• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What you did today v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Spent the day formating and preparing my old comp for another user, then when I came home to update the appearance of my own new one. :thumbs_up:

Congratulations for new computer :) Hope it lasts long.

Level 4
Look, it's the truest video ever made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcQ6...jI8RGZq-pJB4GM9w&index=218&feature=plpp_video

Also, I bought E.Y.∃: Divine Cybermancy. First impressions:

wtf-am-i-doing.jpg

But no, seriously. If you ever want to go into game design, play this one just to see how a game can throw a player into it without any explanation whatsoever, make it annoyingly difficult at the very beginning, and yeah, it's a hub-based shooter without a save function.
Well, that's certainly a good bit of allowance wasted.

Last edited:
Level 22
I'm planning to do some upgrades for my PC now. My PSU, HDD and case are getting old (>6 years-ish). The small 220GB internal HDD and my 500GB external HDD are full, and the PSU is taking its time now to supply the necessary power after being unplugged and re-plugged.

There's nothing wrong with the case per-se other than it might be a bit small for future updates, and it has only 1 fan. Oh, and I can't open the CD tray without letting Windows lose at it (the damn OS won't stop until it's open :>).

I'm also going to replace my GPU, because I want to play the latest games at max. The Radeon HD 5750 can play Skyrim at almost highest settings @ 1920x1080, but it's struggling at certain areas. Also, when I bought it (1 year ago), upgrading my PC wasn't what I had in mind at the time. It was replacing my nVidia GPU which melted while playing Red Alert. It was definitely better, but it wasn't the best at the time, and the price was a mere $60.

These are the components currently in mind:

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 - BLACK - Dual Fan
PSU: XFX ProSeries XXX Edition 650W PSU - Modular - Read the edit
HDD: Western Digital 500 GB Blue 3,5", SATA
Case: Antec Dark Fleet DF-10 - Read the edit

I feel the Antec Nine Hundred Two Black V3 would be overkill, and the Dark Fleet case is 70 dollars cheaper.

Total price: $482

Edit:

Oh, and I will of course keep using my old HDD. 720GB is enough for me, and I'm going to clean up my external HDD. It got *cough*some movies*cough* which I don't need to have there any more.

Edit:

A slight change in the order.
PSU is replaced by the Corsair HX 650W PSU (Modular of course), and the case is replaced by Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Midi Tower. The price stays the same.

Last edited:
Level 6
It's pretty embarassing For example: You make or say funny things then, No one laughs because they think it is not funny, Only YOU laughed, Right?

Level 4
was sad that i'm still too young for the hive get together :(

then was bored the whole afternoon, until i decided to take a book and go reading out for a while, although it only had 15 c°. (fluffy blankets ftw!). Slept a few times while reading, was soooo awesome :d
after that i went exercising for about an hour, now i'm gonna get back to my book.

A Hive get together?

WHERE

HOW

WHAT

WHEN

Level 22
I picked up the first package today containing my HAF and HDD (it arrived at the Pick-up-Point the same day I ordered it though, i.e yesterday).

I assume the second package containing the GPU and PSU arrives tomorrow.

Level 12
Joined another community (though I'm still going to be here), where I have had, well, 'fun'.

Working on PHP/MySQL crap, still needing ideas.

Made a deal with enjoy: she makes me a new avatar and I give a picture of myself.
(why? ask her, I don't know)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Joined another community (though I'm still going to be here), where I have had, well, 'fun'.

Working on PHP/MySQL crap, still needing ideas.

Made a deal with enjoy: she makes me a new avatar and I give a picture of myself.
(why? ask her, I don't know)

Amazing deal, you can only guess what she's doing with that picture. (I guess she gives it to a pedophile.) :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 35
Level 22
I got my testimonial. All 5's fuck yes... another day passed without anyone leaving a comment about my new sig :(

Which system do you use?

(Worst mark on the left, best on the right)
1 - 10
1 - 6
6 - 1
(Other)
?

