• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's your favourite element?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Shadow... Its the best source. Through it you control both light and darkness. There is no shadow if darkness and light are together. Its said that darkness cannot be controlled but its much more powerful than light. Well, I think that the power of shadow is weaker than the one of darkness but stronger than the one from light and its controllable. :) Just a theory of mine...

~Daelin

Level 7
Daelin said:
Shadow... Its the best source. Through it you control both light and darkness. There is no shadow if darkness and light are together. Its said that darkness cannot be controlled but its much more powerful than light. Well, I think that the power of shadow is weaker than the one of darkness but stronger than the one from light and its controllable. :) Just a theory of mine...

~Daelin

Confusing theory, light and darkness, are actually both equal, they both makes you blind, they both makes you see abnormal things, you know when you go to sleep and you see chair in somewhere in the room, but you don't know for sure that It might be chair, so you automatically think it's that boogeyman which lives in your closet, same thing with light, you can see this mystical water in the horizon but you'll never reach it, which is pretty deadly in desert, and darkness kills just like light does, when you at night want to go to bath room and you accidentally step on that darn skateboard. or when you in panic run to wall because of that boogeyman. yep, yep, whether it was light or darkness, you'll be most likely dead.
----------
right now I would feel strange fetish on Water, Wind and Ice...

Level 11
Actually, when you already see a little, then there you go, you've got a shadow. I think in very few cases there is complete darkness, and indeed, the term of shadow is pretty relative. I mean, let's take a floor iluminated by the sun, through the window, at 9:00 AM. Its obvious that part of the floor will be illuminated, while another part will be darker (and even possibly completely dark). Well then, which part of the floor would you determine to be shadowed? I mean, what's the intensity of light from which shadow actually begins?

And through this, I kinda counter-attacked my theory, but indeed, shadow is something relative. ^_^

~Daelin

Level 7
N00byStance said:
Yeah :D Light doesn't devour darkness - darkness devours light! :twisted:

No, no ,no! Light Devours Darkness. It's just when you put damn large sheet of uninvisible material front of the source of light the light obiviously wont be seen at the other side, or when you open your flash light, what happens? Darkness devours light? now I'd like to see that :p and! Light bounces off from walls unlike darkness which do not "echo".
but there must be balance with these two powerful forces! Light & Darkness, if no balance no life, if no life theres no one to see the light nor darkness, and no one would know nothing about them! they are equal, as long as you prove it wrong!

oh btw. I wanna change the subject to water. have you guys noticed this simple fact that, if there wouldn't be water, we couldn't swim, and we would all drown :shock: Thank gods we have water :mrgreen:

Level 1
wind is probaly the more invincible element i mean what's gunna beat it.. but my personal favorite is ice for numbers of reasons..
1. i like cold stuff
2. it can freeze pretty much anything.. except fire and win
3.the lich king is the bomb :)
so yeah my 2nd favorite though is fire..
invincible combo if you ask me :)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Wow i haven't been on in 2 days and already 12 posts (13 with mine >_>).
Yeah Light doesn't devour darkness - darkness devours light!

Now that's a thing we should think about. In fact, people always fall to darkness VERY EASLY! For example if a person is on a bad side, it's ULTRA difficult to make it come to the good side, but if that person is on good side, it comes to dark side very easly. And sometimes, it's cause of greed... seeking power or something. For example look at Arthas. He was being tourmented by Frostmourne, but he didn't drop it. Maybe i'm wrong, but he gained an addiction at the runeblade. And when the undead campaign started... he just joined the scourge and did not even say a word. He just started killing everything... did he spare a paladin in andorhal? No way. He didn't even spare Uther. Almost his best friend. I would like to see Arthas facing Jaina. Would he kill her? I guees so.

No, no ,no! Light Devours Darkness. It's just when you put damn large sheet of uninvisible material front of the source of light the light obiviously wont be seen at the other side, or when you open your flash light, what happens? Darkness devours light? now I'd like to see that icon_razz.gif and! Light bounces off from walls unlike darkness which do not "echo".
but there must be balance with these two powerful forces! Light & Darkness, if no balance no life, if no life theres no one to see the light nor darkness, and no one would know nothing about them! they are equal, as long as you prove it wrong!

Well it's a bit hard to say. In films, games, etc, Light is always victorious. That's why most people say Light owns Darkness. But I think we all should take the good side. What's darkness for?
Causes:

-Pain
-Death
-Suffering
-Hate

...I think that's enough reason to leave the dark side. I know, that darkness will never disppear from the world. We just have to trust Light and Hope. And Nothing more. This is just my opinion.

-Rui

Level 2
Fire. Its my favorite and also happens to be my element. The power of fire is only rivaled to shadow and darkness.

Level 2
EVIL

I like Shadows, 'cause i´m bad, i like suffering, destruction, pain, hate, plague, curses, black magic and other hated-for-almost-all-people dark things... I like Shadows, 'cause shadows can't be seen so easily, and they are as noiseless than...than...than...everything, they are the Perfect Forms, and...and...that's all for now!!!

Shadow is power...Shadow is control, Shadow is overhelming source of Power... Nothing can control it... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Level 7
Ice... can you imagine how damn hot it is in here! :evil:

Wind, brings nice cool air and gives momentary pleasure, before the eternal heat comes back.

Water, same reason as wind above, though the efeect lasts longer.

shadow, well, you know, it's cooler in shadows,

ask same question next winter, and I bet I'm not fancying those thingies above so much.

