• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What ya Think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So i made this model its not animated yet but before i animate it i want to know what to improve ( Mesh/Texture)
The Model is scratch made and uses the steamtank Texture.

Attachments

• Cannon Sc1.jpg
    Cannon Sc1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 170
  • CannonSc2.jpg
    CannonSc2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 115
  • CannonSc3.jpg
    CannonSc3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 142
  • CannonSc4.jpg
    CannonSc4.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Cannon Sc5.jpg
    Cannon Sc5.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 163
Level 13
Looks like it could be useful, even though it's a little plain rigth now, but that depends on the context I guess. It looks a little like a toy canon.

What I would definately change is the wrap. The wheels don't look right (I know it requires some extra work to wrap these sides of the cylinder as well, but it's necessary). Also, the opening of the canon should be black.

the wireframe doesnt muhc help here with his problem...
i'm sry, i cant really assist you here!

in max (thats what i use) you selest the parts of the mesh and then put an unwrap modifier on it, where you start with basic unwrapping (box-, spheric-, planarmapping and alike) and then you need to push and pull the verts on the unwrap...

maybe it helps you understand the way u need it to do?

Level 7
Here the pic of the wireframe and a explanation what parts i mean.

the black round thing is the wheel. its right wrapped. the green round thing should be the top of the wheel its wrong wrapped cause milkshape doenst allow me to wrap to sides of 1object cause the wheels are created with 1 cylinder.

The Yellow thing is the cannon itself. ITs wrapped right.

The purple thing shows the opening of the cannon which i want to be black. ( the brown arrow points on the black "hole" which should be there.)

I cant make it black cause like the wheels the barrel is made of one the cylinder and with milkshape i can wrap only one side (like top or bottom or left,right whatever) and it automaticilly stretches the texture on the not wrapped parts.

So are you familiar to lithunwrap so you can tell me how i can unwrap it with Lith

Attachments

• wireframe.jpg
    wireframe.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 93
  • wrap.JPG
    wrap.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 82
Level 15
Right then try following these pictures, if you need words as well just say.

6. after youve hidden the inside of the wheel it should be easy to select the rim of the wheels

p.s to unhide just click the hide again

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 4.jpg