Also, what grade are you in anyway? I'd guess you're not in Upper Secondary School where you won't get as good marks. It's all pretty much flipped there :>

Level 34
Which system do you use?

1 - 10
1 - 6
6 - 1
(Other)
?

Also, what grade are you in anyway? I'd guess you're not in Upper Secondary School where you won't get as good marks. It's all pretty much flipped there :>
I got a 5 in maths and croatian yay :D
Guessing how he once said he got a 5 in maths and croatian, I'd say he's from Croatia, and is using that system. :p
In Croatia, it goes from from 5 to 1, where 5 is the best grade, 2 is the worst, and 1 is a failure. You can also get grades which are in between, like 2-, 4/5, 5+ and such. I know, it's fucked up.

Level 12
Which system do you use?

1 - 10
1 - 6
6 - 1
(Other)
?

I just finished 8th grade... I'm goin to high school now. And 5 is the highest grade you can get but since Croatia is joinin the EU they will change the system soon I think...

And Friky... Even if 2 is bad it's still good enough for you to pass... Most of them in my class who had 2's in maths for example are being cooks or waiters

Level 22
I just finished 8th grade... I'm goin to high school now. And 5 is the highest grade you can get but since Croatia is joinin the EU they will change the system soon I think...

And Friky... Even if 2 is bad it's still good enough for you to pass... Most of them in my class who had 2's in maths for example are being cooks or waiters

No, don't worry, even when Slovenia joined EU we kept our 5 grade system, so probably you will too.

Level 22
Just finished 8th grade? I assume Croation High School is the same as Lower Secondary School then. If not, then you start Upper Secondary School early. Unless, of course, the school system is entirely different over there and High School is somewhere between Lower and Upper Secondary School.

Over here 8th grade through 10th is Lower Secondary School, and then 11th through 13th is Upper Secondary School. Upper Secondary School is optional in theory, but it's almost unavoidable if you want a good job. After that we have University (or Høyskole, which is not highschool as some translators will tell you. There is no proper English word for it). Afaik it's like this in many countries, with slight variations of course.

Derp.

Level 12
Just finished 8th grade? I assume Croation High School is the same as Lower Secondary School then. If not, then you start Upper Secondary School early. Unless, of course, the school system is entirely different over there and High School is somewhere between Lower and Upper Secondary School.

Derp.

First there is elementary school you start with 6-7 years (I started with 6) and 8th grade is the last one. In grades 1-4 you have 1 teacher that teaches you most of the subjects except english, religion and sometimes music. Then grades 5-8 you have a teacher for every subject... In 7th grade instead of Nature (literal translation) you have chemistry, biology and physics. Then you go into High School for 3-4 years. There are different types.

Level 12
NOTICED ITS THE INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY!

SHOW SOME CAPSLOCK, LADS!

Also, tf2.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Played wc3 (of course) watched hilarious cinematic "the battle.net experience" and noticed that mmh got 10 bots more.

Level 22
Got my grades 5,64 out of 6.00 11th grade
pritty cool i get to keep the 21 bucks the goverment gives me every month

Haha only 21? I get $234 every month, and I get to keep every penny. I get a bit more in August and January though, so the total is $3000 a year.

On top of that add the fact that school is free, and so are the books.

Level 18
Hmm mine's only 14 $ And even tough we're both the same age and both have excelent grades, you sir are given well alot more just because you had the luck of beeing born in a much better country...

Well atleast... im rich in spirit... <:/

Level 18
Better to spend money on high taxes than having trouble choosing which low taxes you would avoid to pay just so that you can stick your head above the shit river - thats my situation...

You... poor? 3000$ a year... thats more than my family makes...

Level 18
Are you guys sure the money we're all talking about is US dolars?Because if you put $ just as a sign of money (not a specific one) things get fucked up example 1 U.S. dollar = 13.4130965 Mexican pesos 1350 pesos ~ 100 $

Incase you areally are saying it correctly then its not good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.