Level 2
my favorite element is Positronium (Ps) it is a quasi-stable system consisting of an electron and its anti-particle, a positron, bound together into an "exotic atom". The orbit of the two particles and the set of energy levels is similar to that of the hydrogen atom. However, because of the different reduced mass, the frequencies associated with the spectral lines are less than half of those of the corresponding hydrogen lines.

Positronium is unstable, with a half-life of at most about 10-7 seconds. The particles "spiral" closer to each other, until their existence is terminated by electron-positron annihilation.

My second favorite element is a most terrible force, it resides alone in many basements, star wars conventions, and its arch-nemisis is the opposite sex. Thats right, the element im talking about is the dreaded essance of nerds, nothing can stand agianst the wrath of thier infinate knowlage of star wars.

Level 5
Here's my favorite elements and why.
1. Lightning: For some reason I don't know, I always find tossing electricity at enemies (and the cool visuals that follow) entertaining. In fact, that was the basis for the character I made in City of Heroes.
2. Light: When you really think about it, light has a split personality. On one side, light is almost as vital for sustaining the life in a planet as water. On the other hand, light can be destruction incarnate. For example, lasers (and lightsabers) are extremely focused beams of light that can cut through anything. As opposed to dark attacks which resort to nasty things such as unnessecary gore, damaging souls, animating corpses, and other things, light attacks focus on quick, direct destruction such as disintegration or burning a massive hole (no/miminal blood loss because the tissue around the injury is burned, miminizing fluid loss) through the target (which is how lasers/energy beams and lightsabers do their damage).

Level 6
Please don't call light/dark/chaos/whatever an element.
All of you :(

Elements are: Wind, Earth, Fire, Water.

My favourite element would be earth, because I love nature and all the beautiful things in it. Being close to nature is a big deal to me, even if I don't go out into it as much as I should.

If it would be an element to possess, like magic or so, I would favourise either fire or earth, but fire is so destructive so maybe either earth or water :roll:

Level 12
Yes we know but we just call such things elements in this topic. What word should be used instead? Element works good in this case.

And to be unneccesary correct, these four elements are a bit different in different cultures. Like in China they also have wood and iron. :wink:

Level 5
Element or attribute is the best word to use in this topic. In regards to the whole light/dark/chaos not being an "element", many RPGs that were released within the last 5 years that have magic have light and dark classified as elements.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I consider Light and Darkness an element because of the spells in Warcraft. If you play spellcraft, maybe you understand. For example Death Coil is a spell of pure darkness, and spells such as the paladin's abilities come of pure light, specially holy light.

That's not correct. Ice, for example, is considered an element in many fantasy games. And I, myself consider ice an element. And lightning is really considered an element.

And to be unneccesary correct, these four elements are a bit different in different cultures. Like in China they also have wood and iron.

Yes, but iron and wood are materials not elements.

many RPGs that were released within the last 5 years that have magic have light and dark classified as elements.

Yes, that's one of the reasons.

-Rui

Level 6
Definition: A substance that cannot be broken down by chemical means. Elements are defined by the number of protons they possess.

we're of course not talking about those elements. however theres something that cant be splist apart and is also an abstract part of this world: a soul.
every living object needs a soul. you might even say an a.i. could have a soul its just a matter of definition. for me a soul means is something that can neither be reached by science nor by religion. and i'd say we're lucky not to be able to reach the soul... think of abuses! (im not religious btw. call me an agnostic) however theres nothing impossible in the worlds of fantasy where magic theoreticly exists. this includes changing the soul e.g. resulting in a better harmony between body mind and soul releasing strong powers. besides that some really powerful spells might lend the power of souls for their own purposes (which wouldnt work if the essence of the souls disagreed on the purpose of the spell). one of those will be the soulwave ill use in a map im making... based on a flamewave spell i made up. mmm.... more blue soulflames... weeeeeee....

while writing this post i finally realised why i like ghost in the shell so much... (anime/manga with credible/not exaggerated sci-fi elements) 2 nice movies, 2 o.k. series and loads of mangastuff.

Level 13
Please don't call light/dark/chaos/whatever an element.
All of you :(

the guy who invented that definition for "elements" was a greek philosopher, regrettably i dont remember his name, but i remember he was the one who threw himself into a volcanoe to prove that he was a god...

he was damn smart, dont you think...

Level 7
I kinda like Wind & Ice Let's talk about Light: Doing stupid stuff like closing eyes & weird sounds comin out of nowhere!!! Darkness: Very Famous yet i hate it when darkness loses to light Ex.(Lord Of The Rings) But sometimes theres good Darkness & Bad Light or opposite in(Arc The Lad 4) lol But Wind is Faster! & Ice is cooler! So plz stop mentioning Light & Darkness lol!

Level 7
Rui said:
Doodi said:
Rui, I already know that darkness 7 light r elements but i mentioned that their elementals dont excist!!!

I can't understand what you mean -.-'

-Rui
Nevermind that Rui i was talkin about elementals! not Elements theres a big damn difference its like Water elemental, Fire elemental thats what i ment There isnt any dark elemental or light elemental but there R Light & Dark elements! -_-'''

Level 1
I like mind powers (telekinesis, telephatism, teleportation etc.) and shadow (which i consider 2 b the same as darkness without the "i wanna conquer/destroy the world" and the evil gods parts. i'm a good christian :)) ). U'r gonna c these in my upcoming maps/campaings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.