1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What's your country like??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by redragex, Jan 10, 2009.

1. redragex

redragex

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol awesome

2. Arcisal

Arcisal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm from Malaysia. I won't go into the details. It's kinda OK here. Government really blows. Multi-racial country [eg Malay, Indian, Chinese..etc] but still has a handfull of racist. Lots of awesome food. Nice tropical rainforests and hills. Nice place to live. Kinda hot, can go up to 45 Celsius but

3. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well... I migrated from Italy to Australia with my family about five-six years ago. The difference is mind-blowing. I lived in Catanzaro, which is in the region of Calabria. Beautiful city. Some gang activity and a lot of outlying farms. The view was magnificent too. No matter how much people think the south of Italy is just barren, they are so wrong. It is beautiful. And everyone at least had a house or a cathedral to bunk in. And we had many festivities, including squashing grapes in large buckets. Heheh.

In Australia, it is better (internet FTW) but the humidity and then the rapid cold. I live in Melbourne where it goes hot to cold and cold to hot in an instant. But Australia is so urban and modernized. As I said, when I migrated, it was mind-blowing.

4. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I miss the communism.

6. intake360

intake360

Resources:
    Resources:
    iz Rz in CANADA (eh?). But i'm azn :D. Its cold here. -33 last year 0-0

7. Restor

Restor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I miss czechoslovakia :)

Back then we were one of the best in hockey (in historical ladder, still at 3rd possition behind CCCP and canada, and czsvk doesnt exist for 16 years)

now it is one nightmare.

8. -ALPHA-

-ALPHA-

Resources:
    Resources:
    I live in Hawaii. The state that other Americans forget is part of the union and not some foreign, exotic locale.

"Why yes, we do speak English and we do live in houses."

9. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    At least you are part of America. Look at Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, SSSR and rest of broken countries. Now there is only chaos there.

10. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    That's actually true. Despite the fact that the Soviet Union collapsed due to the lack of funds and bad economy, we were still better off during the communist regime. Hungary, where I am from was literally flourishing in comparison to the economy we have at the moment. It was quite a shame that supporting the common folk to such a serious amount eventually led to collapse (and the corrupt leadership of course, but we still have that).

11. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Now in Serbia people live from what their parents earned during those times. Today politic and economic is completely unable to support life of the ordinary man.

12. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I still rather live in Serbia than America.

13. -ALPHA-

-ALPHA-

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not complaining - I mean our weather is PERFECT. It's just funny/sad when people still say stuff like this after 50 years of statehood.

No country is perfect but we can all try to get there!

14. intake360

intake360

Resources:
    Resources:
    Allyourbombsarebelongtous:D

15. redragex

redragex

Resources:
    Resources:

Awesome!! i live in melbourne too!!! weather is truely screwed up, sometimes it's like pouring rain while the bloody sun is beaming and other times you get sunlight then an hour later it's windy, then later it's raining, then it's sunny again, rofl. i'm always like WTF.....

16. Vakama_Lynx

Vakama_Lynx

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    philippines.............. (shivers involuntarily and remembers time when filipino tries to speak english and says "uncomfortable" in a funny way. "ankom-portable" oh god.) SO FEEKIN EMBARRASSIN'

17. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Tallinn, Estonia.
    But dont get the wrong idea, Im a russian. 25% of local population are russians.
    In Tallinn 50%. The government REALLY sucks here, and there's a little racism(I mean Estonians and Russians). Even not a little. However the internet's fine, everything is pretty modern. Usually. But the prices are quite big, because of the govermnets stupid moves in the crysis. However it better than in Latvia(a little).
    The weather's ok. Usually. Rains in the summer, rains in the winter and rains in autumn and spring. However you can swim in the sea.

Nothing really exotic here, except concentration of human stupidity.

18. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Is there anywhere in the world it doesn't suck? I think there is no positive post here. They are not all 100% negative but still.

19. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Japan isn't a bad country, it's so relaxing, sometimes I go back there to enjoy stuff, only problem is its history, but who cares, it's so nice...

Singapore is a nice, humid and hot place, other than those stuff, it's been really successful and living here is a bomb...

PS: I'm from two countries, so I really should talk about the both of them...

20. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, everybody thinks that there's something bad in his country.
    For example Estonia. Almost all the students want to go somewhere else to live after they learn. England or Russia for example.