• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Noob Delirium: I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
(By the way, By looking at the model, keep in mind that the ORIGINAL model it is based on is from NORINRAD. I didn't use any of his animations, though. You might know his excellent Gnome models.)

WC32.jpg

Spent the last few minutes making freaky animal noises. My first animated model. I can't believe it.

Seriously, I CAN'T. Because I have no idea why it worked. What did I do right?

Gmax. I tried this so many times before, during one month last summer I tried to animate and to export everything with Dexport- no way. I tried the tutroials and everything (some of you might remeber my ever-returning pointless threads).
Now it's done. The first model is animated (among a ton of models I have which are inanimate right now). Was it because I didn't name the bones? But I have tried this before, right? Was it because I made bones out of scratch and didn't try to just modify a complete model? But that's how I operated in the first place... Whatever.

When I say "animated", don't think I'm gonna upload it soon. The animation is extremely crappy, and I will need a few more days to get something acceptable. And the result will definately not be as sophisticated as NORINRADs original work, since I don't know how to do effects and such (yet).

Update: Well, for the sake of etiquette, I DID upload the crappy file.

Update: Well, by now everyone should have noticed my "project" is essentially composed of bizarre little bugs I don't understand.
For instance, look at this baby:

gyromist.JPG

Made with gmax, looks wonderful in Magos' Model Editor, doesn't work ingame, just black. Did I put the texture in the map, with the right path? Well, look at the other model I posted here and judge by yourself if this guy is capable of importing textures into a map or not. It is also a working BLP texture, or else it wouldn't show up in the Model editor, right?
It is just this special texture (gyrocopterxylvania.BLP) that never works ingame, Do you think I have to make a new one from scratch? Would be kinda horrible.

Attachments

• tankX.rar
    100.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.