ability to breathe, without it we would die.
Water gives all things the ability to live, without it we would die.
Fire gives us light from the sun, without it we would die.
^means I can't choose :p
--donut3.5--
No, really? Elements were meant to be the fundamentals that created the patterns of nature. Also, nuclear fusion gives us light from the sun, not fire.

Level 35
Hmmmz. The old scholars actually came close to cracking the mysteries of what our universe was made of, with what they had:

Fire=Energy
Earth=solid
Water=Liquid
Air=Gas

The base laws of matter that it is made of molecules in one of these base forms.

It kinda boggles the mind when you think of it that way...what the ancient ones knew.

Of course listening to this ===> http://www.radioblogclub.com/open/1...rere mei, Deus (Choir of New College, Oxford) puts me in a philisophical and mellow mood :D

Level 27
They were trying to understand the elements that made up the universe. Those are just the names they used.

Moontraveler, lightning is another form of elemental fire, and for that matter, so is nuclear fusion.

Level 34
Even though I made all four elementals (Ok 5 including wood/aether) All of them are my favorites! Boring spamming story: It looked a bit dark there, so I made a star called a ''Sun.'' Since I thought it looked a bit weird that humans and other animals, insects etc went randomly floating through space in MySpace/Universe I thought to make some substance called ''earth'' to have feet on their ground. But third problem: They looked a bit you know... Dead. So I did some hocus pocus with my cool (but lost it though) Magical Purple Hippowand (a FLYING one) to make some air for them to breath in and live with it. But then I noticed that on Earth II (I gambled once a few billion years ago with some other colleges of mine 'next' door and lost Earth I in a bet)
that it looked a bit green you know and green isn't my favorite colour you know.
So I took a pee somewhere and I think a crushes a few settlements like uhm... Atlanis what was it called again? So it looked erh yellow and green with some nice white stuff on it what's called ''clouds.'' But I don't yellow either so I made my pee into blue! And it looked much much better. Oh and I got - sorry had - one son and a wife. Yes, he still didn't got back from the supermarket! I told him to get some milk! What? WHAT?! DID HE GOT CRUSSIFIED?! Oh well, it's a fast way to come here. Oh hey son, thanks for the (late) milk. Son.... Were you on weed again? (Conversation fades slowly away.)

Even though I made all four elementals (Ok 5 including wood/aether) All of them are my favorites! Boring spamming story: It looked a bit dark there, so I made a star called a ''Sun.'' . . . Oh well, it's a fast way to come here. Oh hey son, thanks for the (late) milk. Son.... Were you on weed again? (Conversation fades slowly away.)

You realise how unfunny you are, right?

Level 24
Western elements are as follows: Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, (A)ether
In Wicca, Aether is replaced with Spirit.
Traditional Eastern elements are as follows: Fire, Water, Earth, Wood, Metal.
If I remember correctly, Japanese elements are the same as Western, although replacing Aether with Void (Nothingness).

Level 24
Globally speaking, "Western" = US, European; "Eastern" = Asian, Southeast Asian, etc. (excluding Russia)

Level 3
To make things clear

There are several systems of elements.

Greek:
Fire/Water/Air/Earth (Aether if you're retarded) Aether was just tacked on to the system by Plato because of Platonic Solids. It is based on direct opposites for balance.
(Fire=tetrahedron, Earth=Cube, water=icosahedron, air=octahedron)
The final element Aether was meant to fill the extra spot, the Dodecahedron, for which Plato didn't really know what to do with, so he said obscurely that it makes up the heavens.

Buddhist: Replace the Greek Aether with Void.

Chinese: Wood-> Fire-> Earth-> Metal-> Water
Each element creates the next, and destroys the element 2 infront of it:
(Fire creates earth and destroys metal. Water creates wood, and destroys fire, etc.)
It is based on asymmetric balance.

In terms of games, any fundamental substance or energy is an "element", so Light, Dark, Wood, Fire, Water, Ice, Wind, Shadow, etc etc etc can all be thought of as Elements.

The Japanese do not have 6 elements, their traditional elements are the Chinese elements.

That said, my favorite element would have to be Metal, because it represents wealth and man-made power, as opposed to many of the other elements which represent the power of nature.

Level 24
Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a winner. Although, I'm not quite sure anybody ever mentioned the Japanese having 6 elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.